Cipro and Radiation necrosis - from FDA reports
Radiation necrosis is reported only by a few people who take Cipro. We study 20,569 people who have side effects while taking Cipro from FDA. Among them, 4 have Radiation necrosis. Find out below who they are, when they have Radiation necrosis and more.
20,569 people reported to have side effects when taking Cipro.
Among them, 4 people (0.02%) have Radiation necrosis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Radiation necrosis when taking Cipro *:
- female: 75 %
- male: 25 %
Age of people who have Radiation necrosis when taking Cipro *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 100 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Breast Cancer: 3 people, 75.00%
- Hypersensitivity: 1 person, 25.00%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Taxol: 4 people, 100.00%
- Femara: 4 people, 100.00%
- Cytoxan: 4 people, 100.00%
- Ativan: 4 people, 100.00%
- Aredia: 4 people, 100.00%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weight Increased: 4 people, 100.00%
- Pain: 4 people, 100.00%
- Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body): 4 people, 100.00%
- Bone Disorder: 4 people, 100.00%
- Anhedonia (inability to experience pleasure from activities usually found enjoyable): 4 people, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you take Cipro and have Radiation necrosis?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Radiation necrosis
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- Calcium, serum ($35.00) Add to cart
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Parathyroid hormone (pth), intact ($65.00) Add to cart
Cipro has active ingredients of ciprofloxacin hydrochloride. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Cipro 22,720 users)
Radiation necrosis (death of cell due to radiation) has been reported by people with preventive health care, breast cancer, anaplastic astrocytoma, neoplasm malignant, glioblastoma multiforme (latest reports from 180 Radiation necrosis patients).
Drugs that are associated with Radiation necrosisRadiation necrosis (216 drugs)
Could your condition cause Radiation necrosisRadiation necrosis (118 conditions)
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsRadiation necrosis and drugs with ingredients of ciprofloxacin hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeRadiation necrosis and Cipro from FDA and eHealthMe reports (1 reports)
Cipro side effects
- Cipro side effects (20,580 reports)
Browse all side effects of Ciproa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Cipro and have Radiation Necrosis
- Support group for people who have Radiation Necrosis
- Support group for people who take Cipro
Can you answer these questions
- After taking 4 rounds of Cipro I developed unbearable sciatic nerve. What helps most with this condition?
- can ciprofloxacin side effects lead to lost of body weight ?
- I am a 45 yr old female recently diagnosised with Relapsing Polychondritis. I have used cipro as my primary antibiotic for ear and sinus infections since 2008 and occasionally used before then. Reaching out to see if any other's have had RP diagnosised after regularly using Cipro. By...
- I started taking cipro for a uti and the two nights I took it I had sleep paralysis. Do you think this is she to the meds ? I haven't had this happen before besides once when I was 22. Does anyone know anything about this?
- Is there any possibility that Cipro caused my vestibular difficulties?
You may be interested in these posts
- Just realizing that my fibromyalgia may have been induced by repeated courses of Cipro for diverticulitis.
- Hello, I am really trying to find out some info about wether it's safe to take Cipro if you already have polycythemia rub vera, as I have. Everything I have read seems to suggest that it's not safe at all, and could be potentially life threatening, but I'm just not sure. I was prescribed Cipro...
- I was sent home from work cause my urine test was inconclusive for amphetamine. And I'm taking cipro 500 ml
- My husband 71 has been taking 500mg a day Cipro for six years as a profolactic against an infection in artificial joint. He suddenly has very severe short and long term memory loss. We thought it was stroke but the docs are stumped cannot find evidence of stroke. Prior to this he was sharp as...
- I took 1000 mg a day for 14 days of cipro a year later I m suffering from gout n joint pains. I got the same symptoms while taking it but thought it's just side affect for short time
- Will you have Stress And Anxiety with Pleuritic Chest Pain?
- Will you have Tension with Pleuritic Chest Pain?
- Will you have Stress with Pleuritic Chest Pain?
- Will you have Feeling Uptight with Pleuritic Chest Pain?
- Will you have Apprehension with Pleuritic Chest Pain?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who have Pleuritic Chest Pain and Stress And Anxiety?
- Support group for people who have Pleuritic Chest Pain and Tension?
- Support group for people who have Pleuritic Chest Pain and Stress?
- Support group for people who have Pleuritic Chest Pain and Feeling Uptight?
- Support group for people who have Pleuritic Chest Pain and Apprehension?
- What to expect when you have Pleuritic Chest Pain and Stress And Anxiety?
- What to expect when you have Pleuritic Chest Pain and Tension?
- What to expect when you have Pleuritic Chest Pain and Stress?
- What to expect when you have Pleuritic Chest Pain and Feeling Uptight?
- What to expect when you have Pleuritic Chest Pain and Apprehension?
- A study for a 58 year old woman who takes Sertraline, Trimethoprim
- A study for a 28 year old man who takes Clonazepam, Catapres-tts-3, Tramadol, Zoloft, Melatonin, Requip
- A study for a 40 year old woman who takes Ambien, Multivitamin, Zoloft, Glucosamine, Turmeric
- A study for a 36 year old man who takes Ambien, Astelin
- A study for a 22 year old woman who takes Paracetamol, Loratadine
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.