Ciprofloxacin and Fatigue - from FDA reports
Fatigue is found among people who take Ciprofloxacin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Prednisone, and have Pain. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,230 people who have side effects when taking Ciprofloxacin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
4,230 people reported to have side effects when taking Ciprofloxacin.
Among them, 250 people (5.91%) have Fatigue
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ciprofloxacin when people have Fatigue *:
- < 1 month: 81.52 %
- 1 - 6 months: 17.39 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Fatigue when taking Ciprofloxacin *:
- female: 51.24 %
- male: 48.76 %
Age of people who have Fatigue when taking Ciprofloxacin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.5 %
- 10-19: 2.48 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain: 26 people, 10.40%
- Prostatitis (inflammation of the prostate gland): 17 people, 6.80%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 16 people, 6.40%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 11 people, 4.40%
- Preventive Health Care: 11 people, 4.40%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa: 28 people, 11.20%
- Prednisone: 28 people, 11.20%
- Ibuprofen: 25 people, 10.00%
- Trimethoprim: 21 people, 8.40%
- Levaquin: 19 people, 7.60%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain: 88 people, 35.20%
- Weakness: 78 people, 31.20%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 76 people, 30.40%
- Joint Pain: 75 people, 30.00%
- Headache (pain in head): 74 people, 29.60%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Fatigue while taking Ciprofloxacin?
You are not alone:
Ciprofloxacin has active ingredients of ciprofloxacin. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Ciprofloxacin 5,339 users)
Fatigue (feeling of tiredness) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, hepatitis c, depression (latest reports from 491,634 Fatigue patients).
Drugs that are associated with FatigueFatigue (4,375 drugs)
Could your condition cause FatigueFatigue (5,459 conditions)
Ciprofloxacin side effects
- Ciprofloxacin side effects (4,231 reports)
Browse all side effects of Ciprofloxacina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Bolognesi M, Bolognesi D, "Ciprofloxacin-induced paroxysmal atrial fibrilation", OA Case Reports, 2014 Jan .
- Peel MM, Cooke M, Lewis-Peel HJ, Lea RA, Moyle W, "A randomized controlled trial of coenzyme Q 10 for fatigue in the late-onset sequelae of poliomyelitis", Complementary therapies in medicine, 2015 Dec .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Obstruction with Lialda? - now
- Will you have Vaginal Haemorrhage with Zinc Oxide Overdose? - now
- Will you have Ear Canal Injury with Patanol? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Altered State Of Consciousness with Vistaril? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Directional Doppler Flow Tests Abnormal with Methylprednisolone? - 4 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 59 year old woman who takes Aleve - 26 minutes ago
- A study for a 57 year old man who takes Pregabalin - an hour ago
- A study for a 51 year old woman who takes Mirena - an hour ago
- A study for a 41 year old man who takes Cymbalta, Atripla - an hour ago
- A study for a 67 year old woman who takes Albuterol, Prednisone, Lorazepam, Spiriva, Morphine Sulfate, Aspirin - an hour ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.