Clonazepam and Acute brain syndrome - from FDA reports
Acute brain syndrome is found among people who take Clonazepam, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lorazepam, and have Depression. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 76,216 people who have side effects when taking Clonazepam from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
76,216 people reported to have side effects when taking Clonazepam.
Among them, 481 people (0.63%) have Acute brain syndrome
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Clonazepam when people have Acute brain syndrome *:
- < 1 month: 20.83 %
- 1 - 6 months: 70.83 %
- 6 - 12 months: 2.08 %
Gender of people who have Acute brain syndrome when taking Clonazepam *:
- female: 47.3 %
- male: 52.7 %
Age of people who have Acute brain syndrome when taking Clonazepam *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.23 %
- 10-19: 3.5 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression: 71 people, 14.76%
- Psychotic Disorder: 43 people, 8.94%
- Pain: 36 people, 7.48%
- Neck Pain: 36 people, 7.48%
- Sedation: 34 people, 7.07%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lorazepam: 61 people, 12.68%
- Omeprazole: 58 people, 12.06%
- Mirtazapine: 56 people, 11.64%
- Diazepam: 54 people, 11.23%
- Seroquel: 36 people, 7.48%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Confusional State: 145 people, 30.15%
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 135 people, 28.07%
- Confusion: 108 people, 22.45%
- Fever: 97 people, 20.17%
- Depression: 85 people, 17.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Acute brain syndrome while taking Clonazepam?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Acute brain syndrome
- Subscribe to monitor Acute brain syndrome in Clonazepam
You are not alone:
Clonazepam has active ingredients of clonazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Clonazepam 81,013 users)
Acute brain syndrome
Acute brain syndrome (acute temporary reversible impairment of brain functioning) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, insomnia, schizophrenia (latest reports from 25,197 Acute brain syndrome patients).
Drugs that are associated with Acute brain syndromeAcute brain syndrome (1,911 drugs)
Could your condition cause Acute brain syndromeAcute brain syndrome (1,844 conditions)
Clonazepam side effects
- Clonazepam side effects (76,248 reports)
Browse all side effects of Clonazepama b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- McFarlane SI, "Torsades de Pointes induced by Methadone and Clonazepam Use", .
- Ashkar AG, Goldberg T, Maraj I, Masters A, McFarlane SI, "Torsades De Pointes Induced by Methadone and Clonazepam Use", International Journal of Medical and Pharmaceutical Case Reports, 2015 Jan .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Retrograde Ejaculation with Methadone Hydrochloride? - a second ago
- Will you have Dizziness with S-Alpha Lipoic Acid? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Nasal Congestion with Romazicon? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Stuffy Nose with Romazicon? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Nasal Decongestion Therapy with Romazicon? - 3 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 42 year old man who takes Modafinil, Effexor Xr - 47 minutes ago
- A study for a 23 year old woman who takes Lidocaine - an hour ago
- Prediction of Geodon, Enskyce, Lyrica, Methotrexate, Minipress, Baclofen, Wellbutrin for a 24 year old woman - 2 hours ago
- Prediction of Aleve, Xigduo Xr for a 59 year old woman - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 24 year old woman who takes Amphetamine Salt Combo, Melatonin, Remeron, Pantoprazole - 3 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.