Clarithromycin and International normalised ratio abnormal - from FDA reports
International normalised ratio abnormal is found among people who take Clarithromycin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Warfarin Sodium, and have Asthma. This review analyzes which people have International normalised ratio abnormal with Clarithromycin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 19,656 people who have side effects when taking Clarithromycin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 20, 2017
19,656 people reported to have side effects when taking Clarithromycin.
Among them, 12 people (0.06%) have International normalised ratio abnormal
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Clarithromycin when people have International normalised ratio abnormal *:
- < 1 month: 80 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 20 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have International normalised ratio abnormal when taking Clarithromycin *:
- female: 33.33 %
- male: 66.67 %
Age of people who have International normalised ratio abnormal when taking Clarithromycin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 8.33 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 91.67 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Asthma (4 people, 33.33%)
- Deep Venous Thrombosis (3 people, 25.00%)
- Stroke (2 people, 16.67%)
- Heart Valve Surgery (1 person, 8.33%)
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration (1 person, 8.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Warfarin Sodium (5 people, 41.67%)
- Diazepam (4 people, 33.33%)
- Risedronate Sodium (3 people, 25.00%)
- Levothyroxine Sodium (3 people, 25.00%)
- Coumadin (3 people, 25.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Memory Loss (2 people, 16.67%)
- Headache (2 people, 16.67%)
- Fainting (2 people, 16.67%)
- Breathing Difficulty (2 people, 16.67%)
- Acute Kidney Failure (2 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have International normalised ratio abnormal when taking Clarithromycin?
- Check symptoms - is international normalised ratio abnormal caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsInternational normalised ratio abnormal and drugs with ingredients of clarithromycin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeInternational normalised ratio abnormal and Clarithromycin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Clarithromycin has active ingredients of clarithromycin. It is often used in sinusitis. (latest outcomes from Clarithromycin 20,584 users)
International normalised ratio abnormal
International normalised ratio abnormal has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, deep venous thrombosis, thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, stroke (latest reports from 2,515 International normalised ratio abnormal patients).
Browse all side effects of Clarithromycina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with International normalised ratio abnormalInternational normalised ratio abnormal
Could your condition cause International normalised ratio abnormalInternational normalised ratio abnormal
- Asthma and International normalised ratio abnormal
- Deep venous thrombosis and International normalised ratio abnormal
- Stroke and International normalised ratio abnormal
- Heart valve surgery and International normalised ratio abnormal
- Age-related macular degeneration and International normalised ratio abnormal
What would happen?
Questions to the study
My 7 year old might have tularemia, we are waiting for results, they should be in tomorrow. He has been started on oral clarithromycin for over 80h now but now changes. Did anyone have to start treatment with an iv or did everybody start oral. How long is the treatment?
I suffer from tolerable tinnitus, on the second day of Clarithromycin the tinnitus got much worse. I'm taking the drug for H pyloris. Has anyone had this experience and if so, will the tinnitus go back to its usual sound after I stop? Going crazy
User reviews to the study
i have been taking clarithromycin for a few days i was ok taking for 2 days but on the 3 day i just came over all dizzy and faint and was very short of breath.so i have stopped taking them and will be ring my doctor. As anyone else every had this trouble while taking these.
I am 45 and recently had sickness/diarrhoea followed by a common Cold which progressed into a chest infection runny nose cough feeling dizzy lost about a stone in weight..the doctor give me 500mg Clarithromycin to be taken every 12 hours. I am on my 8th tablet and don't feel as bad but still ...
I have suffered from anxiety for 2 + years now and take lexipro daily for it. It all started on the beginning of my 3 day taking Clarithromycin. Never had anxiety before and ended up in the ER 3 times that week. The lexipro works but I can't seem to get off it now as the anxiety returns. The ...
I'm on day 4 of my 5 day course of Clarithromycin at 500mg twice a day. I have suddenly found the lower right side of my neck swelling out though it is not my actual throat but whatever lays beneath the skin. It is directly next to my thyroid gland on the right and near the beginning of my ...