Clonidine and Acute kidney failure - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Acute kidney failure is found among people who take Clonidine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Clonidine and have Acute kidney failure. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 57,167 people who have side effects when taking Clonidine from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
57,167 people reported to have side effects when taking Clonidine.
Among them, 2,748 people (4.81%) have Acute kidney failure.
What is Clonidine?
Clonidine has active ingredients of clonidine. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 58,750 Clonidine users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Acute kidney failure?
Acute kidney failure is found to be associated with 3,878 drugs and 3,861 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Clonidine and Acute kidney failure reports submitted per year:
Time on Clonidine when people have Acute kidney failure *:
Gender of people who have Acute kidney failure when taking Clonidine*:
Age of people who have Acute kidney failure when taking Clonidine *:
Common drugs people take besides Clonidine *:
Common side effects people have besides Acute kidney failure *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Clonidine and have Acute kidney failure?Check whether Acute kidney failure is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Teimoory M, Arefi M, Behnoush B, Bastani B, "Promethazine and Treatment Refractory Agitation in Clonidine Toxicity", International Journal of Medical Toxicology and Forensic Medicine, 2013 Mar .
How severe was Acute kidney failure and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of clonidine:
- Acute kidney failure and drugs with ingredients of clonidine (2,871 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Clonidine:
- Clonidine (58,750 reports)
Common Clonidine side effects:
- High blood pressure: 4,845 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3,971 reports
- Pain: 3,924 reports
- Drug ineffective: 3,784 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 3,173 reports
- Chronic kidney disease: 2,908 reports
- Acute kidney failure: 2,836 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 2,835 reports
Browse all side effects of Clonidine:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Acute kidney failure treatments and more:
- Acute kidney failure (171,979 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Acute kidney failure:
- Acute kidney failure in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Acute kidney failure in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Acute kidney failure in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Acute kidney failure:
- Nexium: 23,370 reports
- Prevacid: 18,787 reports
- Prilosec: 18,541 reports
- Protonix: 15,396 reports
- Truvada: 13,127 reports
- Aspirin: 12,590 reports
- Nexium 24hr: 11,242 reports
- Viread: 10,572 reports
- Prilosec otc: 10,502 reports
- Omeprazole: 10,374 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Acute kidney failure:
- Acute kidney failure (3,878 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Acute kidney failure:
- Hiv infection: 16,612 reports
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease: 14,640 reports
- High blood pressure: 12,916 reports
- Pain: 8,844 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 7,048 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Acute kidney failure:
- Acute kidney failure (3,861 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on clonidine (the active ingredients of Clonidine) and Clonidine (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Lamictal and Eating Disorder - a second ago
- Abilify and Mometasone Furoate drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Haloperidol and Doxylamine Succinate drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Duragesic-100 and Application Site Irritation - 12 seconds ago
- Paroxetine and Ejaculation Failure - 12 seconds ago
- Depo-Provera vs. Low-Ogestrel-21 - 12 seconds ago
- Cider Vinegar and Gemcitabine drug interaction - 25 seconds ago
- Arg and Stress And Anxiety - 35 seconds ago
- Tramadol and Urine Amphetamine Positive - a minute ago
- Vitamin B12 and Carotid Artery Disease - a minute ago