Clopidogrel and Anaemia - from FDA reports
Anaemia is found among people who take Clopidogrel, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter. This review analyzes which people have Anaemia with Clopidogrel. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 28,665 people who have side effects when taking Clopidogrel from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 25, 2017
28,665 people reported to have side effects when taking Clopidogrel.
Among them, 806 people (2.81%) have Anaemia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Clopidogrel when people have Anaemia *:
- < 1 month: 25.17 %
- 1 - 6 months: 29.8 %
- 6 - 12 months: 8.61 %
- 1 - 2 years: 15.89 %
- 2 - 5 years: 11.92 %
- 5 - 10 years: 7.95 %
- 10+ years: 0.66 %
Gender of people who have Anaemia when taking Clopidogrel *:
- female: 38.41 %
- male: 61.59 %
Age of people who have Anaemia when taking Clopidogrel *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.14 %
- 30-39: 0.28 %
- 40-49: 3.66 %
- 50-59: 13.64 %
- 60+: 82.28 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (109 people, 13.52%)
- High Blood Pressure (82 people, 10.17%)
- Coronary Heart Disease (47 people, 5.83%)
- Preventive Health Care (43 people, 5.33%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (42 people, 5.21%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (150 people, 18.61%)
- Plavix (96 people, 11.91%)
- Furosemide (96 people, 11.91%)
- Digoxin (82 people, 10.17%)
- Simvastatin (78 people, 9.68%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Hypotension (101 people, 12.53%)
- Breathing Difficulty (95 people, 11.79%)
- Weakness (92 people, 11.41%)
- Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage (90 people, 11.17%)
- Fatigue (81 people, 10.05%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Anaemia when taking Clopidogrel?
- Check symptoms - is anaemia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAnaemia and drugs with ingredients of clopidogrel.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAnaemia and Clopidogrel from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Clopidogrel has active ingredients of clopidogrel. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from Clopidogrel 29,260 users)
Anaemia (lack of blood) has been reported by people with hepatitis c, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, atrial fibrillation/flutter (latest reports from 140,275 Anaemia patients).
Browse all side effects of Clopidogrela b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with AnaemiaAnaemia
Could your condition cause AnaemiaAnaemia
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Lai SW, Lin CL, Liao KF, "Actively using clopidogrel correlates with an increased risk of acute pancreatitis in Taiwan", International journal of cardiology, 2015 Mar .
- Jacob S, Dunn BL, Qureshi ZP, Bandarenko N, Kwaan HC, Pandey DK, McKoy JM, Barnato SE, Winters JL, Cursio JF, Weiss I, "Ticlopidine-, clopidogrel-, and prasugrel-associated thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura: a 20-year review from the Southern Network on Adverse Reactions (SONAR)", InSeminars in thrombosis and hemostasis, 2012 Jan .