Clozaril and Fever - from FDA reports
Fever is found among people who take Clozaril, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Valproate Sodium, and have Schizophrenia, paranoid type. This review analyzes which people have Fever with Clozaril. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 36,473 people who have side effects when taking Clozaril from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 29, 2017
36,473 people reported to have side effects when taking Clozaril.
Among them, 1,819 people (4.99%) have Fever
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Clozaril when people have Fever *:
- < 1 month: 62.57 %
- 1 - 6 months: 16.17 %
- 6 - 12 months: 2.99 %
- 1 - 2 years: 3.74 %
- 2 - 5 years: 5.24 %
- 5 - 10 years: 4.49 %
- 10+ years: 4.79 %
Gender of people who have Fever when taking Clozaril *:
- female: 37.25 %
- male: 62.75 %
Age of people who have Fever when taking Clozaril *:
- 0-1: 0.07 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 4.12 %
- 20-29: 16.56 %
- 30-39: 21.66 %
- 40-49: 21.27 %
- 50-59: 19.5 %
- 60+: 16.75 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type (94 people, 5.17%)
- Depression (83 people, 4.56%)
- Psychotic Disorder (82 people, 4.51%)
- High Blood Pressure (57 people, 3.13%)
- Urinary Tract Infection (52 people, 2.86%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Valproate Sodium (106 people, 5.83%)
- Olanzapine (96 people, 5.28%)
- Diazepam (86 people, 4.73%)
- Depakote (83 people, 4.56%)
- Clonazepam (72 people, 3.96%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- White Blood Cell Count Increased (410 people, 22.54%)
- Malaise (355 people, 19.52%)
- C-Reactive Protein Increased (283 people, 15.56%)
- Neutrophil Count Increased (279 people, 15.34%)
- Arrhythmias (264 people, 14.51%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Fever when taking Clozaril?
- Check symptoms - is fever caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsFever and drugs with ingredients of clozapine.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeFever and Clozaril from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Clozaril has active ingredients of clozapine. It is often used in schizophrenia. (latest outcomes from Clozaril 36,652 users)
Fever has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, crohn's disease (latest reports from 260,063 Fever patients).
Browse all side effects of Clozarila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with FeverFever
Could your condition cause FeverFever
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hello. I've been taking Crestor for 4-6 months now and for the last 2 months I've had 3 fevers. My last one lasting for 7 days. Ive been masking my symptoms with Tylenol or Advil but the doctors can't seem to find anything wrong. Anyone else been through this?
My daughter had a liver transplant in 2011 at age 2, three months ago at age 6 she was placed on rapamune and now she is hospitalized with a diagnosis of herpes simplex. We are being told she caught it becuse of her low immunity to fight but can't determine where she caught it.
User reviews to the study
Hi everyone. I've been on methotrexate for about 10 years for psoriatic arthritis. My friends and family think it's funny how I'm always sweaty and hot when everyone else is comfortable or even cold. I, however, do not find it so funny that while sitting at a restaurant I start literally ...
I have been getting low fever and feelings like I have the flu late in the evening before bedtime. Does any other losartan users have these symptoms?? I take my losartan about 7 hours prior to the feelings>