Who have Heart pounding or racing with Ciprofloxacin - from FDA reports
Heart pounding or racing is found among people who take Ciprofloxacin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Trimethoprim, and have Pain. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,230 people who have side effects when taking Ciprofloxacin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
4,230 people reported to have side effects when taking Ciprofloxacin.
Among them, 92 people (2.17%) have Heart pounding or racing
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ciprofloxacin when people have Heart pounding or racing *:
- < 1 month: 78.18 %
- 1 - 6 months: 21.82 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Heart pounding or racing when taking Ciprofloxacin *:
- female: 67.03 %
- male: 32.97 %
Age of people who have Heart pounding or racing when taking Ciprofloxacin *:
- 0-1: 1.14 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.14 %
- 20-29: 20.45 %
- 30-39: 5.68 %
- 40-49: 25.0 %
- 50-59: 17.05 %
- 60+: 29.55 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain: 12 people, 13.04%
- Bladder Pain: 11 people, 11.96%
- Prostatitis (inflammation of the prostate gland): 7 people, 7.61%
- Epididymitis (pain in the scrotum or testicle): 6 people, 6.52%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 3 people, 3.26%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 3 people, 3.26%
- Prostate Infection: 3 people, 3.26%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 2 people, 2.17%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 2 people, 2.17%
- Stress And Anxiety: 2 people, 2.17%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Trimethoprim: 32 people, 34.78%
- Ibuprofen: 15 people, 16.30%
- Nitrofurantoin: 13 people, 14.13%
- Magnesium: 11 people, 11.96%
- Oxycontin: 11 people, 11.96%
- Augmentin: 10 people, 10.87%
- Ofloxacin: 9 people, 9.78%
- Vitamin C: 8 people, 8.70%
- Clarithromycin: 7 people, 7.61%
- Vitamin D3: 7 people, 7.61%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Joint Pain: 47 people, 51.09%
- Weakness: 42 people, 45.65%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 40 people, 43.48%
- Headache (pain in head): 35 people, 38.04%
- Pain: 35 people, 38.04%
- Paraesthesia (sensation of tingling, tickling, prickling, pricking, or burning of a person's skin with no apparent long-term physical effect): 34 people, 36.96%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 34 people, 36.96%
- Breathing Difficulty: 29 people, 31.52%
- Musculoskeletal Stiffness (stiffness of the body's muscles, joints, tendons, ligaments and nerves): 28 people, 30.43%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 28 people, 30.43%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Heart pounding or racing while taking Ciprofloxacin?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Heart pounding or racing
- Subscribe to monitor Heart pounding or racing in Ciprofloxacin
You are not alone:
Ciprofloxacin has active ingredients of ciprofloxacin. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Ciprofloxacin 5,339 users)
Heart pounding or racing
Heart pounding or racing (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 95,285 Heart pounding or racing patients).
Drugs that are associated with Heart pounding or racingHeart pounding or racing (3,451 drugs)
Could your condition cause Heart pounding or racingHeart pounding or racing (2,990 conditions)
Ciprofloxacin side effects
- Ciprofloxacin side effects (4,231 reports)
Browse by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Ciprofloxacina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Bolognesi M, Bolognesi D, "Ciprofloxacin-induced paroxysmal atrial fibrilation", OA Case Reports, 2014 Jan .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Xeljanz and Cipro drug interaction - a second ago
- Rilutek and Hagedorn drug interaction - a second ago
- Captopril and Safflower Nut Oil drug interaction - a second ago
- Will you have T-Cell Unclassifiable Lymphoma High Grade with Phentermine? - 3 seconds ago
- Cefuroxime Axetil and Gablofen drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Vaginal Hyperplasia with Tamsulosin Hydrochloride? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Deafness Permanent Partial with Azacitidine? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Obstructive Uropathy - Bilateral - Chronic with Wygesic? - 7 seconds ago
- Will you have Nail Pitting with Thiamine Hcl? - 7 seconds ago
- Will you have International Normalised Ratio Increased with Citalopram Hydrobromide? - 8 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- Drug comparison of Clonazepam, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Baclofen for a 78 year old man - an hour ago
- A study for a 56 year old man who takes Harvoni - an hour ago
- A study for a 75 year old man who takes Pravastatin Sodium - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 26 year old man who takes Acetyl-carnitine, Saw Palmetto, Herba Ginkgo Biloba - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 51 year old man who takes Crestor, Otezla - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 74 year old man who takes Losartan - 8 hours ago
- A study for a 26 year old woman who takes Remicade - 8 hours ago
- A study for a 59 year old woman who takes Trazodone Hydrochloride, Adderall 30, Vistaril, Naltrexone Hydrochloride, Lamictal, Lexapro - 9 hours ago
- A study for a 79 year old man who takes Phenylephrine Hydrochloride - 10 hours ago
- A study for a 70 year old woman who takes Prolia - 10 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.