Clozaril and Back pain - from FDA reports
Back pain is found among people who take Clozaril, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Back pain with Clozaril. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 36,473 people who have side effects when taking Clozaril from FDA , and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
36,473 people reported to have side effects when taking Clozaril.
Among them, 174 people (0.48%) have Back pain
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Clozaril when people have Back pain *:
- < 1 month: 35.48 %
- 1 - 6 months: 22.58 %
- 6 - 12 months: 3.23 %
- 1 - 2 years: 6.45 %
- 2 - 5 years: 12.9 %
- 5 - 10 years: 12.9 %
- 10+ years: 6.45 %
Gender of people who have Back pain when taking Clozaril *:
- female: 48.55 %
- male: 51.45 %
Age of people who have Back pain when taking Clozaril *:
- 0-1: 0.79 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.5899999999999999 %
- 20-29: 11.9 %
- 30-39: 17.46 %
- 40-49: 26.98 %
- 50-59: 22.22 %
- 60+: 19.05 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression: 17 people, 9.77%
- Pain: 15 people, 8.62%
- Stress And Anxiety: 14 people, 8.05%
- Asthma: 14 people, 8.05%
- Sleep Disorder: 10 people, 5.75%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Seroquel: 27 people, 15.52%
- Clonazepam: 20 people, 11.49%
- Valproate Sodium: 13 people, 7.47%
- Risperdal: 13 people, 7.47%
- Ambien: 12 people, 6.90%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Chest Pain: 41 people, 23.56%
- Fever: 40 people, 22.99%
- Breathing Difficulty: 32 people, 18.39%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 28 people, 16.09%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 24 people, 13.79%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you take Clozaril and have Back pain?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Back pain
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Share you experience to help people like you
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Glucose, serum ($35.00) Add to cart
- Thyroid panel with tsh plus free t3 and free t4 ($99.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
Clozaril has active ingredients of clozapine. It is often used in schizophrenia. (latest outcomes from Clozaril 36,652 users)
Back pain has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, pain, high blood pressure (latest reports from 189,673 Back pain patients).
Drugs that are associated with Back painBack pain (3,600 drugs)
Could your condition cause Back painBack pain (3,604 conditions)
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsBack pain and drugs with ingredients of clozapine. (319 reports)
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeBack pain and Clozaril from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Clozaril side effects
- Clozaril side effects (36,497 reports)
Browse all side effects of Clozarila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Grover S, Sahoo S, "Clozapine induced akathisia: A case report and review of the evidence", Indian journal of pharmacology, 2015 Jan .
- Crouse EL, Alastanos JN, Bozymski KM, Toscano RA, "Dysphagia with second-generation antipsychotics: A case report and review of the literature", Mental Health Clinician, 2017 Jan .
- Yaylaci S, Yilmaz EU, Guclu E, Kumsar NA, Tamer A, Karabay O, "Clozapine-Induced Febrile Neutropenia and Cellulitis", Turkish journal of emergency medicine, 2014 Mar .
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Clozaril and have Back Pain
- Support group for people who have Back Pain
- Support group for people who take Clozaril
Can you answer these questions
- Which part of the back does Zetia cause pain
- I do have scoliosis and back pain for many years and I go to a chiropractor for this pain. Have taken Tecfidera for like 2 years but this year my back really bothers me ? Can it be Tecfidera making it worse ? Any thoughts ?
- Why is it that doctors fu fu the thought that warfarin could cause back muscle cramps?
- The right side of my lower back and around my hip is very painful. Im sure its the doxazosin I am taking
- My 15 yr old daughter was prescribed Topamax 50mg for migraines, the side effects she experienced were unbearable. She had to discontinue after only 3 days of taking the medication. Today was the first day not taking it and still has severe neck and back pain. How long should these symptoms take...
You may be interested in these posts
- I have the worst back pain for years and have been taking triamterene with diovan for many years. Xrays don't show any problem although I have not had an mri. Massage girl keeps telling me my back muscles are always very tight and I do put heat on it and use a tens machine. Nothing seems to...
- Been on Celexa for 3 years. I have started getting terrible back/side pain,blurred vision,and I can't concentrate anymore plus my memory is off. I'm thinking I've been taking this pill to long and it's hurting my internal organs.
- I have only taken three tablets so far and have bad back pain since taking them, today I take my fourth tablet. I was recovering from an accident and had just got rid of my crutches after six months, but now am in pain again and find it hard to bend down/walk especially on a morning. It does...
- Had my first prolia injection in jan 2018 6 weeks after hve had bad lower back pain have had xrays a nothing has shown up
- I began experiencing tailbone pain about 1 month after starting Viberzi. My gastro did a physical exam and ordered an X-ray to rule out a fracture or tumor, and both were normal. Anyone else have this problem? I like the viberzi and don't want to stop, but the tailbone pain is pretty significant.
- Will you have Parkinsonism - Secondary with Ranexa?
- Flecainide Acetate and Kajuput drug interaction
- Will you have Pneumocystis Jiroveci Infection with Gleevec?
- Will you have Diverticulitis with Naloxone?
- Will you have Wax Blockage with Oxybutynin Chloride?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Ranexa and have Parkinsonism - Secondary?
- Support group for people who take Flecainide Acetate and Kajuput
- Support group for people who take Gleevec and have Pneumocystis Jiroveci Infection?
- Support group for people who take Naloxone and have Diverticulitis?
- Support group for people who take Oxybutynin Chloride and have Wax Blockage?
- What to expect when you take Ranexa and have Parkinsonism - Secondary?
- What to expect when you take Flecainide Acetate and Kajuput
- What to expect when you take Gleevec and have Pneumocystis Jiroveci Infection?
- What to expect when you take Naloxone and have Diverticulitis?
- What to expect when you take Oxybutynin Chloride and have Wax Blockage?
- Drug comparison of Zoloft, Synthroid for a 40 year old woman
- A study for a 49 year old woman who takes Prinzide, Naprosyn
- A study for a 54 year old woman who takes Codamine
- Drug comparison of Soma Compound W/ Codeine, Klonopin for a 25 year old woman
- Drug comparison of Ciprofloxacin, Ativan, Zopiclone for a 24 year old woman
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.