Clotrimazole and Proctitis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Proctitis is reported only by a few people who take Clotrimazole.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Clotrimazole and have Proctitis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 11,108 people who have side effects while taking Clotrimazole from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
11,108 people reported to have side effects when taking Clotrimazole.
Among them, 2 people (0.02%) have Proctitis.
What is Clotrimazole?
Clotrimazole has active ingredients of clotrimazole. It is often used in thrush. eHealthMe is studying from 11,245 Clotrimazole users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Proctitis?
Proctitis (inflammation of the rectum and anus) is found to be associated with 933 drugs and 552 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Clotrimazole and Proctitis reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Proctitis when taking Clotrimazole *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Proctitis when taking Clotrimazole *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 50 %
- 50-59: 50 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Clotrimazole *:
- Levothyroxine Sodium: 2 people, 100.00%
- Vitamins: 1 person, 50.00%
- Diflucan: 1 person, 50.00%
- Magnesium Oxide: 1 person, 50.00%
- Levothroid: 1 person, 50.00%
- Imuran: 1 person, 50.00%
- Humira: 1 person, 50.00%
- Fluoxetine Hydrochloride: 1 person, 50.00%
- Entocort Ec: 1 person, 50.00%
- Cyanocobalamin: 1 person, 50.00%
Common side effects people have besides Proctitis *:
- Weight Increased: 1 person, 50.00%
- Diarrhea Haemorrhagic: 1 person, 50.00%
- Hypercalcaemia (elevated calcium (ca+) level in the blood): 1 person, 50.00%
- Humerus Fracture (injury to the upper arm bone): 1 person, 50.00%
- Herpes Zoster: 1 person, 50.00%
- Hernia (hernia happens when part of an internal organ or tissue bulges through a weak area of muscle): 1 person, 50.00%
- Head Injury: 1 person, 50.00%
- Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss): 1 person, 50.00%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1 person, 50.00%
- Essential Hypertension (primary hypertension): 1 person, 50.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Stomatitis (inflammation of mucous membrane of mouth): 1 person, 50.00%
- Quit Smoking: 1 person, 50.00%
- Pain: 1 person, 50.00%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 1 person, 50.00%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 1 person, 50.00%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 1 person, 50.00%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 1 person, 50.00%
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 1 person, 50.00%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 1 person, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Clotrimazole and have Proctitis?Check whether Proctitis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Proctitis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of clotrimazole:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Clotrimazole:
- Clotrimazole (11,245 reports)
Common Clotrimazole side effects:
Browse all side effects of Clotrimazole:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Proctitis treatments and more:
- Proctitis (3,467 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Proctitis:
- Proctitis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Proctitis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Proctitis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Proctitis:
- Accutane: 900 reports
- Calcium: 101 reports
- Capecitabine: 107 reports
- Humira: 394 reports
- Methotrexate: 117 reports
- Morphine: 110 reports
- Prednisone: 329 reports
- Remicade: 181 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Proctitis:
- Proctitis (933 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Proctitis:
All the conditions that are associated with Proctitis:
- Proctitis (552 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on clotrimazole (the active ingredients of Clotrimazole) and Clotrimazole (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Imodium Multi-Symptom Relief and Lopressor drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Corgard and Losartan drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Hydrocortisone and Zide drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Avandia and Leflunomide drug interaction - 25 seconds ago
- Gabapentin and Paranasal Sinus Hypersecretion - 38 seconds ago
- Colace and Zide drug interaction - 40 seconds ago
- Morphine and Darifenacin Hydrobromide drug interaction - 54 seconds ago
- Exemestane and Doxycycline Hyclate drug interaction - 54 seconds ago
- Velcade and Carpine drug interaction - a minute ago
- Insomnia and Prostatitis - a minute ago