Cladribine and Spleen enlargement - from FDA reports
Spleen enlargement is found among people who take Cladribine, especially for people who are female, 2-9 old also take medication Cytarabine, and have Burkitt lymphoma. This review analyzes which people have Spleen enlargement with Cladribine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,058 people who have side effects when taking Cladribine from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jan, 19, 2018
1,058 people reported to have side effects when taking Cladribine.
Among them, 7 people (0.66%) have Spleen enlargement
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Spleen enlargement when taking Cladribine *:
- female: 83.33 %
- male: 16.67 %
Age of people who have Spleen enlargement when taking Cladribine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 50.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 33.33 %
- 60+: 16.67 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome (1 person, 14.29%)
- Malignant Histiocytosis (1 person, 14.29%)
- Langerhans' Cell Granulomatosis (1 person, 14.29%)
- Hairy Cell Leukaemia (1 person, 14.29%)
- Burkitt Lymphoma (1 person, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vinblastine Sulfate (3 people, 42.86%)
- Methotrexate (3 people, 42.86%)
- Mercaptopurine (3 people, 42.86%)
- Etoposide (3 people, 42.86%)
- Cytarabine (3 people, 42.86%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fever (4 people, 57.14%)
- Thrombocytopenia (3 people, 42.86%)
- Lymph Follicular Hypertrophy (3 people, 42.86%)
- Interstitial Lung Disease (3 people, 42.86%)
- Anaphylaxis (3 people, 42.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Spleen enlargement when taking Cladribine?
- Check symptoms - is spleen enlargement caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsSpleen enlargement and drugs with ingredients of cladribine.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeSpleen enlargement and Cladribine from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Cladribine has active ingredients of cladribine. (latest outcomes from Cladribine 1,062 users)
Spleen enlargement has been reported by people with primary myelofibrosis, rheumatoid arthritis, chronic myeloid leukaemia, hiv infection, high blood pressure (latest reports from 9,022 Spleen enlargement patients).
Browse all side effects of Cladribinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Spleen enlargementSpleen enlargement
Could your condition cause Spleen enlargementSpleen enlargement
What would happen?
User posts to the study
I fit all of the criteria (gender, age, hypothyroidism (post-Hashimoto's/Papillary thyroid cancer), take Levothyroxine, and have hypertension), and have been going through Hell trying to find out why I have an enlarged spleen. I just saw a Hematologist today, who has ruled out any blood-related ...