Combivir and Withdrawal syndrome - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Withdrawal syndrome is reported only by a few people who take Combivir.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Combivir and have Withdrawal syndrome. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 14,890 people who have side effects while taking Combivir from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
14,890 people reported to have side effects when taking Combivir.
Among them, 2 people (0.01%) have Withdrawal syndrome.
What is Combivir?
Combivir has active ingredients of lamivudine; zidovudine. It is often used in hiv infection. eHealthMe is studying from 14,969 Combivir users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Withdrawal syndrome?
Withdrawal syndrome (a discontinuation syndrome is a set of symptoms occurred due to discontinuation of substance) is found to be associated with 1,770 drugs and 1,361 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Combivir and Withdrawal syndrome reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Withdrawal syndrome when taking Combivir *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Withdrawal syndrome when taking Combivir *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 100 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Combivir *:
- Zolpidem Tartrate: 1 person, 50.00%
- Xanax: 1 person, 50.00%
- Viramune: 1 person, 50.00%
- Effexor: 1 person, 50.00%
Common side effects people have besides Withdrawal syndrome *:
- Weight Decreased: 1 person, 50.00%
- Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation (systemic activation of blood coagulation): 1 person, 50.00%
- Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind): 1 person, 50.00%
- General Physical Health Deterioration (weak health status): 1 person, 50.00%
- Gastric Disorder (disease of stomach): 1 person, 50.00%
- Fungal Infection: 1 person, 50.00%
- Electroencephalogram Abnormal: 1 person, 50.00%
- Dyskinesia (abnormality or impairment of voluntary movement): 1 person, 50.00%
- Drug Eruption (adverse drug reaction of the skin): 1 person, 50.00%
- Disease Progression: 1 person, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Combivir and have Withdrawal syndrome?Check whether Withdrawal syndrome is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Withdrawal syndrome and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of lamivudine; zidovudine:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Combivir:
- Combivir (14,969 reports)
Common Combivir side effects:
Browse all side effects of Combivir:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Withdrawal syndrome treatments and more:
- Withdrawal syndrome (38,584 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Withdrawal syndrome:
- Withdrawal syndrome in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Withdrawal syndrome in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Withdrawal syndrome in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Withdrawal syndrome:
- Lyrica: 6,168 reports
- Oxycontin: 2,649 reports
- Cymbalta: 1,827 reports
- Tramadol: 1,679 reports
- Effexor: 1,409 reports
- Duragesic: 1,332 reports
- Gabapentin: 1,277 reports
- Xanax: 1,141 reports
- Clonazepam: 1,139 reports
- Sertraline: 1,087 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Withdrawal syndrome:
- Withdrawal syndrome (1,770 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Withdrawal syndrome:
- Pain: 4,983 reports
- Depression: 4,385 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 2,977 reports
- Fibromyalgia: 2,385 reports
- Back pain: 1,540 reports
- Neuralgia: 1,345 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,095 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Withdrawal syndrome:
- Withdrawal syndrome (1,361 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on lamivudine; zidovudine (the active ingredients of Combivir) and Combivir (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Minoxidil and Haloperidol drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Calcitriol and Neuralgia - 4 seconds ago
- Mefenamic Acid and Delsym drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Cetirizine Hydrochloride and Platelet Count Increased - 7 seconds ago
- Losartan and Snoring - 8 seconds ago
- Fish Oil and Surgery - 8 seconds ago
- Cenestin and Halobetasol Propionate drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Omeprazole and Acalculia - 11 seconds ago
- Multiple Myeloma and Headache - 14 seconds ago
- Thiamine Hcl and Dimenhydrinate drug interaction - 15 seconds ago