Combigan and Hyperkalemia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Hyperkalemia is found among people who take Combigan, especially for people who are female, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Combigan and have Hyperkalemia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 6,858 people who have side effects when taking Combigan from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
6,858 people reported to have side effects when taking Combigan.
Among them, 26 people (0.38%) have Hyperkalemia.
What is Combigan?
Combigan has active ingredients of brimonidine tartrate; timolol maleate. It is often used in glaucoma. eHealthMe is studying from 7,013 Combigan users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Hyperkalemia?
Hyperkalemia (damage to or disease of the kidney) is found to be associated with 3,216 drugs and 2,823 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Combigan and Hyperkalemia reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hyperkalemia when taking Combigan *:
- female: 73.08 %
- male: 26.92 %
Age of people who have Hyperkalemia when taking Combigan *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 5.26 %
- 60+: 94.74 %
Common drugs people take besides Combigan *:
- Vitamin D3: 8 people, 30.77%
- Lantus: 7 people, 26.92%
- Questran: 6 people, 23.08%
- Neurontin: 5 people, 19.23%
- Colace: 5 people, 19.23%
- Nexium: 5 people, 19.23%
- Prilosec: 5 people, 19.23%
- Veltassa: 5 people, 19.23%
- Eliquis: 4 people, 15.38%
- Miralax: 4 people, 15.38%
Common side effects people have besides Hyperkalemia *:
- Urinary Tract Infection: 6 people, 23.08%
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 6 people, 23.08%
- Diarrhea: 6 people, 23.08%
- Constipation: 5 people, 19.23%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 5 people, 19.23%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 5 people, 19.23%
- Bradycardia (abnormally slow heart action): 4 people, 15.38%
- Renal Injury (kidney injury): 3 people, 11.54%
- Heart Attack: 3 people, 11.54%
- Chronic Kidney Disease: 3 people, 11.54%
Common conditions people have *:
- Ovarian Germ Cell Embryonal Carcinoma Stage Iii (tumour involving one or both ovaries with histologically confirmed peritoneal implants outside the pelvis and/or positive regional lymph nodes): 6 people, 23.08%
- Pain: 3 people, 11.54%
- High Blood Pressure: 2 people, 7.69%
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia (cancer in which the bone marrow makes too many lymphocytes (a type of white blood cell)): 2 people, 7.69%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 2 people, 7.69%
- Gastric Ulcer (stomach ulcer): 2 people, 7.69%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 1 person, 3.85%
- Atrial Thrombosis (blood clot that develops in an artery): 1 person, 3.85%
- Cardiac Failure Chronic: 1 person, 3.85%
- Cardiac Failure Congestive: 1 person, 3.85%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Combigan and have Hyperkalemia?Check whether Hyperkalemia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Hyperkalemia and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of brimonidine tartrate; timolol maleate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Combigan:
- Combigan (7,013 reports)
Common Combigan side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 471 reports
- Eye pain: 419 reports
- Drug ineffective: 377 reports
- Dizziness: 358 reports
- Weakness: 302 reports
Browse all side effects of Combigan:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Hyperkalemia treatments and more:
- Hyperkalemia (70,835 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Hyperkalemia:
- Hyperkalemia in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Hyperkalemia in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Hyperkalemia in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Hyperkalemia:
- Furosemide: 6,036 reports
- Metformin: 5,328 reports
- Spironolactone: 4,217 reports
- Aspirin: 4,200 reports
- Lasix: 3,990 reports
- Lisinopril: 3,919 reports
- Allopurinol: 3,021 reports
- Lopurin: 3,021 reports
- Amlodipine: 2,901 reports
- Aldactone: 2,693 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Hyperkalemia:
- Hyperkalemia (3,216 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Hyperkalemia:
- High blood pressure: 9,321 reports
- Type 2 diabetes: 2,927 reports
- Diabetes: 2,483 reports
- Pain: 1,908 reports
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter: 1,835 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Hyperkalemia:
- Hyperkalemia (2,823 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on brimonidine tartrate; timolol maleate (the active ingredients of Combigan) and Combigan (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Imipenem And Cilastatin and Indigestion - now
- Basedow'S Disease and Pancreatitis Acute - 12 seconds ago
- Esomeprazole Magnesium and Splenic Infarction - 20 seconds ago
- Addison'S Disease and Urination - Excessive Volume - 21 seconds ago
- Nexium and Glucosamine drug interaction - 31 seconds ago
- Effient and Major Depression - 38 seconds ago
- Everolimus and Biopsy Lung Abnormal - 41 seconds ago
- Aromasin and Groin Abscess - 44 seconds ago
- Zofran and Nasal Discharge - 45 seconds ago
- Gastritis - Chronic and drugs of ingredients of venlafaxine hydrochloride - 48 seconds ago