Clozapine and Delirium - from FDA reports
Delirium is found among people who take Clozapine, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Abilify, and have Psychotic disorder. This review analyzes which people have Delirium with Clozapine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 29,948 people who have side effects when taking Clozapine from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 01, 2017
29,948 people reported to have side effects when taking Clozapine.
Among them, 282 people (0.94%) have Delirium
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Clozapine when people have Delirium *:
- < 1 month: 30.95 %
- 1 - 6 months: 21.43 %
- 6 - 12 months: 9.52 %
- 1 - 2 years: 11.9 %
- 2 - 5 years: 14.29 %
- 5 - 10 years: 7.14 %
- 10+ years: 4.76 %
Gender of people who have Delirium when taking Clozapine *:
- female: 37.08 %
- male: 62.92 %
Age of people who have Delirium when taking Clozapine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 3.51 %
- 20-29: 11.4 %
- 30-39: 22.81 %
- 40-49: 15.79 %
- 50-59: 28.07 %
- 60+: 18.42 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Psychotic Disorder (23 people, 8.16%)
- Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type (20 people, 7.09%)
- Depression (12 people, 4.26%)
- Stress And Anxiety (9 people, 3.19%)
- Diabetes (9 people, 3.19%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Abilify (22 people, 7.80%)
- Seroquel (21 people, 7.45%)
- Olanzapine (19 people, 6.74%)
- Risperdal (18 people, 6.38%)
- Lorazepam (16 people, 5.67%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Confusional State (61 people, 21.63%)
- Agitation (59 people, 20.92%)
- Fever (46 people, 16.31%)
- Drowsiness (38 people, 13.48%)
- Confusion (34 people, 12.06%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Delirium when taking Clozapine?
- Check symptoms - is delirium caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDelirium and drugs with ingredients of clozapine.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDelirium and Clozapine from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Clozapine has active ingredients of clozapine. It is often used in schizophrenia. (latest outcomes from Clozapine 30,234 users)
Delirium (wild excitement) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, cancer pain, insomnia (latest reports from 22,057 Delirium patients).
Browse all side effects of Clozapinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with DeliriumDelirium
Could your condition cause DeliriumDelirium
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Over the last three years I have been dealing with the more extreme health expirences of Factor V Leiden. I had noticed my memory was lapsing while I was pregnant, but it seems as though since the diagnosis and series of events since my mental retention has declined. I'm not quite as mentally ...
So, I am 15. I know, stupid age to be trying weed. But after my ~10th time doing weed I hit a brick wall, I had 1 hit and everything turned bad. Everything went slow motion and through out the night I felt unusual, now, 2 weeks later I still fell odd. I feel as if Im looking at life through a ...