Who have Heart racing with Ciprofloxacin - from FDA reports
Heart racing is found among people who take Ciprofloxacin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Trimethoprim, and have Pain. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,230 people who have side effects when taking Ciprofloxacin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Peer to Peer mobile support
Peer support for this study is available on our Ginger Health app. It's free, anonymous and secure. The app is ideal for people taking multiple medications or having multiple conditions.
4,230 people reported to have side effects when taking Ciprofloxacin.
Among them, 92 people (2.17%) have Heart racing
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ciprofloxacin when people have Heart racing *:
- < 1 month: 78.18 %
- 1 - 6 months: 21.82 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Heart racing when taking Ciprofloxacin *:
- female: 67.03 %
- male: 32.97 %
Age of people who have Heart racing when taking Ciprofloxacin *:
- 0-1: 1.14 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.14 %
- 20-29: 20.45 %
- 30-39: 5.68 %
- 40-49: 25.0 %
- 50-59: 17.05 %
- 60+: 29.55 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain: 12 people, 13.04%
- Bladder Pain: 11 people, 11.96%
- Prostatitis (inflammation of the prostate gland): 7 people, 7.61%
- Epididymitis (pain in the scrotum or testicle): 6 people, 6.52%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 3 people, 3.26%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 3 people, 3.26%
- Prostate Infection: 3 people, 3.26%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 2 people, 2.17%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 2 people, 2.17%
- Stress And Anxiety: 2 people, 2.17%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Trimethoprim: 32 people, 34.78%
- Ibuprofen: 15 people, 16.30%
- Nitrofurantoin: 13 people, 14.13%
- Magnesium: 11 people, 11.96%
- Oxycontin: 11 people, 11.96%
- Augmentin: 10 people, 10.87%
- Ofloxacin: 9 people, 9.78%
- Vitamin C: 8 people, 8.70%
- Clarithromycin: 7 people, 7.61%
- Vitamin D3: 7 people, 7.61%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Joint Pain: 47 people, 51.09%
- Weakness: 42 people, 45.65%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 40 people, 43.48%
- Headache (pain in head): 35 people, 38.04%
- Pain: 35 people, 38.04%
- Paraesthesia (sensation of tingling, tickling, prickling, pricking, or burning of a person's skin with no apparent long-term physical effect): 34 people, 36.96%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 34 people, 36.96%
- Breathing Difficulty: 29 people, 31.52%
- Musculoskeletal Stiffness (stiffness of the body's muscles, joints, tendons, ligaments and nerves): 28 people, 30.43%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 28 people, 30.43%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Heart racing while taking Ciprofloxacin?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Heart racing
- Subscribe to monitor Heart racing in Ciprofloxacin
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Ciprofloxacin and have Heart racing
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Ciprofloxacin has active ingredients of ciprofloxacin. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Ciprofloxacin 5,339 users)
Heart racing has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 95,286 Heart racing patients).
Drugs that are associated with Heart racingHeart racing (3,413 drugs)
Could your condition cause Heart racingHeart racing (2,987 conditions)
Ciprofloxacin side effects
- Ciprofloxacin side effects (4,231 reports)
Browse by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Ciprofloxacina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Compare Ciprofloxacin to similar drugs:
- Ciprofloxacin vs Amoxicillin
- Ciprofloxacin vs Amoxil
- Ciprofloxacin vs Azithromycin
- Ciprofloxacin vs Bactrim
- Ciprofloxacin vs Bactrim ds
- Ciprofloxacin vs Cephalexin
- Ciprofloxacin vs Cipro hc
- Ciprofloxacin vs Clarithromycin
- Ciprofloxacin vs Doxycycline
- Ciprofloxacin vs Flagyl
- Ciprofloxacin vs Keflex
- Ciprofloxacin vs Metronidazole
- Ciprofloxacin vs Proscar
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Bolognesi M, Bolognesi D, "Ciprofloxacin-induced paroxysmal atrial fibrilation", OA Case Reports, 2014 Jan .
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Anemia with Protonix? - now
- Will you have Long Qt Syndrome with Soma? - now
- Will you have Myokymia with Aspirin? - now
- Motrin Migraine Pain and Queen'S Crape Myrtle drug interaction - a second ago
- Probiotics and Adderall drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Feeding Tube Complication with Clonazepam? - 2 seconds ago
- Sertraline and Omeprazole drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- What to expect when you take Hydrea and Fentanyl - 3 seconds ago
- What to expect when you take Paroxetine and Aripiprazole - 3 seconds ago
- What to expect when you take Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide and Zantac - 4 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 24 year old woman who takes Promethazine, Zofran, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Remeron, Xanax - an hour ago
- A study for a 60 year old woman who takes Cymbalta - an hour ago
- A study for a 67 year old man who takes Losartan Potassium, Flecainide Acetate - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 56 year old man who takes Azithromycin - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 37 year old woman who takes Celexa, Lotrel, Zyrtec Allergy - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 49 year old woman who takes Trulicity, Metformin, Simvastatin, Invokana - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 56 year old woman who takes Avapro, Clarithromycin, Dexamethasone - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 52 year old woman who takes Plavix, Lipitor, Clonazepam - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 42 year old man who takes Viagra, Vyvanse - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 34 year old man who takes Depakote - 7 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.