Cladribine and Confusion - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Confusion is reported only by a few people who take Cladribine.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Cladribine and have Confusion. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,076 people who have side effects while taking Cladribine from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
2,076 people reported to have side effects when taking Cladribine.
Among them, 5 people (0.24%) have Confusion.
What is Cladribine?
Cladribine has active ingredients of cladribine. eHealthMe is studying from 2,083 Cladribine users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Confusion?
Confusion is found to be associated with 3,173 drugs and 2,753 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Cladribine and Confusion reports submitted per year:
Time on Cladribine when people have Confusion *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Confusion when taking Cladribine *:
- female: 60 %
- male: 40 %
Age of people who have Confusion when taking Cladribine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 33.33 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 33.33 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 33.33 %
Common drugs people take besides Cladribine *:
- Novantrone: 3 people, 60.00%
- Cytoxan: 2 people, 40.00%
- Cellcept: 2 people, 40.00%
- Avonex: 2 people, 40.00%
- Rituxan: 1 person, 20.00%
- Maxipime: 1 person, 20.00%
- Lasix: 1 person, 20.00%
- Gemcitabine: 1 person, 20.00%
- Cotrim: 1 person, 20.00%
- Blopress: 1 person, 20.00%
Common side effects people have besides Confusion *:
- Confusional State: 3 people, 60.00%
- Myelitis Transverse (a neurological condition consisting of an inflammatory process of the spinal cord): 2 people, 40.00%
- Fever: 2 people, 40.00%
- Faecal Incontinence (a lack of control over passing stool): 2 people, 40.00%
- Neurogenic Bladder (the normal function of the bladder is to store and empty urine in a coordinated, controlled fashion): 2 people, 40.00%
- Optic Atrophy (the loss of a proportion of optic disc nerve fibres): 2 people, 40.00%
- Optic Neuritis (optic nerve inflammation): 2 people, 40.00%
- Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy (rapidly progressive neuromuscular disease caused by opportunistic infection of brain cells): 2 people, 40.00%
- Liver Function Test Abnormal: 2 people, 40.00%
- Blindness Cortical: 2 people, 40.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 2 people, 40.00%
- Tuberculosis (a bacterial infection by mycobacterium tuberculosis): 1 person, 20.00%
- Renal Impairment (severely reduced kidney function): 1 person, 20.00%
- Mantle Cell Lymphoma (cancer of lymphocytes, a type of white blood cell): 1 person, 20.00%
- Infection Susceptibility Increased: 1 person, 20.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 20.00%
- Hairy Cell Leukaemia (a type of blood cancer): 1 person, 20.00%
- Fever: 1 person, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Cladribine and have Confusion?Check whether Confusion is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Confusion and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of cladribine:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Cladribine:
- Cladribine (2,083 reports)
Common Cladribine side effects:
- Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection): 182 reports
- Fever: 167 reports
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 138 reports
- Drug ineffective: 123 reports
Browse all side effects of Cladribine:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Confusion treatments and more:
- Confusion (61,170 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Confusion:
- Confusion in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Confusion in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Confusion in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Confusion:
- Aspirin: 1,969 reports
- Omeprazole: 1,898 reports
- Prednisone: 1,754 reports
- Furosemide: 1,722 reports
- Metformin: 1,466 reports
- Loraz: 1,454 reports
- Lorazepam: 1,454 reports
- Lasix: 1,397 reports
- Zoloft: 1,318 reports
- Lyrica: 1,311 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Confusion:
- Confusion (3,173 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Confusion:
- Depression: 2,673 reports
- High blood pressure: 2,260 reports
- Pain: 2,092 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 1,507 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 1,187 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Confusion:
- Confusion (2,753 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on cladribine (the active ingredients of Cladribine) and Cladribine (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Hydroxyurea and Stools - Watery - 10 seconds ago
- Hydroxyurea and Diarrhea - 11 seconds ago
- Ocupress and Betoptic drug interaction - 21 seconds ago
- Fatigue in Strattera, how severe and when it was recovered? - 33 seconds ago
- Zoloft and Pepcid drug interaction - 33 seconds ago
- Duloxetine Hydrochloride and Strattera drug interaction - 36 seconds ago
- Fish Oil and Hallucinations - 37 seconds ago
- Tylenol and Phenergan drug interaction - 44 seconds ago
- Magnesium Hydroxide and Metoprolol Succinate drug interaction - 45 seconds ago
- Nicorette and Joint Crepitation - 55 seconds ago