Cipro and Oropharyngeal discomfort - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Oropharyngeal discomfort is found among people who take Cipro, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Cipro and have Oropharyngeal discomfort. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 29,409 people who have side effects when taking Cipro from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
29,409 people reported to have side effects when taking Cipro.
Among them, 9 people (0.03%) have Oropharyngeal discomfort.
What is Cipro?
Cipro has active ingredients of ciprofloxacin hydrochloride. It is often used in urinary tract infection. eHealthMe is studying from 31,646 Cipro users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Oropharyngeal discomfort?
Oropharyngeal discomfort (pain or irritation of oropharynx) is found to be associated with 778 drugs and 537 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Cipro and Oropharyngeal discomfort reports submitted per year:
Time on Cipro when people have Oropharyngeal discomfort *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Oropharyngeal discomfort when taking Cipro *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Oropharyngeal discomfort when taking Cipro *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 66.67 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 33.33 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Cipro *:
- Humira: 3 people, 33.33%
- Flagyl: 3 people, 33.33%
- Prednisone: 2 people, 22.22%
- Apriso: 2 people, 22.22%
- Zocor: 1 person, 11.11%
- Imdur: 1 person, 11.11%
- Hyzaar: 1 person, 11.11%
- Hytrin: 1 person, 11.11%
- Humulin R: 1 person, 11.11%
- Gabapentin: 1 person, 11.11%
Common side effects people have besides Oropharyngeal discomfort *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 4 people, 44.44%
- Injection Site Pain: 3 people, 33.33%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 3 people, 33.33%
- Breathing Difficulty: 3 people, 33.33%
- Chest Pain: 3 people, 33.33%
- Depressed Mood: 2 people, 22.22%
- Sleep Disorder: 2 people, 22.22%
- Injection Site Induration: 2 people, 22.22%
- Joint Pain: 2 people, 22.22%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 2 people, 22.22%
Common conditions people have *:
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 3 people, 33.33%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 1 person, 11.11%
- Cardiac Disorder: 1 person, 11.11%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Cipro and have Oropharyngeal discomfort?Check whether Oropharyngeal discomfort is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Oropharyngeal discomfort and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of ciprofloxacin hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Cipro:
- Cipro (31,646 reports)
Common Cipro side effects:
Browse all side effects of Cipro:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Oropharyngeal discomfort treatments and more:
- Oropharyngeal discomfort (6,482 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Oropharyngeal discomfort:
- Oropharyngeal discomfort in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Oropharyngeal discomfort in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Oropharyngeal discomfort in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Oropharyngeal discomfort:
All the drugs that are associated with Oropharyngeal discomfort:
- Oropharyngeal discomfort (778 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Oropharyngeal discomfort:
All the conditions that are associated with Oropharyngeal discomfort:
- Oropharyngeal discomfort (537 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ciprofloxacin hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Cipro) and Cipro (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Carboplatin and Femur Fracture - 10 seconds ago
- Tramadol Hydrochloride and Mefenamic Acid drug interaction - 18 seconds ago
- Errin and Pulmonary Infarction - 21 seconds ago
- Ceftazidime and Drug Toxicity - 29 seconds ago
- Azathioprine and Mumps - 33 seconds ago
- Prozac and Injection Site Warmth - 54 seconds ago
- Premenstrual Syndrome and Headache - a minute ago
- Potassium and Angioedema - a minute ago
- Escitalopram and Xyrem drug interaction - a minute ago
- Melphalan Hydrochloride and Sweat Gland Tumor - a minute ago