Cipro and Nausea - from FDA reports
Nausea is found among people who take Cipro, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Urinary tract infection. This review analyzes which people have Nausea with Cipro. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,918 people who have side effects when taking Cipro from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 21, 2017
4,918 people reported to have side effects when taking Cipro.
Among them, 315 people (6.41%) have Nausea
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Cipro when people have Nausea *:
- < 1 month: 77.92 %
- 1 - 6 months: 19.48 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 2.6 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Nausea when taking Cipro *:
- female: 58.78 %
- male: 41.22 %
Age of people who have Nausea when taking Cipro *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 2.43 %
- 20-29: 8.91 %
- 30-39: 14.17 %
- 40-49: 13.36 %
- 50-59: 19.84 %
- 60+: 41.3 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Urinary Tract Infection (51 people, 16.19%)
- Pain (35 people, 11.11%)
- Crohn's Disease (24 people, 7.62%)
- Multiple Myeloma (20 people, 6.35%)
- Preventive Health Care (19 people, 6.03%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (39 people, 12.38%)
- Ibuprofen (34 people, 10.79%)
- Omeprazole (33 people, 10.48%)
- Oxycontin (29 people, 9.21%)
- Levaquin (29 people, 9.21%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea And Vomiting (152 people, 48.25%)
- Fatigue (103 people, 32.70%)
- Headache (93 people, 29.52%)
- Pain (90 people, 28.57%)
- Diarrhea (89 people, 28.25%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Nausea when taking Cipro?
- Check symptoms - is nausea caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsNausea and drugs with ingredients of ciprofloxacin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeNausea and Cipro from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Cipro has active ingredients of ciprofloxacin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Cipro 6,058 users)
Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure (latest reports from 473,277 Nausea patients).
Browse all side effects of Ciproa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with NauseaNausea
Could your condition cause NauseaNausea
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Bolognesi M, Bolognesi D, "Ciprofloxacin-induced paroxysmal atrial fibrilation", OA Case Reports, 2014 Jan .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I am a 45 yr old female recently diagnosised with Relapsing Polychondritis. I have used cipro as my primary antibiotic for ear and sinus infections since 2008 and occasionally used before then. Reaching out to see if any other's have had RP diagnosised after regularly using Cipro. By ...
User posts to the study
I had surgery about 8 weeks ago and have remaining only about 3 feet of small intestine left. I often have an upset stomach and is, really, the most debilitating thing I am dealing with right now. Any suggestions?
I haven’t been diagnosed yet, but I have horrible pain in my hip after a day of bad back pain. The pain is now localized in my right hip. It aches so much! I have had nausea with it for four days even though I’m taking Zofran. I can’t take anti inflammatories. Tylenol only takes the edge ...
My wife has afib with coughing and nausea, and I'm hoping to learn how to mitigate these. I know about keeping upper body vertical. We see cardiologist again in two days, on Tuesday, November 21,2017.