Ciprofloxacin and Diarrhea - from FDA reports
Diarrhea is found among people who take Ciprofloxacin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Omeprazole, and have Preventive health care. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,230 people who have side effects when taking Ciprofloxacin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
4,230 people reported to have side effects when taking Ciprofloxacin.
Among them, 303 people (7.16%) have Diarrhea
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ciprofloxacin when people have Diarrhea *:
- < 1 month: 89.17 %
- 1 - 6 months: 10.83 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Diarrhea when taking Ciprofloxacin *:
- female: 70.59 %
- male: 29.41 %
Age of people who have Diarrhea when taking Ciprofloxacin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.84 %
- 10-19: 3.8 %
- 20-29: 9.28 %
- 30-39: 14.77 %
- 40-49: 6.75 %
- 50-59: 12.24 %
- 60+: 52.32 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Preventive Health Care: 31 people, 10.23%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 22 people, 7.26%
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 20 people, 6.60%
- Pneumonia: 20 people, 6.60%
- Pseudomonas Infection (pseudomonas infection is caused by a bacterium, pseudomonas aeruginosa): 19 people, 6.27%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Omeprazole: 47 people, 15.51%
- Amoxicillin: 31 people, 10.23%
- Aspirin: 29 people, 9.57%
- Clarithromycin: 27 people, 8.91%
- Dexamethasone: 26 people, 8.58%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea And Vomiting: 74 people, 24.42%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 74 people, 24.42%
- Fever: 59 people, 19.47%
- Weakness: 52 people, 17.16%
- Stress And Anxiety: 52 people, 17.16%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Diarrhea while taking Ciprofloxacin?
You are not alone:
Ciprofloxacin has active ingredients of ciprofloxacin. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Ciprofloxacin 5,339 users)
Diarrhea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, multiple myeloma (latest reports from 371,816 Diarrhea patients).
Drugs that are associated with DiarrheaDiarrhea (4,047 drugs)
Could your condition cause DiarrheaDiarrhea (4,977 conditions)
Ciprofloxacin side effects
- Ciprofloxacin side effects (4,231 reports)
Browse all side effects of Ciprofloxacina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Bolognesi M, Bolognesi D, "Ciprofloxacin-induced paroxysmal atrial fibrilation", OA Case Reports, 2014 Jan .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Movement Disorder with Norco? - a second ago
- Will you have Skin Redness Or Inflammation with Ginkgo Biloba? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Skin Rash with Ginkgo Biloba? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Skin Lesion with Ginkgo Biloba? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Rubor with Ginkgo Biloba? - 2 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 60 year old man who takes Lasix, Pradaxa - 19 minutes ago
- A study for a 57 year old woman who takes Plavix, Suboxone, Crestor, Magnesium Glycinate, Valium, Aspirin - 56 minutes ago
- A study for a 57 year old woman who takes Plavix, Crestor, Valium, Aspirin - an hour ago
- A study for a 31 year old woman who takes Reglan, Unisom, Phenergan, Lexapro, Protonix - an hour ago
- A study for a 46 year old woman who takes Enbrel - an hour ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.