Clarithromycin and Myalgia - from FDA reports
Myalgia is found among people who take Clarithromycin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Simvastatin, and have Lower respiratory tract infection. This review analyzes which people have Myalgia with Clarithromycin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 19,656 people who have side effects when taking Clarithromycin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 22, 2017
19,656 people reported to have side effects when taking Clarithromycin.
Among them, 393 people (2.0%) have Myalgia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Clarithromycin when people have Myalgia *:
- < 1 month: 89.47 %
- 1 - 6 months: 9.65 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.88 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Myalgia when taking Clarithromycin *:
- female: 52.27 %
- male: 47.73 %
Age of people who have Myalgia when taking Clarithromycin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 1.47 %
- 10-19: 0.29 %
- 20-29: 5.87 %
- 30-39: 8.21 %
- 40-49: 11.73 %
- 50-59: 21.7 %
- 60+: 50.73 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Lower Respiratory Tract Infection (71 people, 18.07%)
- Osteoporosis (30 people, 7.63%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (30 people, 7.63%)
- Myocardial Ischaemia (25 people, 6.36%)
- Respiratory Tract Infection (19 people, 4.83%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Simvastatin (101 people, 25.70%)
- Aspirin (58 people, 14.76%)
- Omeprazole (49 people, 12.47%)
- Zocor (44 people, 11.20%)
- Erythromycin (39 people, 9.92%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Blood Creatine Phosphokinase Increased (118 people, 30.03%)
- Weakness (116 people, 29.52%)
- Rhabdomyolysis (70 people, 17.81%)
- Alanine Aminotransferase Increased (65 people, 16.54%)
- Fatigue (62 people, 15.78%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Myalgia when taking Clarithromycin?
- Check symptoms - is myalgia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsMyalgia and drugs with ingredients of clarithromycin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMyalgia and Clarithromycin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Clarithromycin has active ingredients of clarithromycin. It is often used in sinusitis. (latest outcomes from Clarithromycin 20,584 users)
Myalgia (muscle pain) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure (latest reports from 117,260 Myalgia patients).
Browse all side effects of Clarithromycina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with MyalgiaMyalgia
Could your condition cause MyalgiaMyalgia
What would happen?
Questions to the study
When I walk my dog my thighs get burning and icy stabbing pain beginning between one and four miles. This hasn't improved in six months of walking five miles each morning and one to two miles in the evening. is this from Pradaxa and what can I do about it?
I am a 71 year old female, I have been taking a statin for over 5 years and started taking biotin about a year ago. I have severe pain in my right thigh for over 3 months now. My doctor took me off the statin a week ago, pain hasn't gotten any better. I am still taking biotin. I will stop ...
User reviews to the study
I was started on Xarelto 4 weeks ago and in the last two weeks I have noticed increase muscle pain! This is concerning because I already have fibromyalgia and I don't need something else to make me hurt even more!! For those of you that have been on it longer, did the muscle aches begin to ...
i have been taking clarithromycin for a few days i was ok taking for 2 days but on the 3 day i just came over all dizzy and faint and was very short of breath.so i have stopped taking them and will be ring my doctor. As anyone else every had this trouble while taking these.