Coenzyme q10 and Delirium - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Delirium is found among people who take Coenzyme q10, especially for people who are female, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Coenzyme q10 and have Delirium. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 18,162 people who have side effects when taking Coenzyme q10 from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
18,162 people reported to have side effects when taking Coenzyme q10.
Among them, 18 people (0.1%) have Delirium.
What is Coenzyme q10?
Coenzyme q10 has active ingredients of coenzyme q - 10. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. eHealthMe is studying from 18,383 Coenzyme q10 users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Delirium?
Delirium (wild excitement) is found to be associated with 2,556 drugs and 2,320 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Coenzyme q10 and Delirium reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Delirium when taking Coenzyme q10 *:
- female: 87.5 %
- male: 12.5 %
Age of people who have Delirium when taking Coenzyme q10 *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 30.77 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 69.23 %
Common drugs people take besides Coenzyme q10 *:
- Asa: 6 people, 33.33%
- Nuplazid: 5 people, 27.78%
- Gravol: 5 people, 27.78%
- Vitamin C: 5 people, 27.78%
- Vitamin B6: 5 people, 27.78%
- Sinemet: 4 people, 22.22%
- Vitamin B12: 4 people, 22.22%
- Miralax: 4 people, 22.22%
- Vitamin D3: 3 people, 16.67%
- Colace: 2 people, 11.11%
Common side effects people have besides Delirium *:
- Emotional Disorder: 5 people, 27.78%
- Hypersensitivity: 5 people, 27.78%
- Influenza Like Illness: 5 people, 27.78%
- Confusional State: 4 people, 22.22%
- Cellulitis (infection under the skin): 2 people, 11.11%
- Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind): 2 people, 11.11%
- Diarrhea: 2 people, 11.11%
- Heart Rate Increased: 2 people, 11.11%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 2 people, 11.11%
- Blood Pressure Fluctuation: 2 people, 11.11%
Common conditions people have *:
- Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind): 5 people, 27.78%
- Delusion (a false belief or opinion): 5 people, 27.78%
- Urinary Incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination): 1 person, 5.56%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 1 person, 5.56%
- Psychotic Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition: 1 person, 5.56%
- Prostate Cancer: 1 person, 5.56%
- Parkinson's Disease: 1 person, 5.56%
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 1 person, 5.56%
- Joint Pain: 1 person, 5.56%
- Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (bleeding disorder in which the immune system destroys platelets, which are necessary for normal blood clotting): 1 person, 5.56%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Coenzyme q10 and have Delirium?Check whether Delirium is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Peel MM, Cooke M, Lewis-Peel HJ, Lea RA, Moyle W, "A randomized controlled trial of coenzyme Q 10 for fatigue in the late-onset sequelae of poliomyelitis", Complementary therapies in medicine, 2015 Dec .
How severe was Delirium and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of coenzyme q - 10:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Coenzyme q10:
- Coenzyme q10 (18,383 reports)
Common Coenzyme q10 side effects:
Browse all side effects of Coenzyme q10:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Delirium treatments and more:
- Delirium (37,218 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Delirium:
- Delirium in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Delirium in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Delirium in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Delirium:
All the drugs that are associated with Delirium:
- Delirium (2,556 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Delirium:
All the conditions that are associated with Delirium:
- Delirium (2,320 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on coenzyme q - 10 (the active ingredients of Coenzyme q10) and Coenzyme q10 (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Sertraline and Blood Uric Acid Increased - 4 seconds ago
- Magnesium and Gastrointestinal Tract Irritation - 6 seconds ago
- Metformin and Urinary Tract Infection Bacterial - 25 seconds ago
- Albuterol and Fungaemia - 27 seconds ago
- Back Pain and Distributive Shock - 31 seconds ago
- Carisoprodol and Renal Failure - Acute - 46 seconds ago
- Carisoprodol and Acute Kidney Failure - 46 seconds ago
- Propecia and Blood Urine Present - 48 seconds ago
- Losartan and Vaginal Infection - 58 seconds ago
- Nausea and Hiv Infection - a minute ago