Ciprofloxacin and Fatigue - from FDA reports
Fatigue is found among people who take Ciprofloxacin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Prednisone, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Fatigue with Ciprofloxacin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,221 people who have side effects when taking Ciprofloxacin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
4,221 people reported to have side effects when taking Ciprofloxacin.
Among them, 249 people (5.9%) have Fatigue
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ciprofloxacin when people have Fatigue *:
- < 1 month: 81.52 %
- 1 - 6 months: 17.39 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 1.09 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Fatigue when taking Ciprofloxacin *:
- female: 51.45 %
- male: 48.55 %
Age of people who have Fatigue when taking Ciprofloxacin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.5 %
- 10-19: 2.49 %
- 20-29: 10.45 %
- 30-39: 12.94 %
- 40-49: 19.9 %
- 50-59: 23.38 %
- 60+: 30.35 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain: 26 people, 10.44%
- Prostatitis (inflammation of the prostate gland): 17 people, 6.83%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 16 people, 6.43%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 11 people, 4.42%
- Preventive Health Care: 11 people, 4.42%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa: 28 people, 11.24%
- Prednisone: 28 people, 11.24%
- Ibuprofen: 25 people, 10.04%
- Trimethoprim: 21 people, 8.43%
- Tylenol: 19 people, 7.63%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain: 88 people, 35.34%
- Weakness: 78 people, 31.33%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 76 people, 30.52%
- Joint Pain: 75 people, 30.12%
- Headache (pain in head): 74 people, 29.72%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
You could also:
- Personalize and monitor this study
- Volunteer or get paid with your care experience as a Care Guide
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
Ciprofloxacin has active ingredients of ciprofloxacin. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Ciprofloxacin 5,330 users)
Fatigue (feeling of tiredness) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, hepatitis c, high blood pressure, depression (latest reports from 406,378 Fatigue patients).
Drugs that are associated with FatigueFatigue (3,825 drugs)
Could your condition cause FatigueFatigue (5,439 conditions)
Ciprofloxacin side effects
- Ciprofloxacin side effects (4,222 reports)
Browse all side effects of Ciprofloxacina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Bolognesi M, Bolognesi D, "Ciprofloxacin-induced paroxysmal atrial fibrilation", OA Case Reports, 2014 Jan .
- Peel MM, Cooke M, Lewis-Peel HJ, Lea RA, Moyle W, "A randomized controlled trial of coenzyme Q 10 for fatigue in the late-onset sequelae of poliomyelitis", Complementary therapies in medicine, 2015 Dec .
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Ciprofloxacin and have Fatigue
- Support group for people who have Fatigue
- Support group for people who take Ciprofloxacin
You may be interested in these posts
- I am 37 uears old and have been on gabapentin for over 6 years. I noticed hair loss being the first thing. Then i wemt to the doctor's due to not feeling well found out I have an autoimmune disease (still testing) along with a heart murmur I never had till just recently.
- I had phlebitis, the rheumatologist prescribed Xarelto for 90 days. Now it's been 40 days since I stopped, I began to feel an extreme tiredness, to the point of not being able to even take a shower. I consulted my family doctor and for the time being an important anemia was diagnosed. I'm very...
- I've been diagnosed over a year now...always healthy before that...it is a challenge working full time in my field of counselling with dry mouth and fatique from time to time.
- Hi, my husband has chrones, has been on Remicade, Humira, Cimzia, and now on Entyvio for 11/2 yrs. His chrones seems really good, but the chronic fatigue is killing him. Been really tired exhausted for weeks upon weeks after infusion. Seems to ease up right before next one, and on we...
- Hi I'm Lynn, I'm 46 years old and have secondary breast cancer. Tried lots of treatments beforehand which havnt worked as my tumours are still growing. Mine have spread to my lungs and liver. Some of the other chemo treatments were brutal FEC in particular but with this drug I'm experiencing...
- What to expect when you take Urocit-K and have Kernicterus?
- Will you have Removal Of The Uterus with Lexapro?
- Sumatriptan Succinate and Ergotamine Tartrate And Caffeine drug interaction
- What to expect when you take Ketoconazole and have Amnesia?
- Will you have Psoriasis with Pitocin?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Lexapro and have Removal Of The Uterus?
- Support group for people who take Sumatriptan Succinate and Ergotamine Tartrate And Caffeine
- Support group for people who take Pitocin and have Psoriasis?
- Support group for people who take Losartan Potassium and have Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-Dependent?
- Support group for people who take Macrodantin and have Tachycardia Aggravated?
- I make my own yoghurt during the last 1,5 year using pure acidophilus as a culture bacteria and now...
- Hello. I've been on Vyvanse 40mg for several years now. I have a mild case of narcolepsy and...
- I am a 53 year old female with osteoporosis. I had my first infusion 3 days ago. Next day I felt...
- Hi, I have been taking Lamictal for a couple of years. I have loved the results, as it has really...
- Was prescribed Mirtazapine 2 years ago after coming off Dosulepin. Was on it for 8 months before I...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.