Clopidogrel and Psoriasis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Psoriasis is found among people who take Clopidogrel, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Clopidogrel and have Psoriasis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 78,666 people who have side effects when taking Clopidogrel from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
78,666 people reported to have side effects when taking Clopidogrel.
Among them, 276 people (0.35%) have Psoriasis.
What is Clopidogrel?
Clopidogrel has active ingredients of clopidogrel. It is often used in blood clots. eHealthMe is studying from 79,618 Clopidogrel users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Psoriasis?
Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin) is found to be associated with 2,278 drugs and 1,582 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Clopidogrel and Psoriasis reports submitted per year:
Time on Clopidogrel when people have Psoriasis *:
Gender of people who have Psoriasis when taking Clopidogrel*:
Age of people who have Psoriasis when taking Clopidogrel *:
Common drugs people take besides Clopidogrel *:
Common side effects people have besides Psoriasis *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Clopidogrel and have Psoriasis?Check whether Psoriasis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Mohagheghi MA, Omranipur R, Ensani F, Ghannadan A, Shahriaran S, Samiee F, Sedighi Z, "A Case of Advanced Unicentric Retroperitoneal Castleman's Disease, Associated With Psoriasis", Acta Medica Iranica, 2017 May .
- Chiriac A, Brzezinski P, Stolnicu S, Podoleanu C, Moldovan C, Molnar C, Taranu T, "Eosinophilia–A rare possible adverse reaction during anti-tumor necrosis factor-alpha therapy for psoriasis", Journal of Dermatological Treatment, 2016 Mar .
- Lai SW, Lin CL, Liao KF, "Actively using clopidogrel correlates with an increased risk of acute pancreatitis in Taiwan", International journal of cardiology, 2015 Mar .
- Malisiewicz B, Murer C, Schmid JP, French LE, Schmid-Grendelmeier P, Navarini AA, "Eosinophilia during psoriasis treatment with TNF antagonists", Dermatology, 2013 Jan .
- Jacob S, Dunn BL, Qureshi ZP, Bandarenko N, Kwaan HC, Pandey DK, McKoy JM, Barnato SE, Winters JL, Cursio JF, Weiss I, "Ticlopidine-, clopidogrel-, and prasugrel-associated thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura: a 20-year review from the Southern Network on Adverse Reactions (SONAR)", InSeminars in thrombosis and hemostasis, 2012 Jan .
- Frank P, "Ticlopidine-, Clopidogrel-, and Prasugrel-Associated Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura: A Twenty-Year Review from the Southern Network on Adverse Reactions (SONAR)", , 2012 Jan .
How severe was Psoriasis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of clopidogrel:
- Psoriasis and drugs with ingredients of clopidogrel (80 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Clopidogrel:
- Clopidogrel (79,618 reports)
Common Clopidogrel side effects:
- Breathing difficulty: 4,485 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 4,088 reports
- Dizziness: 3,829 reports
- Weakness: 3,360 reports
- Diarrhea: 3,158 reports
Browse all side effects of Clopidogrel:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Psoriasis treatments and more:
- Psoriasis (412,216 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Psoriasis:
- Psoriasis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Psoriasis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Psoriasis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Psoriasis:
- Enbrel: 26,259 reports
- Humira: 23,088 reports
- Cosentyx: 21,919 reports
- Otezla: 19,845 reports
- Methotrexate: 10,887 reports
- Stelara: 6,001 reports
- Prednisone: 4,329 reports
- Remicade: 3,500 reports
- Metformin: 2,821 reports
- Aspirin: 2,803 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Psoriasis:
- Psoriasis (2,278 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Psoriasis:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 6,377 reports
- High blood pressure: 3,552 reports
- Crohn's disease: 3,134 reports
- Pain: 1,905 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Psoriasis:
- Psoriasis (1,582 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on clopidogrel (the active ingredients of Clopidogrel) and Clopidogrel (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Rituxan and Doxorubicin Hydrochloride drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Benadryl and Bronchitis Acute - 9 seconds ago
- Concerta and Hyperkalemia - 18 seconds ago
- Xarelto and Numbness And Tingling - 18 seconds ago
- Trazodone Hydrochloride and Atypical Pneumonia - 19 seconds ago
- Pomalyst and Sialoadenitis - 20 seconds ago
- Calcium Carbonate and Nexium drug interaction - 21 seconds ago
- Nitroglycerin and Hemicephalalgia - 25 seconds ago
- Cozaar and Rituxan drug interaction - 31 seconds ago
- Pantoprazole and Hypotonia - 33 seconds ago