Colace and Blepharitis - from FDA reports
Blepharitis is found among people who take Colace, especially for people who are female, 60+ old also take medication Zometa, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Blepharitis with Colace. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 20,950 people who have side effects when taking Colace from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 19, 2017
20,950 people reported to have side effects when taking Colace.
Among them, 33 people (0.16%) have Blepharitis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Blepharitis when taking Colace *:
- female: 54.55 %
- male: 45.45 %
Age of people who have Blepharitis when taking Colace *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 3.85 %
- 50-59: 34.62 %
- 60+: 61.54 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (6 people, 18.18%)
- Breast Cancer (5 people, 15.15%)
- Stress And Anxiety (4 people, 12.12%)
- Multiple Myeloma (3 people, 9.09%)
- Fibromyalgia (3 people, 9.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (22 people, 66.67%)
- Oxycontin (16 people, 48.48%)
- Ambien (16 people, 48.48%)
- Zofran (14 people, 42.42%)
- Morphine (14 people, 42.42%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (25 people, 75.76%)
- Injury (25 people, 75.76%)
- Stress And Anxiety (23 people, 69.70%)
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (22 people, 66.67%)
- Joint Pain (17 people, 51.52%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Blepharitis when taking Colace?
- Check symptoms - is blepharitis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsBlepharitis and drugs with ingredients of docusate .
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeBlepharitis and Colace from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Colace has active ingredients of docusate . It is often used in constipation. (latest outcomes from Colace 21,441 users)
Blepharitis (chronic inflammation of the eyelid) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple myeloma, glaucoma, rheumatoid arthritis, pain (latest reports from 2,442 Blepharitis patients).
Browse all side effects of Colacea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with BlepharitisBlepharitis
Could your condition cause BlepharitisBlepharitis
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
Hello Everyone, my name is Robbi Vee and I live in the Washington, DC area. I am prior military, now am a military spouse. I am also a thyroid cancer survivor of 10 years-WHOOHOO! However, I am still dealing will the ongoing challenges and frustrations of weight management! I am truly hoping I ...
I receive intraocular injections for my retinas, but Betadine used to cleanse before the procedure triggered horrendous allergic reaction including my eyelids (where I have blepharitis) - literally insane with pain hours after the procedure, but ophthalmologist told me I'd just have to suffer ...
I began Nov. 30 2015 receiving intraocular injections every 5 to 7 weeks (depending on condition of my retina) for wet macular degeneration. The drug seems very effective in repairing my retinas, however I have severe, extremely painful reaction several hours later which I'm told is related to ...