Cipro and Gallbladder operation - from FDA reports
Gallbladder operation is found among people who take Cipro, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old also take medication Flexeril, and have Post-traumatic stress disorder. This review analyzes which people have Gallbladder operation with Cipro. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 20,569 people who have side effects when taking Cipro from FDA , and is updated regularly.
20,569 people reported to have side effects when taking Cipro.
Among them, 10 people (0.05%) have Gallbladder operation
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Gallbladder operation when taking Cipro *:
- female: 90 %
- male: 10 %
Age of people who have Gallbladder operation when taking Cipro *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 20 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 80 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: 2 people, 20.00%
- Depression: 1 person, 10.00%
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 1 person, 10.00%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Flexeril: 9 people, 90.00%
- Advair Diskus 100/50: 8 people, 80.00%
- Folic Acid: 7 people, 70.00%
- Celexa: 7 people, 70.00%
- Neulasta: 7 people, 70.00%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Chest Pain: 9 people, 90.00%
- Abdominal Pain: 8 people, 80.00%
- Bronchitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane in the bronchial tubes): 8 people, 80.00%
- Weakness: 8 people, 80.00%
- Neck Pain: 8 people, 80.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Cipro and have Gallbladder operation?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Gallbladder operation
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Cipro has active ingredients of ciprofloxacin hydrochloride. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Cipro 22,720 users)
Gallbladder operation has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, primary pulmonary hypertension (latest reports from 2,558 Gallbladder operation patients).
Drugs that are associated with Gallbladder operationGallbladder operation (765 drugs)
Could your condition cause Gallbladder operationGallbladder operation (525 conditions)
Cipro side effects
- Cipro side effects (20,580 reports)
Browse all side effects of Ciproa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Cipro and have Gallbladder Operation
- Support group for people who have Gallbladder Operation
- Support group for people who take Cipro
Can you answer these questions
- Any opinion on whether you think you should take Nystatin at the same time you're taking Ciprofloxacin. Is it safe? I just started Cipro a few days ago and I have been taking Nystatin for thrush. I also took 5 days worth of fluconazole Thank you, gpearl1
- After taking 4 rounds of Cipro I developed unbearable sciatic nerve. What helps most with this condition?
- can ciprofloxacin side effects lead to lost of body weight ?
- I am a 45 yr old female recently diagnosised with Relapsing Polychondritis. I have used cipro as my primary antibiotic for ear and sinus infections since 2008 and occasionally used before then. Reaching out to see if any other's have had RP diagnosised after regularly using Cipro. By...
- I started taking cipro for a uti and the two nights I took it I had sleep paralysis. Do you think this is she to the meds ? I haven't had this happen before besides once when I was 22. Does anyone know anything about this?
You may be interested in these posts
- I took3 days of cipro 250 my appetite is gone feel very anxious and sick goin to stop taking it
- started taking Cipro 3 days ago. I'm experiencing bad double vision (side to side, not up and down). I stopped taking the med today. Im wondering how long until my vision is restored.
- I've had taken Cipro for years not knowing the bad side effects for UTIs. I was at last October 2017 that did Me In by November my shoulder wasn't agonizing pain didn't know how I did it. Went to my doctor got a cortisone shot. After I wore off I had six months of pain finally went to an ortho...
- Just realizing that my fibromyalgia may have been induced by repeated courses of Cipro for diverticulitis.
- Hello, I am really trying to find out some info about wether it's safe to take Cipro if you already have polycythemia rub vera, as I have. Everything I have read seems to suggest that it's not safe at all, and could be potentially life threatening, but I'm just not sure. I was prescribed Cipro...
- Armour Thyroid and Probiotics drug interaction
- Will you have Upper Respiratory Tract Infection with Accutane?
- Will you have Anaemia with Lisinopril?
- Will you have High Blood Pressure with Genital Herpes?
- Will you have Pancoast'S Syndrome with Bricanyl?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Armour Thyroid and Probiotics
- Support group for people who take Accutane and have Upper Respiratory Tract Infection?
- Support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Anaemia?
- Support group for people who have Genital Herpes and High Blood Pressure?
- Support group for people who take Bricanyl and have Pancoast'S Syndrome?
- What to expect when you take Armour Thyroid and Probiotics
- What to expect when you take Accutane and have Upper Respiratory Tract Infection?
- What to expect when you take Lisinopril and have Anaemia?
- What to expect when you have Genital Herpes and High Blood Pressure?
- What to expect when you take Bricanyl and have Pancoast'S Syndrome?
- A study for a 47 year old man who takes Potassium
- A study for a 24 year old man who takes Doxycycline Hyclate
- A study for a 63 year old woman who takes Cromolyn Sodium, Zantac 150, Zyrtec
- A study for a 25 year old woman who takes Chantix, Tizanidine Hydrochloride
- A study for a 59 year old man who takes Lexapro
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.