Claritin and Cardiopulmonary failure - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Cardiopulmonary failure is found among people who take Claritin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Claritin and have Cardiopulmonary failure. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 64,767 people who have side effects when taking Claritin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe enables everyone to run phase IV clinical trial to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor effectiveness. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Most recently, phase IV clinial trails for COVID 19 vaccines have been added, check here.
64,767 people reported to have side effects when taking Claritin.
Among them, 8 people (0.01%) have Cardiopulmonary failure.
What is Claritin?
Claritin has active ingredients of loratadine. It is often used in allergies. eHealthMe is studying from 67,297 Claritin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Cardiopulmonary failure?
Cardiopulmonary failure (cessation of normal circulation of the blood due to failure of the heart to contract) is found to be associated with 921 drugs and 563 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Claritin and Cardiopulmonary failure reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Cardiopulmonary failure when taking Claritin *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Cardiopulmonary failure when taking Claritin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 28.57 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 71.43 %
Common drugs people take besides Claritin *:
- Zyrtec: 3 people, 37.50%
- Hydroxyurea: 3 people, 37.50%
- Hydrochlorothiazide: 3 people, 37.50%
- Triamcinolone: 3 people, 37.50%
- Tenormin: 3 people, 37.50%
- Sprycel: 3 people, 37.50%
- Itraconazole: 3 people, 37.50%
- Effexor: 2 people, 25.00%
- Fosamax: 2 people, 25.00%
- Femhrt: 2 people, 25.00%
Common side effects people have besides Cardiopulmonary failure *:
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 5 people, 62.50%
- Erysipelas (bacterial skin infection): 3 people, 37.50%
- Atrioventricular Block First Degree (heart block first degree): 3 people, 37.50%
- Atrioventricular Block Second Degree (heart block second degree): 3 people, 37.50%
- High Blood Pressure: 3 people, 37.50%
- Generalised Oedema (swelling all over the body): 3 people, 37.50%
- Rashes (redness): 3 people, 37.50%
- Fallopian Tube Cancer Metastatic (cancer of fallopian tube spreads to other organ): 2 people, 25.00%
- Aneurysm (enlargement of an artery caused by a weakening of the artery wall): 2 people, 25.00%
- Ards (Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome) (sudden failure of the respiratory (breathing) system): 2 people, 25.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Chronic Myeloid Leukaemia (long lasting type of cancer that starts in the blood-forming cells of the bone marrow and invades the blood): 3 people, 37.50%
- Sleep Disorder: 2 people, 25.00%
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 2 people, 25.00%
- Colon Cancer Stage Iv: 1 person, 12.50%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Claritin and have Cardiopulmonary failure?Check whether Cardiopulmonary failure is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Claritin:
- Claritin (67,297 reports)
Cardiopulmonary failure treatments and more:
- Cardiopulmonary failure (4,225 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Cardiopulmonary failure:
- Cardiopulmonary failure in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Cardiopulmonary failure in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Cardiopulmonary failure in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
How severe was Cardiopulmonary failure and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of loratadine:
Common drugs associated with Cardiopulmonary failure:
- Aspirin: 146 reports
- Avandia: 123 reports
- Furosemide: 161 reports
- Metformin: 155 reports
- Methotrexate: 151 reports
- Morphine: 106 reports
- Omeprazole: 135 reports
- Prednisone: 154 reports
- Simvastatin: 103 reports
- Sutent: 171 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Cardiopulmonary failure:
- Cardiopulmonary failure (921 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Cardiopulmonary failure:
- Arthritis - rheumatoid: 133 reports
- Diabetes: 144 reports
- Diabetes mellitus: 144 reports
- High blood pressure: 183 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 136 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Cardiopulmonary failure:
- Cardiopulmonary failure (563 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on loratadine (the active ingredients of Claritin) and Claritin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.