Clonidine and Blood glucose increased - from FDA reports
Blood glucose increased is found among people who take Clonidine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lantus, and have Type 2 diabetes. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 38,161 people who have side effects when taking Clonidine from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
38,161 people reported to have side effects when taking Clonidine.
Among them, 708 people (1.86%) have Blood glucose increased
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Clonidine when people have Blood glucose increased *:
- < 1 month: 62.5 %
- 1 - 6 months: 6.25 %
- 6 - 12 months: 6.25 %
- 1 - 2 years: 25.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Blood glucose increased when taking Clonidine *:
- female: 64.8 %
- male: 35.2 %
Age of people who have Blood glucose increased when taking Clonidine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 1.06 %
- 10-19: 2.64 %
- 20-29: 1.58 %
- 30-39: 5.63 %
- 40-49: 12.32 %
- 50-59: 25.88 %
- 60+: 50.88 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Type 2 Diabetes: 130 people, 18.36%
- Diabetes: 99 people, 13.98%
- Pain: 68 people, 9.60%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 60 people, 8.47%
- Depression: 35 people, 4.94%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lantus: 122 people, 17.23%
- Aspirin: 103 people, 14.55%
- Lipitor: 99 people, 13.98%
- Lasix: 95 people, 13.42%
- Humalog: 79 people, 11.16%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 100 people, 14.12%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 96 people, 13.56%
- Headache (pain in head): 93 people, 13.14%
- Weakness: 90 people, 12.71%
- Pain: 86 people, 12.15%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Blood glucose increased while taking Clonidine?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Blood glucose increased
- Subscribe to monitor Blood glucose increased in Clonidine
You are not alone:
Clonidine has active ingredients of clonidine. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Clonidine 39,131 users)
Blood glucose increased
Blood glucose increased has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, diabetes, type 1 diabetes (latest reports from 134,230 Blood glucose increased patients).
Drugs that are associated with Blood glucose increasedBlood glucose increased (2,760 drugs)
Could your condition cause Blood glucose increasedBlood glucose increased (2,444 conditions)
Clonidine side effects
- Clonidine side effects (38,173 reports)
Browse all side effects of Clonidinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Teimoory M, Arefi M, Behnoush B, Bastani B, "Promethazine and Treatment Refractory Agitation in Clonidine Toxicity", International Journal of Medical Toxicology and Forensic Medicine, 2013 Mar .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Macrophages Decreased with Zoonotic Infections? - now
- Will you have Acute Confusional State with Amlodipine Besylate? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Loss Of Hair with Msm? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Acute Brain Syndrome, Acute Confusional State, Delirium with Amlodipine Besylate? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Hair Thinning with Msm? - 3 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 40 year old woman who takes Effexor Xr - 21 minutes ago
- Prediction of Synthroid for a 61 year old woman - an hour ago
- A study for a 66 year old man who takes Glipizide - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 63 year old man who takes Prevacid, Celebrex - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 79 year old man who takes Pradaxa, Tramadol - 2 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.