Who have Thrombocytopenia with Cladribine - from FDA reports
Thrombocytopenia is found among people who take Cladribine, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Cyclophosphamide, and have Acute myeloid leukaemia. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,222 people who have side effects when taking Cladribine from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
1,222 people reported to have side effects when taking Cladribine.
Among them, 102 people (8.35%) have Thrombocytopenia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Cladribine when people have Thrombocytopenia *:
- < 1 month: 72.73 %
- 1 - 6 months: 18.18 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 9.09 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Thrombocytopenia when taking Cladribine *:
- female: 38.82 %
- male: 61.18 %
Age of people who have Thrombocytopenia when taking Cladribine *:
- 0-1: 2.41 %
- 2-9: 2.41 %
- 10-19: 4.82 %
- 20-29: 13.25 %
- 30-39: 7.23 %
- 40-49: 15.66 %
- 50-59: 12.05 %
- 60+: 42.17 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Acute Myeloid Leukaemia (acute cancer in which the bone marrow makes abnormal myeloblasts): 19 people, 18.63%
- Mantle Cell Lymphoma (cancer of lymphocytes, a type of white blood cell): 13 people, 12.75%
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia (cancer in which the bone marrow makes too many lymphocytes (a type of white blood cell)): 9 people, 8.82%
- Hairy Cell Leukaemia (a type of blood cancer): 9 people, 8.82%
- Immunodeficiency Disorders: 9 people, 8.82%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Cyclophosphamide: 12 people, 11.76%
- Prednisolone: 10 people, 9.80%
- Zevalin: 8 people, 7.84%
- Mitoxantrone: 8 people, 7.84%
- Cytarabine: 7 people, 6.86%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection): 36 people, 35.29%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 32 people, 31.37%
- Fever: 22 people, 21.57%
- Leukopenia (less number of white blood cells in blood): 18 people, 17.65%
- White Blood Cell Count Decreased: 13 people, 12.75%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Thrombocytopenia while taking Cladribine?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Thrombocytopenia
- Subscribe to monitor Thrombocytopenia in Cladribine
You are not alone:
Cladribine has active ingredients of cladribine. (latest outcomes from Cladribine 1,226 users)
Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, high blood pressure, hepatitis c, preventive health care, pain (latest reports from 164,595 Thrombocytopenia patients).
Drugs that are associated with ThrombocytopeniaThrombocytopenia (3,325 drugs)
Could your condition cause ThrombocytopeniaThrombocytopenia (3,706 conditions)
Cladribine side effects
- Cladribine side effects (1,223 reports)
Browse all side effects of Cladribinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Rasmy A, Rahal M, Kisana M, Ahmad S, Salah A, "Morphine induced thrombocytopenia: A case report", Journal of Case Reports and Images in Oncology, 2015 Dec .
- Onder H, Arsava EM, Arat A, Topcuoglu MA, "Acute middle cerebral artery occlusion treated by thrombectomy in a patient with myelodysplastic syndrome and severe thrombocytopenia", Journal of vascular and interventional neurology, 2015 Jan .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Suicide Attempt with Bumetanide? - a second ago
- Will you have Livedo Reticularis with Bentyl? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Idiopathic Or Primary Livedo Reticularis with Bentyl? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Joint Dislocation with Elavil? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Acoustic Trauma with Paxil? - 3 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- Drug comparison of Modafinil, Trintellix for a 30 year old man - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 27 year old man who takes Gabapentin - 3 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Keppra, Gabapentin for a 90 year old woman - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 49 year old man who takes Zocor, Hydrochlorothiazide, Lisinopril - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 50 year old woman who takes Humira - 5 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.