Clonidine and Chronic kidney disease - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Chronic kidney disease is found among people who take Clonidine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Clonidine and have Chronic kidney disease. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 57,167 people who have side effects when taking Clonidine from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
57,167 people reported to have side effects when taking Clonidine.
Among them, 2,908 people (5.09%) have Chronic kidney disease.
What is Clonidine?
Clonidine has active ingredients of clonidine. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 58,750 Clonidine users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Chronic kidney disease?
Chronic kidney disease is found to be associated with 2,467 drugs and 1,205 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Clonidine and Chronic kidney disease reports submitted per year:
Time on Clonidine when people have Chronic kidney disease *:
Gender of people who have Chronic kidney disease when taking Clonidine*:
Age of people who have Chronic kidney disease when taking Clonidine *:
Common drugs people take besides Clonidine *:
Common side effects people have besides Chronic kidney disease *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Clonidine and have Chronic kidney disease?Check whether Chronic kidney disease is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Aalaei-Andabili, S. H., Umer, M., & Keeley, E. C., "An Adult Woman With Stage 4 Chronic Kidney Disease and a Diffuse Rash", JAMA cardiology, 2019 Jan .
- Teimoory M, Arefi M, Behnoush B, Bastani B, "Promethazine and Treatment Refractory Agitation in Clonidine Toxicity", International Journal of Medical Toxicology and Forensic Medicine, 2013 Mar .
How severe was Chronic kidney disease and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of clonidine:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Clonidine:
- Clonidine (58,750 reports)
Common Clonidine side effects:
- High blood pressure: 4,845 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3,971 reports
- Pain: 3,924 reports
- Drug ineffective: 3,784 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 3,173 reports
- Chronic kidney disease: 2,908 reports
- Acute kidney failure: 2,836 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 2,835 reports
Browse all side effects of Clonidine:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Chronic kidney disease treatments and more:
- Chronic kidney disease (132,069 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Chronic kidney disease:
- Chronic kidney disease in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Chronic kidney disease in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Chronic kidney disease in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Chronic kidney disease:
- Nexium: 60,817 reports
- Prevacid: 54,179 reports
- Prilosec: 50,470 reports
- Protonix: 41,674 reports
- Nexium 24hr: 32,372 reports
- Prilosec otc: 28,446 reports
- Dexilant: 26,802 reports
- Prevacid 24 hr: 25,131 reports
- Omeprazole: 19,690 reports
- Truvada: 15,734 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Chronic kidney disease:
- Chronic kidney disease (2,467 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Chronic kidney disease:
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease: 33,556 reports
- Hiv infection: 19,390 reports
- Pain: 12,003 reports
- High blood pressure: 11,782 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 9,323 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Chronic kidney disease:
- Chronic kidney disease (1,205 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on clonidine (the active ingredients of Clonidine) and Clonidine (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Nexium and Nizatidine drug interaction - a second ago
- Nephrotic Syndrome and drugs of ingredients of paclitaxel - 10 seconds ago
- Harvoni and Chest Injury - 14 seconds ago
- How effective is Wellbutrin Xl for Stress And Anxiety? - 15 seconds ago
- Quinine Sulfate and Fear Of Eating - 16 seconds ago
- Noxafil and Robaxin drug interaction - 17 seconds ago
- Desyrel and Proair Respiclick drug interaction - 28 seconds ago
- Daptomycin and Dermatitis - 29 seconds ago
- Atomoxetine and Paranoia Aggravated - 32 seconds ago
- Triazolam and Joint Range Of Motion Decreased - 33 seconds ago