Compazine and Agitation - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 12,991 people who have side effects when taking Compazine. Agitation is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Zofran and have Pain.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Compazine and have Agitation. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
12,991 people reported to have side effects when taking Compazine.
Among them, 78 people (0.6%) have Agitation.
What is Compazine?
Compazine has active ingredients of prochlorperazine maleate. It is used in nausea and vomiting. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 13,036 Compazine users.
What is Agitation?
Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement) is found to be associated with 3,433 drugs and 3,258 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 136,674 people who have Agitation.
Number of Compazine and Agitation reports submitted per year:
Time on Compazine when people have Agitation *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Agitation when taking Compazine *:
- female: 75 %
- male: 25 %
Age of people who have Agitation when taking Compazine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 2.17 %
- 20-29: 8.7 %
- 30-39: 15.22 %
- 40-49: 19.57 %
- 50-59: 17.39 %
- 60+: 36.96 %
Common drugs people take besides Compazine *:
- Zofran: 18 people, 23.08%
- Reglan: 17 people, 21.79%
- Tylenol: 14 people, 17.95%
- Phenergan: 14 people, 17.95%
- Benadryl: 14 people, 17.95%
- Bactrim: 12 people, 15.38%
- Ativan: 12 people, 15.38%
- Dilaudid: 10 people, 12.82%
- Flagyl: 10 people, 12.82%
- Inapsine: 9 people, 11.54%
Common side effects people have besides Agitation *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 26 people, 33.33%
- Stress And Anxiety: 26 people, 33.33%
- Weakness: 23 people, 29.49%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 18 people, 23.08%
- Feeling Abnormal: 16 people, 20.51%
- Rashes (redness): 16 people, 20.51%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 15 people, 19.23%
- Breathing Difficulty: 15 people, 19.23%
- Constipation: 14 people, 17.95%
- Headache (pain in head): 13 people, 16.67%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pain: 18 people, 23.08%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 14 people, 17.95%
- Stress And Anxiety: 12 people, 15.38%
- Sepsis (a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure and death): 9 people, 11.54%
- Fungal Infection: 9 people, 11.54%
- Ovarian Cancer (cancer of ovary): 8 people, 10.26%
- Migraine (headache): 5 people, 6.41%
- Infection: 4 people, 5.13%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 4 people, 5.13%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 4 people, 5.13%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Compazine and have Agitation?Check whether Agitation is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Teimoory M, Arefi M, Behnoush B, Bastani B, "Promethazine and Treatment Refractory Agitation in Clonidine Toxicity", International Journal of Medical Toxicology and Forensic Medicine, 2013 Mar .
Compazine side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Compazine side effects (13,036 reports)
Agitation treatments and more:
- Agitation (136,674 reports)
Common drugs associated with Agitation:
- Cymbalta: 5,570 reports
- Loraz: 3,914 reports
- Lorazepam: 3,912 reports
- Aspirin: 3,547 reports
- Seroquel: 3,362 reports
- Omeprazole: 3,219 reports
- Paxil: 3,196 reports
- Diazepam: 3,137 reports
- Sertraline: 3,093 reports
- Abilify: 3,089 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Agitation:
- Agitation (3,433 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Agitation:
All the conditions that are associated with Agitation:
- Agitation (3,258 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on prochlorperazine maleate (the active ingredients of Compazine) and Compazine (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Hydralazine Hydrochloride and Mirtazapine drug interaction - now
- Zyrtec and Norethindrone Acetate drug interaction - 22 seconds ago
- Moxifloxacin Hydrochloride and Glucophage drug interaction - 43 seconds ago
- Seroquel Xr and Amaryl drug interaction - a minute ago
- Omeprazole and Blood Lactic Acid Increased - a minute ago
- Saw Palmetto and Mouth Ulcers - a minute ago
- Docetaxel and Accutane drug interaction - a minute ago
- Mobic and Upper-Airway Cough Syndrome - a minute ago
- Fluconazole and Tapentadol drug interaction - a minute ago
- Zenpep and Fluticasone Propionate drug interaction - a minute ago