Clopidogrel and Hair color changes - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Hair color changes is found among people who take Clopidogrel, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Clopidogrel and have Hair color changes. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 78,666 people who have side effects when taking Clopidogrel from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
78,666 people reported to have side effects when taking Clopidogrel.
Among them, 48 people (0.06%) have Hair color changes.
What is Clopidogrel?
Clopidogrel has active ingredients of clopidogrel. It is often used in blood clots. eHealthMe is studying from 79,618 Clopidogrel users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Hair color changes?
Hair color changes is found to be associated with 1,118 drugs and 516 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Clopidogrel and Hair color changes reports submitted per year:
Time on Clopidogrel when people have Hair color changes *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 100 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hair color changes when taking Clopidogrel *:
- female: 89.13 %
- male: 10.87 %
Age of people who have Hair color changes when taking Clopidogrel *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 9.09 %
- 50-59: 22.73 %
- 60+: 68.18 %
Common drugs people take besides Clopidogrel *:
- Taxotere: 19 people, 39.58%
- Neosar: 12 people, 25.00%
- Paraplatin: 11 people, 22.92%
- Metformin: 11 people, 22.92%
- Cytoxan: 9 people, 18.75%
- Amlodipine: 7 people, 14.58%
- Paracetamol: 6 people, 12.50%
- Herceptin: 6 people, 12.50%
- Lipitor: 5 people, 10.42%
- Coreg: 4 people, 8.33%
Common side effects people have besides Hair color changes *:
- Hair Loss: 33 people, 68.75%
- Hair Disorder: 33 people, 68.75%
- Hair Texture Abnormal: 31 people, 64.58%
- Depression: 12 people, 25.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 7 people, 14.58%
- Breathing Difficulty: 6 people, 12.50%
- Pain: 3 people, 6.25%
- Back Pain: 3 people, 6.25%
- Blister (small pocket of fluid within the upper layers of the skin caused by forceful rubbing (friction), burning, freezing, chemical exposure): 3 people, 6.25%
- Rashes (redness): 3 people, 6.25%
Common conditions people have *:
- Breast Cancer Female: 18 people, 37.50%
- Breast Cancer: 5 people, 10.42%
- Breast Cancer Metastatic: 4 people, 8.33%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 3 people, 6.25%
- High Blood Pressure: 3 people, 6.25%
- Chronic Myeloid Leukaemia (long lasting type of cancer that starts in the blood-forming cells of the bone marrow and invades the blood): 3 people, 6.25%
- Renal Cell Carcinoma (a kidney cancer): 2 people, 4.17%
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 2 people, 4.17%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 2 people, 4.17%
- Hair Loss: 2 people, 4.17%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Clopidogrel and have Hair color changes?Check whether Hair color changes is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Lai SW, Lin CL, Liao KF, "Actively using clopidogrel correlates with an increased risk of acute pancreatitis in Taiwan", International journal of cardiology, 2015 Mar .
- Jacob S, Dunn BL, Qureshi ZP, Bandarenko N, Kwaan HC, Pandey DK, McKoy JM, Barnato SE, Winters JL, Cursio JF, Weiss I, "Ticlopidine-, clopidogrel-, and prasugrel-associated thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura: a 20-year review from the Southern Network on Adverse Reactions (SONAR)", InSeminars in thrombosis and hemostasis, 2012 Jan .
- Frank P, "Ticlopidine-, Clopidogrel-, and Prasugrel-Associated Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura: A Twenty-Year Review from the Southern Network on Adverse Reactions (SONAR)", , 2012 Jan .
How severe was Hair color changes and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of clopidogrel:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Clopidogrel:
- Clopidogrel (79,618 reports)
Common Clopidogrel side effects:
- Breathing difficulty: 4,485 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 4,088 reports
- Dizziness: 3,829 reports
- Weakness: 3,360 reports
- Diarrhea: 3,158 reports
Browse all side effects of Clopidogrel:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Hair color changes treatments and more:
- Hair color changes (16,447 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Hair color changes:
- Hair color changes in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Hair color changes in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Hair color changes in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Hair color changes:
- Docetaxel: 9,966 reports
- Taxotere: 6,891 reports
- Neosar: 4,823 reports
- Herceptin: 2,090 reports
- Lisinopril: 1,252 reports
- Carboplatin: 1,081 reports
- Rogaine: 979 reports
- Metformin: 909 reports
- Votrient: 904 reports
- Amlodipine: 770 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Hair color changes:
- Hair color changes (1,118 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Hair color changes:
- Chemotherapy: 7,210 reports
- Breast cancer: 1,614 reports
- Hormone replacement therapy: 1,434 reports
- Renal cell carcinoma: 790 reports
- Hair loss: 758 reports
- High blood pressure: 335 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 232 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Hair color changes:
- Hair color changes (516 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on clopidogrel (the active ingredients of Clopidogrel) and Clopidogrel (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- High Blood Pressure in Levaquin, how severe and when it was recovered? - now
- Actoplus Met and Systemic Lupus Erythematosus - 3 seconds ago
- Xyrem and Isradipine drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Budesonide and Xenical drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Levothyroxine Sodium and Paranasal Sinus Discomfort - 20 seconds ago
- Gastritis - Chronic and Chills - 22 seconds ago
- Morphine and Limb Deformity - 22 seconds ago
- Cellulitis Aggravated and drugs of ingredients of polidocanol - 22 seconds ago
- Nexavar and Xylocaine drug interaction - 25 seconds ago
- Acetaminophen and Hoarseness Or Changing Voice - 26 seconds ago