Claritin-d and Abdominal discomfort - from FDA reports
Abdominal discomfort is found among people who take Claritin-d, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Fosamax, and have Hypersensitivity. This review analyzes which people have Abdominal discomfort with Claritin-d. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,743 people who have side effects when taking Claritin-d from FDA , and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
4,743 people reported to have side effects when taking Claritin-d.
Among them, 39 people (0.82%) have Abdominal discomfort
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Claritin-d when people have Abdominal discomfort *:
- < 1 month: 66.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 33.33 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Abdominal discomfort when taking Claritin-d *:
- female: 81.58 %
- male: 18.42 %
Age of people who have Abdominal discomfort when taking Claritin-d *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 12.5 %
- 30-39: 20.83 %
- 40-49: 20.83 %
- 50-59: 8.33 %
- 60+: 37.5 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hypersensitivity: 7 people, 17.95%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 3 people, 7.69%
- Nasal Congestion (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels): 2 people, 5.13%
- Depression: 2 people, 5.13%
- Asthma: 2 people, 5.13%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vitamin B12: 3 people, 7.69%
- Protonix: 3 people, 7.69%
- Lipitor: 3 people, 7.69%
- Fosamax: 3 people, 7.69%
- Niaspan: 2 people, 5.13%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Dizziness: 9 people, 23.08%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 5 people, 12.82%
- Headache (pain in head): 5 people, 12.82%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 4 people, 10.26%
- Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation): 4 people, 10.26%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you take Claritin-d and have Abdominal discomfort?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Abdominal discomfort
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Share you experience to help people like you
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Hcg (pregnancy) qualitative, serum (human chorionic gonadotropin) females only ($53.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
Claritin-d has active ingredients of loratadine; pseudoephedrine sulfate. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Claritin-d 5,498 users)
Abdominal discomfort has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 69,218 Abdominal discomfort patients).
Drugs that are associated with Abdominal discomfortAbdominal discomfort (2,614 drugs)
Could your condition cause Abdominal discomfortAbdominal discomfort (2,201 conditions)
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAbdominal discomfort and drugs with ingredients of loratadine; pseudoephedrine sulfate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAbdominal discomfort and Claritin-d from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Claritin-d side effects
- Claritin-d side effects (4,743 reports)
Browse all side effects of Claritin-da b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Claritin-D and have Abdominal Discomfort
- Support group for people who have Abdominal Discomfort
- Support group for people who take Claritin-D
You may be interested in these posts
- Does anyone feel that Claritin D doesn't work as well (or at all) when using Chantix? I've been using Claritin D for many years and just started Chantix 8 days ago.
- Hi my name is Marilouise and I am 53yrs young! I take warfarin for a genetic mutation called Factor V Leiden. I have been taking warfarin for over 8yrs.i have had many issues with it! at the moment I have had a very bad tooth ache since 22nd of Dec 2015, finding it hard to get a dentist to pull...
- My ringing in my ears has gotten worse. I have also been having severe ear pain. I have gone to several ENTs. I get no answers. I believe my bystolic blood pressure medicine may be the problem. Has anyone experienced this?
- Candesartan Cilexetil and Ocimum Frutescens drug interaction
- Trazodone Hydrochloride and Ocuclear drug interaction
- Will you have Mental Disorder with Remicade?
- Will you have Chest Pressure Sensation with Tylenol?
- Will you have Keratomalacia with Triderm?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Candesartan Cilexetil and Ocimum Frutescens
- Support group for people who take Trazodone Hydrochloride and Ocuclear
- Support group for people who take Remicade and have Mental Disorder?
- Support group for people who take Tylenol and have Chest Pressure Sensation?
- Support group for people who take Triderm and have Keratomalacia?
- What to expect when you take Candesartan Cilexetil and Ocimum Frutescens
- What to expect when you take Trazodone Hydrochloride and Ocuclear
- What to expect when you take Remicade and have Mental Disorder?
- What to expect when you take Tylenol and have Chest Pressure Sensation?
- What to expect when you take Triderm and have Keratomalacia?
- A study for a 31 year old woman who takes Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Ibuprofen Sodium
- A study for a 57 year old woman who takes Gabapentin
- Drug comparison of Levaquin, Zicam, Digoxin for a 60 year old woman
- A study for a 48 year old woman who takes Calcium
- A study for a 29 year old woman who takes Benadryl, Sjw, Lisinopril
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.