Colchicine and Breathing difficulty - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 19,458 people who have side effects when taking Colchicine. Breathing difficulty is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Arava and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Colchicine and have Breathing difficulty. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
19,458 people reported to have side effects when taking Colchicine.
Among them, 1,080 people (5.55%) have Breathing difficulty.
What is Colchicine?
Colchicine has active ingredients of colchicine. It is used in gout. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 19,712 Colchicine users.
What is Breathing difficulty?
Breathing difficulty is found to be associated with 4,998 drugs and 6,009 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 629,568 people who have Breathing difficulty.
Number of Colchicine and Breathing difficulty reports submitted per year:
Time on Colchicine when people have Breathing difficulty *:
Gender of people who have Breathing difficulty when taking Colchicine*:
Age of people who have Breathing difficulty when taking Colchicine *:
Common drugs people take besides Colchicine *:
Common side effects people have besides Breathing difficulty *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Colchicine and have Breathing difficulty?Check whether Breathing difficulty is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Colchicine side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Colchicine side effects (19,712 reports)
Breathing difficulty treatments and more:
- Breathing difficulty (629,568 reports)
Common drugs associated with Breathing difficulty:
- Prednisone: 43,965 reports
- Aspirin: 30,142 reports
- Spiriva: 25,479 reports
- Symbicort: 20,576 reports
- Methotrexate: 19,483 reports
- Pantoprazole: 19,398 reports
- Omeprazole: 19,335 reports
- Furosemide: 19,316 reports
- Metformin: 18,279 reports
- Amlodipine: 18,039 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Breathing difficulty:
- Breathing difficulty (4,998 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Breathing difficulty:
- Asthma: 46,342 reports
- Primary pulmonary hypertension: 37,578 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 27,851 reports
- High blood pressure: 26,686 reports
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: 24,612 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Breathing difficulty:
- Breathing difficulty (6,009 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on colchicine (the active ingredients of Colchicine) and Colchicine (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Meropenem and Zaroxolyn drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Lysodren and Abdominal Pain - 6 seconds ago
- Zestoretic and Breathing Difficulty - 12 seconds ago
- Reclast and Potassium Citrate drug interaction - 20 seconds ago
- Xiaflex and Hot Flush - 21 seconds ago
- Augmentin Xr and Flexeril drug interaction - 22 seconds ago
- Diprolene and Insomnia - 25 seconds ago
- Valium and Verapamil Hydrochloride drug interaction - 26 seconds ago
- Droperidol and Maxipime drug interaction - 39 seconds ago
- Lupron Depot and Centrum drug interaction - 45 seconds ago