Colchicine and Pulmonary mass - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 19,458 people who have side effects when taking Colchicine. Pulmonary mass is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, also take Ciclosporin and have Pyoderma gangrenosum.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Colchicine and have Pulmonary mass. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
19,458 people reported to have side effects when taking Colchicine.
Among them, 57 people (0.29%) have Pulmonary mass.
What is Colchicine?
Colchicine has active ingredients of colchicine. It is used in gout. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 19,714 Colchicine users.
What is Pulmonary mass?
Pulmonary mass is found to be associated with 1,593 drugs and 888 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 16,156 people who have Pulmonary mass.
Number of Colchicine and Pulmonary mass reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Pulmonary mass when taking Colchicine *:
- female: 62 %
- male: 38 %
Age of people who have Pulmonary mass when taking Colchicine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 8.33 %
- 40-49: 2.08 %
- 50-59: 8.33 %
- 60+: 81.25 %
Common drugs people take besides Colchicine *:
- Ciclosporin: 21 people, 36.84%
- Minocycline: 14 people, 24.56%
- Arestin: 12 people, 21.05%
- Lipitor: 8 people, 14.04%
- Dilaudid: 7 people, 12.28%
- Flovent Hfa: 7 people, 12.28%
- Magnesium: 6 people, 10.53%
- Morphine: 6 people, 10.53%
- Allopurinol: 5 people, 8.77%
- Atarax: 5 people, 8.77%
Common side effects people have besides Pulmonary mass *:
- Pancytopenia (medical condition in which there is a reduction in the number of red and white blood cells, as well as platelets): 27 people, 47.37%
- Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation (systemic activation of blood coagulation): 26 people, 45.61%
- Septic Shock (shock due to blood infection): 26 people, 45.61%
- Hepatic Failure (liver failure): 25 people, 43.86%
- Enterococcal Sepsis: 25 people, 43.86%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 25 people, 43.86%
- Pneumonia: 10 people, 17.54%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 9 people, 15.79%
- Pain In Extremity: 8 people, 14.04%
- Stress And Anxiety: 8 people, 14.04%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pyoderma Gangrenosum (ulcerating condition of skin that results in heaped borders with a typical appearance): 26 people, 45.61%
- Myasthenia Gravis (a chronic condition that causes muscles to tire and weaken easily): 24 people, 42.11%
- Wound: 8 people, 14.04%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 6 people, 10.53%
- Kidney Infection (Pyelonephritis): 5 people, 8.77%
- High Blood Pressure: 4 people, 7.02%
- Diabetes: 4 people, 7.02%
- Hepatitis C Virus Test Positive: 3 people, 5.26%
- Coronary Heart Disease (narrowing or blockage of the coronary arteries): 3 people, 5.26%
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 3 people, 5.26%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Colchicine and have Pulmonary mass?Check whether Pulmonary mass is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Colchicine side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Colchicine side effects (19,714 reports)
Pulmonary mass treatments and more:
- Pulmonary mass (16,156 reports)
Common drugs associated with Pulmonary mass:
- Prednisone: 2,051 reports
- Methotrexate: 1,958 reports
- Humira: 1,905 reports
- Enbrel: 1,131 reports
- Aspirin: 1,010 reports
- Spiriva: 919 reports
- Vitamin d: 760 reports
- Synthroid: 691 reports
- Symbicort: 628 reports
- Singulair: 622 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Pulmonary mass:
- Pulmonary mass (1,593 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Pulmonary mass:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 2,521 reports
- Asthma: 982 reports
- High blood pressure: 761 reports
- Pain: 489 reports
- Psoriasis: 474 reports
- Crohn's disease: 459 reports
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: 452 reports
- Osteoporosis: 426 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Pulmonary mass:
- Pulmonary mass (888 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on colchicine (the active ingredients of Colchicine) and Colchicine (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Cephalexin and Joint Range Of Motion Decreased - 4 seconds ago
- Vortioxetine and Viibryd drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Diphen and Plaquenil drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Tenormin and Colcrys drug interaction - 21 seconds ago
- Flexeril and Polysporin drug interaction - 25 seconds ago
- Methotrexate Sodium and Envarsus Xr drug interaction - 36 seconds ago
- Zyrtec-D 12 Hour and Ezetimibe drug interaction - 40 seconds ago
- Torisel and Calcitriol drug interaction - 42 seconds ago
- Phenergan and Selenium Sulfide drug interaction - 45 seconds ago
- Norco and Colistimethate drug interaction - 45 seconds ago