Clonidine and Back pain - from FDA reports
Back pain is found among people who take Clonidine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lisinopril, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Back pain with Clonidine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 32,994 people who have side effects when taking Clonidine from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 26, 2017
32,994 people reported to have side effects when taking Clonidine.
Among them, 1,046 people (3.17%) have Back pain
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Clonidine when people have Back pain *:
- < 1 month: 38.46 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 7.69 %
- 1 - 2 years: 38.46 %
- 2 - 5 years: 7.69 %
- 5 - 10 years: 7.69 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Back pain when taking Clonidine *:
- female: 62.25 %
- male: 37.75 %
Age of people who have Back pain when taking Clonidine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.25 %
- 10-19: 1.36 %
- 20-29: 2.85 %
- 30-39: 8.55 %
- 40-49: 16.48 %
- 50-59: 26.77 %
- 60+: 43.74 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (177 people, 16.92%)
- Multiple Myeloma (97 people, 9.27%)
- Depression (73 people, 6.98%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (54 people, 5.16%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (54 people, 5.16%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lisinopril (182 people, 17.40%)
- Lasix (156 people, 14.91%)
- Aspirin (145 people, 13.86%)
- Zometa (140 people, 13.38%)
- Prilosec (132 people, 12.62%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (341 people, 32.60%)
- Weakness (282 people, 26.96%)
- Fatigue (277 people, 26.48%)
- Breathing Difficulty (273 people, 26.10%)
- Joint Pain (269 people, 25.72%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Back pain when taking Clonidine?
- Check symptoms - is back pain caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsBack pain and drugs with ingredients of clonidine.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeBack pain and Clonidine from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Clonidine has active ingredients of clonidine. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Clonidine 33,962 users)
Back pain has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, pain, high blood pressure (latest reports from 189,664 Back pain patients).
Browse all side effects of Clonidinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Back painBack pain
Could your condition cause Back painBack pain
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Teimoory M, Arefi M, Behnoush B, Bastani B, "Promethazine and Treatment Refractory Agitation in Clonidine Toxicity", International Journal of Medical Toxicology and Forensic Medicine, 2013 Mar .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
My 15 yr old daughter was prescribed Topamax 50mg for migraines, the side effects she experienced were unbearable. She had to discontinue after only 3 days of taking the medication. Today was the first day not taking it and still has severe neck and back pain. How long should these symptoms take ...
Hello, I have been taking Zoloft for about two months now and I have back pain and hip pain. Will it go away soon? I had nausea for a week at the beginning but I was fine after so I'm wondering if I should hold on or change medication. Anybody has any idea??
User posts to the study
I began taking PrEP (Truvada) 6 weeks ago. Within a few days I started having intense spasms in my back. I have had back problems most of my life so I assumed this was simply another episode. However, massage and chiropractic care have always helped. This time I got no benefit. I have not been ...
I have had sciatica for 8 months with pain in my right leg on standing and walking. Have been to chiropractor and recently got epidural injections a week ago. Got total relief for one day!! Pain dr. put me on gabapentin 900 mg. per day. Have not really had side effects but concerned about weight ...