Clonidine and Gastritis haemorrhagic - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 60,680 people who have side effects when taking Clonidine. Gastritis haemorrhagic is found, especially among people who are male, 50-59 old, also take Vancomycin and have High blood cholesterol.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Clonidine and have Gastritis haemorrhagic. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
60,680 people reported to have side effects when taking Clonidine.
Among them, 20 people (0.03%) have Gastritis haemorrhagic.
What is Clonidine?
Clonidine has active ingredients of clonidine. It is used in high blood pressure. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 62,360 Clonidine users.
What is Gastritis haemorrhagic?
Gastritis haemorrhagic (inflammation of stomach with bleeding) is found to be associated with 681 drugs and 394 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 2,271 people who have Gastritis haemorrhagic.
Number of Clonidine and Gastritis haemorrhagic reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Gastritis haemorrhagic when taking Clonidine *:
- female: 7.14 %
- male: 92.86 %
Age of people who have Gastritis haemorrhagic when taking Clonidine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 21.43 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 42.86 %
- 60+: 35.71 %
Common drugs people take besides Clonidine *:
- Amlodipine: 7 people, 35.00%
- Vancomycin: 7 people, 35.00%
- Piperacillin And Tazobactam: 6 people, 30.00%
- Protonix: 6 people, 30.00%
- Carafate: 6 people, 30.00%
- Senna: 6 people, 30.00%
- Crestor: 5 people, 25.00%
- Sinemet: 5 people, 25.00%
- Effexor: 5 people, 25.00%
- Miralax: 5 people, 25.00%
Common side effects people have besides Gastritis haemorrhagic *:
- Haemorrhoids (a swollen vein or group of veins in the region of the anus): 5 people, 25.00%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 5 people, 25.00%
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: 4 people, 20.00%
- Diverticulitis (digestive disease which involves the formation of pouches (diverticula) within the bowel wall): 4 people, 20.00%
- Diverticulum (out pouching of a hollow (or a fluid-filled) structure in the body): 4 people, 20.00%
- Melaena (the passage of black, tarry stools): 4 people, 20.00%
- Gastric Ulcer (stomach ulcer): 4 people, 20.00%
- Oedema (fluid collection in tissue): 3 people, 15.00%
- Gastritis Erosive (a break in the surface layer of the membrane lining the stomach with infection): 2 people, 10.00%
- Intestinal Ischaemia (decreased supply of oxygenated blood to the intestines): 2 people, 10.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- High Blood Cholesterol: 7 people, 35.00%
- Heart Attack: 6 people, 30.00%
- Oedema (fluid collection in tissue): 6 people, 30.00%
- Constipation: 6 people, 30.00%
- Fungal Infection: 6 people, 30.00%
- Gastrointestinal Hypomotility (less activity of the intestinal tract): 6 people, 30.00%
- Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body): 6 people, 30.00%
- Septic Shock (shock due to blood infection): 6 people, 30.00%
- Bleeding Disorders: 6 people, 30.00%
- Muscle Function Loss: 6 people, 30.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Clonidine and have Gastritis haemorrhagic?Check whether Gastritis haemorrhagic is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Teimoory M, Arefi M, Behnoush B, Bastani B, "Promethazine and Treatment Refractory Agitation in Clonidine Toxicity", International Journal of Medical Toxicology and Forensic Medicine, 2013 Mar .
Clonidine side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Clonidine side effects (62,360 reports)
Gastritis haemorrhagic treatments and more:
- Gastritis haemorrhagic (2,271 reports)
Common drugs associated with Gastritis haemorrhagic:
All the drugs that are associated with Gastritis haemorrhagic:
- Gastritis haemorrhagic (681 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Gastritis haemorrhagic:
All the conditions that are associated with Gastritis haemorrhagic:
- Gastritis haemorrhagic (394 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on clonidine (the active ingredients of Clonidine) and Clonidine (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Diamox and Lotensin drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Mirena and Renal Cyst - 16 seconds ago
- Paroxetine and Arrhythmias - 25 seconds ago
- Adderall and Advair Diskus 100/50 drug interaction - 33 seconds ago
- Albuterol and Infected Skin Ulcer - 35 seconds ago
- Sildenafil Citrate and Pepcid drug interaction - 37 seconds ago
- Domeboro and Lac-Hydrin drug interaction - 39 seconds ago
- Victoza and Dry Skin - 53 seconds ago
- Dipyridamole and Nosebleed - 57 seconds ago
- Piperacillin And Tazobactam and Metformin drug interaction - a minute ago