Cogentin and Hepatitis c - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Hepatitis c is found among people who take Cogentin, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Cogentin and have Hepatitis c. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7,198 people who have side effects when taking Cogentin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
7,198 people reported to have side effects when taking Cogentin.
Among them, 25 people (0.35%) have Hepatitis c.
What is Cogentin?
Cogentin has active ingredients of benztropine mesylate. It is often used in tardive dyskinesia. eHealthMe is studying from 7,466 Cogentin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Hepatitis c?
Hepatitis c is found to be associated with 1,679 drugs and 937 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Cogentin and Hepatitis c reports submitted per year:
Time on Cogentin when people have Hepatitis c *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 100 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hepatitis c when taking Cogentin *:
- female: 24 %
- male: 76 %
Age of people who have Hepatitis c when taking Cogentin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 13.64 %
- 30-39: 4.55 %
- 40-49: 27.27 %
- 50-59: 45.45 %
- 60+: 9.09 %
Common drugs people take besides Cogentin *:
- Clozaril: 12 people, 48.00%
- Zyprexa: 9 people, 36.00%
- Seroquel: 7 people, 28.00%
- Ativan: 6 people, 24.00%
- Haldol: 6 people, 24.00%
- Depakote: 5 people, 20.00%
- Risperdal: 5 people, 20.00%
- Diazepam: 4 people, 16.00%
- Elavil: 4 people, 16.00%
- Abilify: 4 people, 16.00%
Common side effects people have besides Hepatitis c *:
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 8 people, 32.00%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 7 people, 28.00%
- Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection): 6 people, 24.00%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 6 people, 24.00%
- Diabetes: 5 people, 20.00%
- White Blood Cell Count Decreased: 4 people, 16.00%
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe): 4 people, 16.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 4 people, 16.00%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 4 people, 16.00%
- Chest Pain: 4 people, 16.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Sleep Disorder: 3 people, 12.00%
- Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type (delusions and auditory hallucinations but relatively normal intellectual functioning and expression of affect): 3 people, 12.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 2 people, 8.00%
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 2 people, 8.00%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 2 people, 8.00%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 1 person, 4.00%
- Depression: 1 person, 4.00%
- Affective Disorder (mental disorder): 1 person, 4.00%
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 1 person, 4.00%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 1 person, 4.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Cogentin and have Hepatitis c?Check whether Hepatitis c is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Hepatitis c and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of benztropine mesylate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Cogentin:
- Cogentin (7,466 reports)
Common Cogentin side effects:
- Weight increased: 454 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 427 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 413 reports
- Drug ineffective: 375 reports
- Depression: 372 reports
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body): 371 reports
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 366 reports
- Drowsiness: 364 reports
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 362 reports
Browse all side effects of Cogentin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Hepatitis c treatments and more:
- Hepatitis c (129,373 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Hepatitis c:
- Hepatitis c in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Hepatitis c in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Hepatitis c in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Hepatitis c:
- Ribavirin: 2,571 reports
- Sovaldi: 963 reports
- Sofosbuvir: 947 reports
- Harvoni: 914 reports
- Oxycontin: 879 reports
- Pegasys: 744 reports
- Prednisone: 569 reports
- Dilaudid: 475 reports
- Clozaril: 467 reports
- Tacrolimus: 435 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Hepatitis c:
- Hepatitis c (1,679 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Hepatitis c:
- Hiv infection: 532 reports
- Pain: 526 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 451 reports
- Schizophrenia: 433 reports
- Liver transplant: 374 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Hepatitis c:
- Hepatitis c (937 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on benztropine mesylate (the active ingredients of Cogentin) and Cogentin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Isovue-128 and Florinef drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Heparin Sodium and Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome - 13 seconds ago
- Acetaminophen vs. Bupropion Hydrochloride - 15 seconds ago
- Phenytoin Sodium and Itching - 17 seconds ago
- Firazyr and Food Allergy - 20 seconds ago
- Vancomycin Hcl and Cogentin drug interaction - 31 seconds ago
- Paroxetine and Ventricular Dysfunction - 31 seconds ago
- Verapamil Hydrochloride and Olopatadine Hydrochloride drug interaction - 41 seconds ago
- Ramipril and Gout - 45 seconds ago
- Mycophenolate Mofetil and Proteinuria Aggravated - 47 seconds ago