Ciprofloxacin and Fatigue - from FDA reports
Fatigue is found among people who take Ciprofloxacin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Prednisone, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Fatigue with Ciprofloxacin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,221 people who have side effects when taking Ciprofloxacin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 24, 2017
4,221 people reported to have side effects when taking Ciprofloxacin.
Among them, 249 people (5.9%) have Fatigue
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ciprofloxacin when people have Fatigue *:
- < 1 month: 81.52 %
- 1 - 6 months: 17.39 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 1.09 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Fatigue when taking Ciprofloxacin *:
- female: 51.45 %
- male: 48.55 %
Age of people who have Fatigue when taking Ciprofloxacin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.5 %
- 10-19: 2.49 %
- 20-29: 10.45 %
- 30-39: 12.94 %
- 40-49: 19.9 %
- 50-59: 23.38 %
- 60+: 30.35 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (26 people, 10.44%)
- Prostatitis (17 people, 6.83%)
- Multiple Myeloma (16 people, 6.43%)
- Preventive Health Care (11 people, 4.42%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (11 people, 4.42%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (28 people, 11.24%)
- Prednisone (28 people, 11.24%)
- Ibuprofen (25 people, 10.04%)
- Trimethoprim (21 people, 8.43%)
- Oxycontin (19 people, 7.63%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (88 people, 35.34%)
- Weakness (78 people, 31.33%)
- Nausea (76 people, 30.52%)
- Joint Pain (75 people, 30.12%)
- Headache (74 people, 29.72%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Fatigue when taking Ciprofloxacin?
- Check symptoms - is fatigue caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsFatigue and drugs with ingredients of ciprofloxacin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeFatigue and Ciprofloxacin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Ciprofloxacin has active ingredients of ciprofloxacin. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Ciprofloxacin 5,329 users)
Fatigue (feeling of tiredness) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, hepatitis c, high blood pressure, depression (latest reports from 406,355 Fatigue patients).
Browse all side effects of Ciprofloxacina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with FatigueFatigue
Could your condition cause FatigueFatigue
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Bolognesi M, Bolognesi D, "Ciprofloxacin-induced paroxysmal atrial fibrilation", OA Case Reports, 2014 Jan .
- Peel MM, Cooke M, Lewis-Peel HJ, Lea RA, Moyle W, "A randomized controlled trial of coenzyme Q 10 for fatigue in the late-onset sequelae of poliomyelitis", Complementary therapies in medicine, 2015 Dec .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I was wondering if someone can help me. I have systemic candida which has been really hard to get rid of. To top it off, I take suboxone for pain. Has anyone noticed if the suboxone made the candida symptoms worse?
I have persistent Atrial Fibrillation. My doctor has advised to stop taking 20 mg xarelto for one week then go to 15 mg. I stopped 6 days ago still have the itching problem....will this itching ever go away? Is there anything I can do to stop/cure it? Hope good people out there can give ...
59 years...Just had my 2nd dose of prolia , during a routine 24 urine test, was found to have hypercalciumia now on chlorthalidone which caused me to have a critical low potassium.went to EC for potassium . Have been feeling tired, with upper arm pain and a headache X1 week prior to and after ...
I am wondering why you changed your website. I used to love seeing the graphs regarding a symptom and a drug. I am an RN and geriatric acre manager and I used to find your former website very helpful. The new one is not intuative and not nearly as helpful. New note: I got your response to my ...
User posts to the study
I had been on Brlinita for about 1 1/2 yrs. -- after having two heart stents put in. Also a beta blocker and baby aspirin regemin. At that point I felt in no position to argue. Maybe 3 months in to the Brilinta & beta blocker, I started complaining about fatigue & intertia. Strange ...
Just started taking Cholestyramine about 2 weeks ago and now experiencing fatigue. Very sluggish. Never felt this way before. Male age 60 not taking any other meds at all. Just multi-vitamens & an iron pill.