Ciprofloxacin and Fatigue - from FDA reports
Fatigue is found among people who take Ciprofloxacin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Prednisone, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Fatigue with Ciprofloxacin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,221 people who have side effects when taking Ciprofloxacin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
4,221 people reported to have side effects when taking Ciprofloxacin.
Among them, 249 people (5.9%) have Fatigue
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ciprofloxacin when people have Fatigue *:
- < 1 month: 81.52 %
- 1 - 6 months: 17.39 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 1.09 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Fatigue when taking Ciprofloxacin *:
- female: 51.45 %
- male: 48.55 %
Age of people who have Fatigue when taking Ciprofloxacin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.5 %
- 10-19: 2.49 %
- 20-29: 10.45 %
- 30-39: 12.94 %
- 40-49: 19.9 %
- 50-59: 23.38 %
- 60+: 30.35 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain: 26 people, 10.44%
- Prostatitis (inflammation of the prostate gland): 17 people, 6.83%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 16 people, 6.43%
- Preventive Health Care: 11 people, 4.42%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 11 people, 4.42%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa: 28 people, 11.24%
- Prednisone: 28 people, 11.24%
- Ibuprofen: 25 people, 10.04%
- Trimethoprim: 21 people, 8.43%
- Oxycontin: 19 people, 7.63%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain: 88 people, 35.34%
- Weakness: 78 people, 31.33%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 76 people, 30.52%
- Joint Pain: 75 people, 30.12%
- Headache (pain in head): 74 people, 29.72%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you take Ciprofloxacin and have Fatigue?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Fatigue
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Share you experience to help people like you
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- Arthritis panel ($197.00) Add to cart
- Calcium, serum ($35.00) Add to cart
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Hcg (pregnancy) qualitative, serum (human chorionic gonadotropin) females only ($53.00) Add to cart
- Parathyroid hormone (pth), intact ($65.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
Ciprofloxacin has active ingredients of ciprofloxacin. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Ciprofloxacin 5,330 users)
Fatigue (feeling of tiredness) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, hepatitis c, high blood pressure, depression (latest reports from 406,378 Fatigue patients).
Drugs that are associated with FatigueFatigue (4,338 drugs)
Could your condition cause FatigueFatigue (5,396 conditions)
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsFatigue and drugs with ingredients of ciprofloxacin. (328 reports)
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeFatigue and Ciprofloxacin from FDA and eHealthMe reports (258 reports)
Ciprofloxacin side effects
- Ciprofloxacin side effects (4,222 reports)
Browse all side effects of Ciprofloxacina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Bolognesi M, Bolognesi D, "Ciprofloxacin-induced paroxysmal atrial fibrilation", OA Case Reports, 2014 Jan .
- Peel MM, Cooke M, Lewis-Peel HJ, Lea RA, Moyle W, "A randomized controlled trial of coenzyme Q 10 for fatigue in the late-onset sequelae of poliomyelitis", Complementary therapies in medicine, 2015 Dec .
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Ciprofloxacin and have Fatigue
- Support group for people who have Fatigue
- Support group for people who take Ciprofloxacin
Can you answer these questions
- Any body else experiencing weakness and extreme fatigue? How long will it take to get my energy back?
- I was taking Flomax for about a month with Cipro. Turned out that I have diabetes and I had a UTI. I have low blood platelets and am scheduled to see a hematologist. Not sure if this is medication related yet. Any insight?
- So fatigued-feel like this disease has taken away all interests and stolen who I am-anyone else experiencing that? Any suggestions for how you bring pleasure back in your life? Thanks, L
- I've been taking vivitrol for 2 months now and I have extreme fatigue. I can sleep for 16 hours a day. I cant get motivated to do anything. Does this go away?
- Is there any way to resolve Flecainide-caused fatigue without discontinuing the drug?
You may be interested in these posts
- For the last couple months I have been desperate to find an answer to my issue. Around the time of my menstrual cycle I will sleep for days on end and it's difficult to wake me up. It is affecting my family and marriage. Please help
- Second day on levofloxacin. I immediately experienced extreme fatigue...even more than usual. Also weakness in my legs. My comorbidities are Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia with doubling lymphocyte counts but no treatment yet. Also cardiac issues... pacemaker and ablation a year ago. Both...
- Have been sick for 4 weeks. When will this end?
- Have been on Jardiance for 3 months supposedly as a test because I take metformin. Could not understand what has happened to me as I am fatigued after doing the most minor chores. I am so happy to find this group.
- Seems more than fatigue, I hope for an antidote , I want my life back.
- Will you have Taste Loss with Clotrimazole?
- Will you have Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease with Phentermine?
- Will you have Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease with Phentermine?
- Will you have Gastro-Oesophageal Reflux Disease with Phentermine?
- Will you have Reflux with Phentermine?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Clotrimazole and have Taste Loss?
- Support group for people who take Phentermine and have Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease?
- Support group for people who take Phentermine and have Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease?
- Support group for people who take Phentermine and have Gastro-Oesophageal Reflux Disease?
- Support group for people who take Phentermine and have Reflux?
- What to expect when you take Clotrimazole and have Taste Loss?
- What to expect when you take Phentermine and have Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease?
- What to expect when you take Phentermine and have Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease?
- What to expect when you take Phentermine and have Gastro-Oesophageal Reflux Disease?
- What to expect when you take Phentermine and have Reflux?
- A study for a 20 year old woman who takes Estinyl, Aygestin
- A study for a 57 year old woman who takes Xeloda
- A study for a 77 year old woman who takes Plaquenil, Levothyroxine Sodium, Metformin, Prednisone, Sertraline
- A study for a 70 year old man who takes Eliquis, Magnesium
- A study for a 69 year old woman who takes Zyrtec Allergy, Breo Ellipta
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.