Claritin and Weight decreased - from FDA reports
Weight decreased is found among people who take Claritin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 10+ years, also take medication Prilosec, and have Pain. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 50,344 people who have side effects when taking Claritin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
50,344 people reported to have side effects when taking Claritin.
Among them, 1,043 people (2.07%) have Weight decreased
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Claritin when people have Weight decreased *:
- < 1 month: 23.53 %
- 1 - 6 months: 5.88 %
- 6 - 12 months: 17.65 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 17.65 %
- 5 - 10 years: 5.88 %
- 10+ years: 29.41 %
Gender of people who have Weight decreased when taking Claritin *:
- female: 62.87 %
- male: 37.13 %
Age of people who have Weight decreased when taking Claritin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 2.4 %
- 10-19: 5.27 %
- 20-29: 3.95 %
- 30-39: 8.98 %
- 40-49: 12.93 %
- 50-59: 20.12 %
- 60+: 46.35 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain: 99 people, 9.49%
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 90 people, 8.63%
- Hypersensitivity: 69 people, 6.62%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 59 people, 5.66%
- High Blood Pressure: 57 people, 5.47%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Prilosec: 138 people, 13.23%
- Flonase: 137 people, 13.14%
- Synthroid: 117 people, 11.22%
- Ambien: 115 people, 11.03%
- Lasix: 110 people, 10.55%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 282 people, 27.04%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 279 people, 26.75%
- Weakness: 237 people, 22.72%
- Diarrhea: 222 people, 21.28%
- Stress And Anxiety: 218 people, 20.90%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Weight decreased while taking Claritin?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Weight decreased
- Subscribe to monitor Weight decreased in Claritin
You are not alone:
Claritin has active ingredients of loratadine. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Claritin 52,562 users)
Weight decreased has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, pain (latest reports from 192,761 Weight decreased patients).
Drugs that are associated with Weight decreasedWeight decreased (3,666 drugs)
Could your condition cause Weight decreasedWeight decreased (4,070 conditions)
Claritin side effects
- Claritin side effects (50,350 reports)
Browse all side effects of Claritina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Gallbladder Abscess with Mycophenolate Mofetil? - a second ago
- Will you have Lipase Abnormal with Fioricet? - a second ago
- Travatan and Visionblue drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Thyroid Function Test Abnormal with Starlix? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Thyroide with Starlix? - 4 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 45 year old man who takes Fenofibrate - 51 minutes ago
- A study for a 40 year old woman who takes Lansoprazole, Lamictal, Carbamazepine - an hour ago
- A study for a 33 year old woman who takes Zoloft, Velivet - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 42 year old woman who takes Xarelto, Sumatriptan - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 54 year old woman who takes Norco - 7 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.