Cisplatin and Diverticular perforation - from FDA reports
Diverticular perforation is found among people who take Cisplatin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Taxotere, and have Multiple myeloma. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 57,148 people who have side effects when taking Cisplatin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
57,148 people reported to have side effects when taking Cisplatin.
Among them, 66 people (0.12%) have Diverticular perforation
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Cisplatin when people have Diverticular perforation *:
- < 1 month: 80 %
- 1 - 6 months: 16 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Diverticular perforation when taking Cisplatin *:
- female: 3.03 %
- male: 96.97 %
Age of people who have Diverticular perforation when taking Cisplatin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 10 people, 15.15%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 8 people, 12.12%
- Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Stage Iv: 6 people, 9.09%
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe): 6 people, 9.09%
- Pain: 5 people, 7.58%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Taxotere: 14 people, 21.21%
- Fluorouracil: 12 people, 18.18%
- Dexamethasone: 11 people, 16.67%
- Combivent: 11 people, 16.67%
- Alimta: 10 people, 15.15%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Peritonitis (inflammation of the peritoneum, the thin tissue that lines the inner wall of the abdomen and covers most of the abdominal organs): 12 people, 18.18%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 10 people, 15.15%
- Diverticulitis (digestive disease which involves the formation of pouches (diverticula) within the bowel wall): 10 people, 15.15%
- Infectious Peritonitis (inflammation of the peritoneum, typically caused by bacterial infection): 10 people, 15.15%
- Constipation: 7 people, 10.61%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Diverticular perforation while taking Cisplatin?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Diverticular perforation
- Subscribe to monitor Diverticular perforation in Cisplatin
You are not alone:
Cisplatin has active ingredients of cisplatin. It is often used in chemotherapy. (latest outcomes from Cisplatin 57,301 users)
Diverticular perforation (serious gastrointestinal condition in which the intestine's walls are perforated) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple myeloma, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, lung cancer - non-small cell (latest reports from 1,885 Diverticular perforation patients).
Drugs that are associated with Diverticular perforationDiverticular perforation (557 drugs)
Could your condition cause Diverticular perforationDiverticular perforation (328 conditions)
Cisplatin side effects
- Cisplatin side effects (57,184 reports)
Browse all side effects of Cisplatina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Schlumbrecht MP, Hehr K, "Cisplatin-induced bradycardia and the importance of the QT interval", Journal of Oncology Pharmacy Practice, 2015 Jan .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Flatulence with Vyvanse? - now
- Will you have Immunodeficiency Disorders with Latuda? - 7 seconds ago
- Will you have Immunosuppression with Latuda? - 7 seconds ago
- Alendronic Acid and Lansoprazole drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Ketoprofen and Sertraline drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 37 year old woman who takes Adderall, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Lexapro - 12 minutes ago
- A study for a 65 year old woman who takes Lisinopril - 13 minutes ago
- Prediction of Losartan, Pravastatin Sodium, Metformin for a 57 year old man - 26 minutes ago
- Prediction of Losartan, Pravastatin Sodium, Metformin for a 57 year old man - 40 minutes ago
- A study for a 46 year old man who takes Paxil, Zestril, Levo-t, Omeprazole, Vitamin D - 54 minutes ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.