Clarinex and Csf leak - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Csf leak is reported only by a few people who take Clarinex.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Clarinex and have Csf leak. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 6,123 people who have side effects while taking Clarinex from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
6,123 people reported to have side effects when taking Clarinex.
Among them, 5 people (0.08%) have Csf leak.
What is Clarinex?
Clarinex has active ingredients of desloratadine. It is often used in allergies. eHealthMe is studying from 6,316 Clarinex users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Csf leak?
Csf leak is found to be associated with 428 drugs and 309 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Clarinex and Csf leak reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Csf leak when taking Clarinex *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Csf leak when taking Clarinex *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 100 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Clarinex *:
- Montelukast Sodium: 5 people, 100.00%
- Hyzaar: 5 people, 100.00%
- Gabapentin: 5 people, 100.00%
- Chantix: 5 people, 100.00%
- Albuterol: 4 people, 80.00%
- Promethazine: 2 people, 40.00%
Common side effects people have besides Csf leak *:
- Weight Increased: 5 people, 100.00%
- Weakness: 5 people, 100.00%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 5 people, 100.00%
- Impaired Work Ability: 5 people, 100.00%
- Hypertonic Bladder (bladder-storage function that causes a sudden urge to urinate): 5 people, 100.00%
- Hepatic Steatosis (fatty liver disease): 5 people, 100.00%
- Head Injury: 5 people, 100.00%
- General Physical Health Deterioration (weak health status): 5 people, 100.00%
- Fever: 5 people, 100.00%
- Eyelid Function Disorder: 5 people, 100.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body): 5 people, 100.00%
- Hypersensitivity: 5 people, 100.00%
- Quit Smoking: 2 people, 40.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Clarinex and have Csf leak?Check whether Csf leak is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Csf leak and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of desloratadine:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Clarinex:
- Clarinex (6,316 reports)
Common Clarinex side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 528 reports
- Pain: 474 reports
- Dizziness: 429 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 428 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 423 reports
- Drug ineffective: 416 reports
Browse all side effects of Clarinex:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Csf leak treatments and more:
- Csf leak (940 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Csf leak:
- Csf leak in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Csf leak in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Csf leak in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Csf leak:
- Lioresal: 242 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Csf leak:
- Csf leak (428 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Csf leak:
- Csf leak (309 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on desloratadine (the active ingredients of Clarinex) and Clarinex (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Cetirizine Hydrochloride and Metformin drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Cough and Joint Swelling - 8 seconds ago
- Valtrex and Lipoatrophy - 10 seconds ago
- Ketoconazole and Sitagliptin drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Guaifenesin and Cyst - 12 seconds ago
- Amantadine Hydrochloride and Epipen drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Climara and Migraine With Aura - 16 seconds ago
- Cilostazol and Senna Alexandrina drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Ciclopirox and Abraxane drug interaction - 17 seconds ago
- Crestor and Arachnoiditis - 19 seconds ago