Citalopram hydrobromide and Zieve syndrome - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Zieve syndrome is reported only by a few people who take Citalopram Hydrobromide.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Citalopram hydrobromide and have Zieve syndrome. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 30,655 people who have side effects while taking Citalopram hydrobromide from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
30,655 people reported to have side effects when taking Citalopram hydrobromide.
Among them, 1 person (0.0%) has Zieve syndrome.
What is Citalopram hydrobromide?
Citalopram hydrobromide has active ingredients of citalopram hydrobromide. It is often used in depression. eHealthMe is studying from 34,629 Citalopram hydrobromide users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Zieve syndrome?
Zieve syndrome (the combination of alcoholic infection of liver ,destruction of blood cells jaundice) is found to be associated with 15 drugs and 6 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Citalopram hydrobromide and Zieve syndrome reports submitted per year:
Time on Citalopram hydrobromide when people have Zieve syndrome *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 100 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Zieve syndrome when taking Citalopram hydrobromide *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Zieve syndrome when taking Citalopram hydrobromide *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 100 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Citalopram hydrobromide *:
- Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol: 1 person, 100.00%
Common side effects people have besides Zieve syndrome *:
- Skin Odor Abnormal: 1 person, 100.00%
- Hyperbilirubinaemia (excess of bilirubin in the blood): 1 person, 100.00%
- Hepatitis (inflammation of the liver): 1 person, 100.00%
- Breath Odor: 1 person, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Citalopram hydrobromide and have Zieve syndrome?Check whether Zieve syndrome is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Hosseini, S. H., & Ahmadi, A., "Peripheral edema occurring during treatment with risperidone combined with citalopram", Case reports in medicine, 2012 Jan .
How severe was Zieve syndrome and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of citalopram hydrobromide:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Citalopram hydrobromide:
- Citalopram hydrobromide (34,629 reports)
Common Citalopram hydrobromide side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2,196 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 1,716 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 1,699 reports
- Pain: 1,619 reports
- Dizziness: 1,604 reports
- Depression: 1,466 reports
- Drug ineffective: 1,437 reports
Browse all side effects of Citalopram hydrobromide:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Zieve syndrome treatments and more:
- Zieve syndrome (12 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Zieve syndrome:
- Zieve syndrome in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Zieve syndrome in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Zieve syndrome in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Zieve syndrome:
- Zieve syndrome (15 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Zieve syndrome:
- Zieve syndrome (6 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on citalopram hydrobromide (the active ingredients of Citalopram hydrobromide) and Citalopram hydrobromide (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Talwin Compound and Exemestane drug interaction - a second ago
- Trazodone Hydrochloride and Breast Lump - a second ago
- Levoxyl and Interstitial Nephritis - 20 seconds ago
- Levoxyl and Nephritis - Interstitial - 20 seconds ago
- Indocin and Paranoia - 22 seconds ago
- Fosinopril Sodium and Reopro drug interaction - 22 seconds ago
- Tazidime and Subcutaneous Haematoma - 42 seconds ago
- Eczema Exacerbated and Acute Myeloid Leukaemia Aggravated - 46 seconds ago
- Hctz and Azopt drug interaction - 56 seconds ago
- Diamox and Obesity Hypoventilation Syndrome (Ohs) - a minute ago