Cisplatin and Zieve syndrome - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Zieve syndrome is reported only by a few people who take Cisplatin.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Cisplatin and have Zieve syndrome. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 79,691 people who have side effects while taking Cisplatin from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
79,691 people reported to have side effects when taking Cisplatin.
Among them, 4 people (0.01%) have Zieve syndrome.
What is Cisplatin?
Cisplatin has active ingredients of cisplatin. It is often used in chemotherapy. eHealthMe is studying from 79,855 Cisplatin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Zieve syndrome?
Zieve syndrome (the combination of alcoholic infection of liver ,destruction of blood cells jaundice) is found to be associated with 15 drugs and 6 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Cisplatin and Zieve syndrome reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Zieve syndrome when taking Cisplatin *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Zieve syndrome when taking Cisplatin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 100 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Cisplatin *:
- Gemzar: 4 people, 100.00%
- Emend: 4 people, 100.00%
- Dexamethasone: 4 people, 100.00%
- Zofran: 3 people, 75.00%
Common side effects people have besides Zieve syndrome *:
- Acute Kidney Failure: 4 people, 100.00%
- Cholecystitis (infection of gallbladder): 4 people, 100.00%
- Pseudomonas Infection (pseudomonas infection is caused by a bacterium, pseudomonas aeruginosa): 4 people, 100.00%
- Pancytopenia (medical condition in which there is a reduction in the number of red and white blood cells, as well as platelets): 4 people, 100.00%
- Enterococcal Infection: 4 people, 100.00%
- Escherichia Infection (bacterial infection by escherichia coli): 4 people, 100.00%
- Hepatic Failure (liver failure): 4 people, 100.00%
- Hepatic Steatosis (fatty liver disease): 4 people, 100.00%
- Hepatitis C: 3 people, 75.00%
- Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body): 3 people, 75.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Bladder Cancer: 2 people, 50.00%
- Transitional Cell Carcinoma (cancer tumour inner most layer of urinary system): 1 person, 25.00%
- Malignant Urinary Tract Neoplasm (cancer tumour of urinary tract organs): 1 person, 25.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Cisplatin and have Zieve syndrome?Check whether Zieve syndrome is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Schlumbrecht MP, Hehr K, "Cisplatin-induced bradycardia and the importance of the QT interval", Journal of Oncology Pharmacy Practice, 2015 Jan .
How severe was Zieve syndrome and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of cisplatin:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Cisplatin:
- Cisplatin (79,855 reports)
Common Cisplatin side effects:
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 6,360 reports
- Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection): 6,160 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 6,088 reports
- Fever: 4,609 reports
- Diarrhea: 4,333 reports
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 4,240 reports
Browse all side effects of Cisplatin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Zieve syndrome treatments and more:
- Zieve syndrome (12 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Zieve syndrome:
- Zieve syndrome in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Zieve syndrome in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Zieve syndrome in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Zieve syndrome:
- Zieve syndrome (15 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Zieve syndrome:
- Zieve syndrome (6 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on cisplatin (the active ingredients of Cisplatin) and Cisplatin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Mektovi and Carbohydrate Antigen 19-9 Increased - a second ago
- Interstitial Lung Disease and Body Temperature Increased - 9 seconds ago
- Folic Acid and Vimpat drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Abnormal Loss Of Weight and moderna covid vaccine - 18 seconds ago
- Vanos and The Flu - 31 seconds ago
- Fluphenazine and Oxycontin drug interaction - 31 seconds ago
- Acular and Indigestion - 39 seconds ago
- Cefpodoxime Proxetil and Poikilocytosis - 57 seconds ago
- Spiriva and Pleural Neoplasm - a minute ago
- Ciprodex and Blood Amylase Increased - a minute ago