Clarithromycin and Nausea and vomiting - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Nausea and vomiting is found among people who take Clarithromycin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Clarithromycin and have Nausea and vomiting. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 38,353 people who have side effects when taking Clarithromycin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
38,353 people reported to have side effects when taking Clarithromycin.
Among them, 1,779 people (4.64%) have Nausea and vomiting.
What is Clarithromycin?
Clarithromycin has active ingredients of clarithromycin. It is often used in sinusitis. eHealthMe is studying from 39,353 Clarithromycin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Nausea and vomiting?
Nausea and vomiting is found to be associated with 4,806 drugs and 5,503 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Clarithromycin and Nausea and vomiting reports submitted per year:
Time on Clarithromycin when people have Nausea and vomiting *:
Gender of people who have Nausea and vomiting when taking Clarithromycin*:
Age of people who have Nausea and vomiting when taking Clarithromycin *:
Common drugs people take besides Clarithromycin *:
Common side effects people have besides Nausea and vomiting *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Clarithromycin and have Nausea and vomiting?Check whether Nausea and vomiting is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Nausea and vomiting and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of clarithromycin:
- Nausea and vomiting and drugs with ingredients of clarithromycin (2,680 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Clarithromycin:
- Clarithromycin (39,353 reports)
Common Clarithromycin side effects:
- Diarrhea: 2,295 reports
- Fever: 2,243 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 2,220 reports
- Rashes (redness): 2,168 reports
- Drug ineffective: 2,036 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 1,893 reports
- Pneumonia: 1,825 reports
Browse all side effects of Clarithromycin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Nausea and vomiting treatments and more:
- Nausea and vomiting (460,767 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Nausea and vomiting:
- Nausea and vomiting in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Nausea and vomiting in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Nausea and vomiting in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Nausea and vomiting:
- Prednisone: 21,089 reports
- Methotrexate: 18,156 reports
- Metformin: 17,857 reports
- Aspirin: 17,199 reports
- Humira: 15,798 reports
- Omeprazole: 14,792 reports
- Lisinopril: 10,667 reports
- Ibuprofen: 10,601 reports
- Pantoprazole: 10,552 reports
- Enbrel: 10,295 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Nausea and vomiting:
- Nausea and vomiting (4,806 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Nausea and vomiting:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 19,306 reports
- High blood pressure: 17,832 reports
- Pain: 17,500 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 16,606 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Nausea and vomiting:
- Nausea and vomiting (5,503 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on clarithromycin (the active ingredients of Clarithromycin) and Clarithromycin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Losartan and Bisoprolol Fumarate drug interaction - now
- Nabumetone vs. Mobic - 11 seconds ago
- Zyrtec and Eosinophil Count Decreased - 23 seconds ago
- Tumor Lysis Syndrome and drugs of ingredients of alpha hydroxy acids - 28 seconds ago
- Tramadol and Rectal Bleeding - 29 seconds ago
- Celebrex and Tylenol W/ Codeine drug interaction - 30 seconds ago
- Lys and Carbidopa And Levodopa drug interaction - 30 seconds ago
- Rocephin and Hair Loss - 45 seconds ago
- Morphine Sulfate and Pantoprazole Sodium drug interaction - 47 seconds ago
- Pulmonary Hypertension and drugs of ingredients of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate - 48 seconds ago