Claritin-d and Abdominal discomfort - from FDA reports
Abdominal discomfort is found among people who take Claritin-d, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lipitor, and have Hypersensitivity. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 5,239 people who have side effects when taking Claritin-d from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
5,239 people reported to have side effects when taking Claritin-d.
Among them, 43 people (0.82%) have Abdominal discomfort
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Claritin-d when people have Abdominal discomfort *:
- < 1 month: 80 %
- 1 - 6 months: 20 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Abdominal discomfort when taking Claritin-d *:
- female: 80.95 %
- male: 19.05 %
Age of people who have Abdominal discomfort when taking Claritin-d *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hypersensitivity: 9 people, 20.93%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 3 people, 6.98%
- Seasonal Allergy (allergic condition due to certain season): 3 people, 6.98%
- Nasal Congestion (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels): 2 people, 4.65%
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop): 2 people, 4.65%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lipitor: 4 people, 9.30%
- Fosamax: 3 people, 6.98%
- Vitamin B12: 3 people, 6.98%
- Protonix: 3 people, 6.98%
- Otezla: 2 people, 4.65%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Dizziness: 9 people, 20.93%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 6 people, 13.95%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 5 people, 11.63%
- Headache (pain in head): 5 people, 11.63%
- Drug Ineffective: 5 people, 11.63%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Abdominal discomfort while taking Claritin-d?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Abdominal discomfort
- Subscribe to monitor Abdominal discomfort in Claritin-d
You are not alone:
Claritin-d has active ingredients of loratadine; pseudoephedrine sulfate. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Claritin-d 5,995 users)
Abdominal discomfort has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, pain (latest reports from 86,712 Abdominal discomfort patients).
Drugs that are associated with Abdominal discomfortAbdominal discomfort (2,672 drugs)
Could your condition cause Abdominal discomfortAbdominal discomfort (2,214 conditions)
Claritin-d side effects
- Claritin-d side effects (5,239 reports)
Browse all side effects of Claritin-da b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Cannot Sleep with Etopophos Preservative Free? - now
- Will you have Agrypnia with Etopophos Preservative Free? - now
- Will you have Insomnia Concerns with Etopophos Preservative Free? - now
- Will you have Nail Avulsion with Alendronic Acid? - now
- Will you have Urinary Retention with Acth? - now
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 23 year old man who takes Onfi, Diazepam, Pentobarbital Sodium, Valproate Sodium, Lamotrigine, Colistimethate, Levetiracetam - 40 minutes ago
- A study for a 33 year old man who takes Cymbalta, Lamictal, Wellbutrin Xl, Gabapentin - an hour ago
- Drug comparison of Methylphenidate Hydrochloride, Penicillin for a 20 year old woman - an hour ago
- A study for a 34 year old woman who takes Protonix, Singulair, Zyrtec, Provigil, Buspar, Imitrex - an hour ago
- A study for a 36 year old woman who takes Amlodipine, Metoprolol Tartrate, Vitamin D3, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Loratadine - 3 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.