Clindamycin hydrochloride and Weight loss - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 3,147 people who have side effects when taking Clindamycin hydrochloride. Weight loss is found, especially among people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take Zoloft and have Narcolepsy.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Clindamycin hydrochloride and have Weight loss. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
3,147 people reported to have side effects when taking Clindamycin hydrochloride.
Among them, 8 people (0.25%) have Weight loss.
What is Clindamycin hydrochloride?
Clindamycin hydrochloride has active ingredients of clindamycin hydrochloride. It is used in infection. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 3,714 Clindamycin hydrochloride users.
What is Weight loss?
Weight loss is found to be associated with 2,731 drugs and 2,224 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 55,759 people who have Weight loss.
Number of Clindamycin hydrochloride and Weight loss reports submitted per year:
Time on Clindamycin hydrochloride when people have Weight loss *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 100 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Weight loss when taking Clindamycin hydrochloride *:
- female: 75 %
- male: 25 %
Age of people who have Weight loss when taking Clindamycin hydrochloride *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 14.29 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 28.57 %
- 50-59: 42.86 %
- 60+: 14.29 %
Common drugs people take besides Clindamycin hydrochloride *:
- Zoloft: 5 people, 62.50%
- Aspirin: 4 people, 50.00%
- Vitamin D2: 4 people, 50.00%
- Xyrem: 3 people, 37.50%
- Modafinil: 3 people, 37.50%
- Dexilant: 3 people, 37.50%
- Potassium Chloride: 3 people, 37.50%
- Buspirone Hcl: 3 people, 37.50%
- Proair Hfa: 3 people, 37.50%
- Clonazepam: 2 people, 25.00%
Common side effects people have besides Weight loss *:
- Coronary Heart Disease (narrowing or blockage of the coronary arteries): 3 people, 37.50%
- High Blood Pressure: 3 people, 37.50%
- Breathing Difficulty: 3 people, 37.50%
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe): 2 people, 25.00%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 2 people, 25.00%
- Nosebleed (bleeding from nose): 2 people, 25.00%
- Atrioventricular Block Complete (heart block complete): 2 people, 25.00%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2 people, 25.00%
- Mitral Valve Stenosis (narrowing of mitral valve): 2 people, 25.00%
- Mitral Valve Incompetence (inefficient heart valve): 2 people, 25.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 3 people, 37.50%
- Restless Leg Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs): 2 people, 25.00%
- Cataplexy (loss of muscle tone accompanied by full conscious awareness): 2 people, 25.00%
- Rashes (redness): 1 person, 12.50%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 12.50%
- Hepatic Cirrhosis (chronic liver disease characterized by replacement of liver tissue by fibrosis, scar tissue): 1 person, 12.50%
- Drowsiness: 1 person, 12.50%
- Cardiac Disorder: 1 person, 12.50%
- Blood Uric Acid Increased: 1 person, 12.50%
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (All) (cancer of the white blood cells characterized by excess lymphoblasts): 1 person, 12.50%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Clindamycin hydrochloride and have Weight loss?Check whether Weight loss is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Clindamycin hydrochloride side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Clindamycin hydrochloride side effects (3,714 reports)
Weight loss treatments and more:
- Weight loss (55,759 reports)
Common drugs associated with Weight loss:
All the drugs that are associated with Weight loss:
- Weight loss (2,731 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Weight loss:
All the conditions that are associated with Weight loss:
- Weight loss (2,224 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on clindamycin hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Clindamycin hydrochloride) and Clindamycin hydrochloride (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Flovent Hfa and Ulcerative Colitis - 3 seconds ago
- Metronidazole and Nasal Polyps - 4 seconds ago
- Jublia and Tylenol drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Rilpivirine and Anxiety Aggravated - 9 seconds ago
- Rubraca and Erythema Of Eyelid - 13 seconds ago
- Anaprox and Buscopan drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Ziprasidone Hydrochloride and High Blood Pressure - 17 seconds ago
- Patanol and Diclofenac Potassium drug interaction - 18 seconds ago
- Nexavar and Fainting - 21 seconds ago
- Wellbutrin and Abdominal Tenderness - 23 seconds ago