Citalopram hydrobromide and Dopamine dysregulation syndrome - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Dopamine dysregulation syndrome is reported only by a few people who take Citalopram Hydrobromide.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Citalopram hydrobromide and have Dopamine dysregulation syndrome. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 31,900 people who have side effects while taking Citalopram hydrobromide from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
31,900 people reported to have side effects when taking Citalopram hydrobromide.
Among them, 2 people (0.01%) have Dopamine dysregulation syndrome.
What is Citalopram hydrobromide?
Citalopram hydrobromide has active ingredients of citalopram hydrobromide. It is often used in depression. eHealthMe is studying from 35,906 Citalopram hydrobromide users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Dopamine dysregulation syndrome?
Dopamine dysregulation syndrome (complication of the dopaminergic treatment in parkinson's disease) is found to be associated with 147 drugs and 115 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Citalopram hydrobromide and Dopamine dysregulation syndrome reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Dopamine dysregulation syndrome when taking Citalopram hydrobromide *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Dopamine dysregulation syndrome when taking Citalopram hydrobromide *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 100 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Citalopram hydrobromide *:
- Stalevo 100: 1 person, 50.00%
- Sinemet: 1 person, 50.00%
- Pramipexole Dihydrochloride: 1 person, 50.00%
- Entacapone: 1 person, 50.00%
- Clozapine: 1 person, 50.00%
- Clonazepam: 1 person, 50.00%
- Carbidopa And Levodopa: 1 person, 50.00%
Common side effects people have besides Dopamine dysregulation syndrome *:
- Hypersexuality: 2 people, 100.00%
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body): 1 person, 50.00%
- Hoarseness Or Changing Voice: 1 person, 50.00%
- Aggression: 1 person, 50.00%
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 1 person, 50.00%
- Bradykinesia (decreased bodily movement. it is associated with basal ganglia diseases): 1 person, 50.00%
- Depressive Symptom: 1 person, 50.00%
- Drowsiness: 1 person, 50.00%
- Drug Dependence: 1 person, 50.00%
- Dyskinesia (abnormality or impairment of voluntary movement): 1 person, 50.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Parkinson's Disease: 2 people, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Citalopram hydrobromide and have Dopamine dysregulation syndrome?Check whether Dopamine dysregulation syndrome is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Hosseini, S. H., & Ahmadi, A., "Peripheral edema occurring during treatment with risperidone combined with citalopram", Case reports in medicine, 2012 Jan .
How severe was Dopamine dysregulation syndrome and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of citalopram hydrobromide:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Citalopram hydrobromide:
- Citalopram hydrobromide (35,906 reports)
Common Citalopram hydrobromide side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2,196 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 1,830 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 1,699 reports
- Pain: 1,619 reports
- Dizziness: 1,604 reports
Browse all side effects of Citalopram hydrobromide:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Dopamine dysregulation syndrome treatments and more:
- Dopamine dysregulation syndrome (434 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Dopamine dysregulation syndrome:
- Dopamine dysregulation syndrome in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Dopamine dysregulation syndrome in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Dopamine dysregulation syndrome in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Dopamine dysregulation syndrome:
- Dopamine dysregulation syndrome (147 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Dopamine dysregulation syndrome:
- Parkinson's disease: 362 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Dopamine dysregulation syndrome:
- Dopamine dysregulation syndrome (115 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on citalopram hydrobromide (the active ingredients of Citalopram hydrobromide) and Citalopram hydrobromide (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Vitamin B12 and Amlodipine Benzoate drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Isoptin and Sensation Of Block In Ear - 6 seconds ago
- Tobramycin And Dexamethasone and Robitussin drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Gliclazide and Hyperthyroidism Aggravated - 20 seconds ago
- Cephalexin and Reflux Gastritis - 23 seconds ago
- Lioresal and Nasal Congestion - 25 seconds ago
- Modafinil and Neurological Examination Abnormal - 26 seconds ago
- Requip Xl and Feeling Drunk - 30 seconds ago
- Opdivo and Oculomucocutaneous Syndrome - 30 seconds ago
- Transderm Scop and Dexlansoprazole drug interaction - 31 seconds ago