Clonidine and Back pain - from FDA reports
Back pain is found among people who take Clonidine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lisinopril, and have Pain. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 38,161 people who have side effects when taking Clonidine from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
38,161 people reported to have side effects when taking Clonidine.
Among them, 1,145 people (3.0%) have Back pain
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Clonidine when people have Back pain *:
- < 1 month: 33.33 %
- 1 - 6 months: 22.22 %
- 6 - 12 months: 5.56 %
Gender of people who have Back pain when taking Clonidine *:
- female: 62.6 %
- male: 37.4 %
Age of people who have Back pain when taking Clonidine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.23 %
- 10-19: 1.25 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain: 198 people, 17.29%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 104 people, 9.08%
- Depression: 74 people, 6.46%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 68 people, 5.94%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 66 people, 5.76%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lisinopril: 182 people, 15.90%
- Lasix: 165 people, 14.41%
- Aspirin: 145 people, 12.66%
- Zometa: 145 people, 12.66%
- Prilosec: 135 people, 11.79%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain: 363 people, 31.70%
- Weakness: 298 people, 26.03%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 296 people, 25.85%
- Joint Pain: 286 people, 24.98%
- Pain In Extremity: 283 people, 24.72%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Back pain while taking Clonidine?
You are not alone:
Clonidine has active ingredients of clonidine. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Clonidine 39,131 users)
Back pain has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol, pain (latest reports from 223,056 Back pain patients).
Drugs that are associated with Back painBack pain (3,658 drugs)
Could your condition cause Back painBack pain (3,634 conditions)
Clonidine side effects
- Clonidine side effects (38,173 reports)
Browse all side effects of Clonidinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Teimoory M, Arefi M, Behnoush B, Bastani B, "Promethazine and Treatment Refractory Agitation in Clonidine Toxicity", International Journal of Medical Toxicology and Forensic Medicine, 2013 Mar .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Rheumatoid Spondylitis with Alcohol? - now
- Will you have Platelet Count Increased with Periodontal Disease? - now
- Will you have Bisphosphonate-Associated Osteonecrosis Of The Jaw with Lyrica? - a second ago
- Will you have Calcium Antagonist Overdose with Probiotics? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Amoebic Skin Ulcer with Allegra? - 4 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 54 year old woman who takes Celexa, Phentermine - 39 minutes ago
- A study for a 49 year old woman who takes Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Mobic, Biotin, Methocarbamol - 41 minutes ago
- A study for a 33 year old woman who takes Buspar, Norco - 44 minutes ago
- A study for a 23 year old woman who takes Clonidine - an hour ago
- Prediction of Losartan, Fenofibrate for a 77 year old man - 2 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.