Clonidine and Bacteremic shock - from FDA reports
Bacteremic shock is found among people who take Clonidine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Bacteremic shock with Clonidine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 32,994 people who have side effects when taking Clonidine from FDA , and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
32,994 people reported to have side effects when taking Clonidine.
Among them, 111 people (0.34%) have Bacteremic shock
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Clonidine when people have Bacteremic shock *:
- < 1 month: 66.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 11.11 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 22.22 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Bacteremic shock when taking Clonidine *:
- female: 55.14 %
- male: 44.86 %
Age of people who have Bacteremic shock when taking Clonidine *:
- 0-1: 0.99 %
- 2-9: 4.95 %
- 10-19: 3.96 %
- 20-29: 2.9699999999999998 %
- 30-39: 10.89 %
- 40-49: 11.88 %
- 50-59: 21.78 %
- 60+: 42.57 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain: 9 people, 8.11%
- Diabetes: 7 people, 6.31%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 6 people, 5.41%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 6 people, 5.41%
- Depression: 6 people, 5.41%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix: 21 people, 18.92%
- Zofran: 17 people, 15.32%
- Prednisone: 17 people, 15.32%
- Amlodipine: 17 people, 15.32%
- Aspirin: 16 people, 14.41%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 33 people, 29.73%
- Respiratory Acidosis (respiratory failure or ventilatory failure, causes the ph of blood and other bodily fluids to decrease): 24 people, 21.62%
- Pneumonia: 22 people, 19.82%
- Staphylococcal Sepsis (blood infection by an infection with staphylococcus bacteria): 17 people, 15.32%
- Acute Respiratory Failure: 17 people, 15.32%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you take Clonidine and have Bacteremic shock?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Bacteremic shock
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Share you experience to help people like you
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- C-reactive protein, (crp) quantitative ($52.00) Add to cart
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Glucose, serum ($35.00) Add to cart
- Hemoglobin a1c (hgba1c) with eag ($41.00) Add to cart
- Rheumatoid arthritis (ra) factor ($46.00) Add to cart
- Sedimentation rate ($47.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
Clonidine has active ingredients of clonidine. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Clonidine 33,963 users)
Bacteremic shock (septic shock caused by the release of toxins by bacteria) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple myeloma, high blood pressure, preventive health care, pain (latest reports from 24,740 Bacteremic shock patients).
Drugs that are associated with Bacteremic shockBacteremic shock (2,260 drugs)
Could your condition cause Bacteremic shockBacteremic shock (2,350 conditions)
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsBacteremic shock and drugs with ingredients of clonidine.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeBacteremic shock and Clonidine from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Clonidine side effects
- Clonidine side effects (33,006 reports)
Browse all side effects of Clonidinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Teimoory M, Arefi M, Behnoush B, Bastani B, "Promethazine and Treatment Refractory Agitation in Clonidine Toxicity", International Journal of Medical Toxicology and Forensic Medicine, 2013 Mar .
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Clonidine and have Bacteremic Shock
- Support group for people who have Bacteremic Shock
- Support group for people who take Clonidine
Can you answer these questions
- Hello, I'm a 63 y/o female who decided to wean off morphine (my decision) which was prescribed for post op (lobectomy of right lung) pain. I sustained nerve damage in surgery but am thankfully cured. Under Pain Management Doc care I am taking Clonidine and Morphine 15mg IR tabs. I'm just...
- my aunt is diagnosed with rheumatic heart disease 55yr old female ...ejection fraction is 65%, good, but antihypertensive, is clonidine appropriate for her??
You may be interested in these posts
- Has anyone experienced stroke while taking Clonidine, I took for approx 4 months and had a stroke affecting my speach , I also have a tingling feeling in my feet and toes.
- It's been a month and Ibe had mirgsins that start at 2pm each day!
- Question - why would Clonidine alone cause hypokalemia?
- Hello My name is Ty’lia , don’t care much for being anonymous. My mother went to the hospital with a headache she felt like her blood pressure was high , they treated her with clonodine says it was 25mg but there is nothing on her discharge papers on what she was given. Doctors told me she told...
- I've been on clonodine for 5 years now and wellbutrin sr for about 5 months. I'm petrified of having a heart attack but want to eventually get off hypertension medication. Will this ever be possible? I also take amlodipine, enalipryl and I'm tapering off metoprolol.
- Will you have Frequent Headaches with Aviane-21?
- Will you have Headaches with Aviane-21?
- Will you have Pain - Head with Aviane-21?
- Will you have Headache with Aviane-21?
- Clofibrate and Primrose Oil drug interaction
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Aviane-21 and have Frequent Headaches?
- Support group for people who take Aviane-21 and have Headaches?
- Support group for people who take Aviane-21 and have Pain - Head?
- Support group for people who take Aviane-21 and have Headache?
- Support group for people who take Clofibrate and Primrose Oil
- What to expect when you take Aviane-21 and have Frequent Headaches?
- What to expect when you take Aviane-21 and have Headaches?
- What to expect when you take Aviane-21 and have Pain - Head?
- What to expect when you take Aviane-21 and have Headache?
- What to expect when you take Clofibrate and Primrose Oil
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.