Concerta and Death - from FDA reports
Death is found among people who take Concerta, especially for people who are male, 10-19 old , have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Risperdal, and have Agitation. This review analyzes which people have Death with Concerta. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 12,445 people who have side effects when taking Concerta from FDA, and is updated regularly.
12,445 people reported to have side effects when taking Concerta.
Among them, 75 people (0.6%) have Death
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Concerta when people have Death *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 16.67 %
- 6 - 12 months: 16.67 %
- 1 - 2 years: 16.67 %
- 2 - 5 years: 16.67 %
- 5 - 10 years: 33.33 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Death when taking Concerta *:
- female: 27.42 %
- male: 72.58 %
Age of people who have Death when taking Concerta *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 11.11 %
- 10-19: 53.33 %
- 20-29: 6.67 %
- 30-39: 13.33 %
- 40-49: 11.11 %
- 50-59: 4.44 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 6 people, 8.00%
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder (a childhood disorder described by the diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders): 4 people, 5.33%
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 4 people, 5.33%
- Tachyphrenia (abnormally rapid mental activity): 3 people, 4.00%
- Acne (skin problems that cause pimples): 3 people, 4.00%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Risperdal: 7 people, 9.33%
- Seroquel: 6 people, 8.00%
- Adderall 10: 4 people, 5.33%
- Clonidine: 4 people, 5.33%
- Abilify: 3 people, 4.00%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body): 6 people, 8.00%
- Diabetes: 5 people, 6.67%
- Stress And Anxiety: 5 people, 6.67%
- Diarrhea: 4 people, 5.33%
- Hyperglycemia (high blood sugar): 4 people, 5.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Experience matters! A new approach to health care:
What's next: manage your medications
- Subscribe to monitor Death in Concerta
- Subscribe to monitor Concerta
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Death
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Concerta has active ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from Concerta 15,442 users)
Death has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, primary pulmonary hypertension, chronic myeloid leukaemia, diabetes, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 386,249 Death patients).
Drugs that are associated with DeathDeath (3,077 drugs)
Could your condition cause DeathDeath (3,511 conditions)
Concerta side effects
- Concerta side effects (12,450 reports)
Browse all side effects of Concertaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Yalcin O, Aslan AA, Sari BA, Turkbay T, "Possible methylphenidate related hoarseness and disturbances of voice quality: two pediatric cases", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2012 Sep .
- Yektas Ç, Samurcu ND, Tufan AE, "Loss of Eyebrows (Madarosis) After Use of Long-Acting Methylphenidate: Case Report", Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2017 Aug .
- Coskun M, Adak I, "Excessive and frequent menstrual bleeding with methylphenidate in an adolescent girl with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2017 Oct .
- Coskun M, Adak I, Akaltun I, "Bilateral gynecomastia in a preadolescent boy while under treatment with methylphenidate and paroxetine", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2014 Aug .
- Lufi D, Bucherman M, Akita M, Cohen R, Sibani C, "The effect of methylphenidate on speech patterns of children with attention deficit disorder", Journal of Behavioral Health, 2015 Jan .
- Ersoy MA, Ersoy HT, "Manic symptoms associated with isotretinoin and methylphenidate combination: a case report", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2014 Sep .
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Concerta and have Death
- Support group for people who have Death
- Support group for people who take Concerta
You may be interested in these posts
- I am 78 retired professor,Had blood cancer last year,cured due to radiation and chemo,Had uti since then.A month ago sudden backpain started,It is not simple. Doctor found in mri and bonedensity test high ostioporasys.I took shot of prolia now and hope for normal life,.Due to high pain in...
- My mother died several days after being given golytely at hospital while waiting on surgery for bowel obstruction
- Well, it all started as nothing more than me trying to increase my already huge erections. The porn stopped working, so I asked my doctor to help. Since my doctor was grotesquely ugly, and unattractive it prescribed me these medications. First I got aids, then the rectal bleeding and swollen...
- Hi my name is nicole 44 years old I am taking zarelto for dvt -pe prevention
- Has anyone had depression half way through the day taking 54mg of concerta?
- Will you have Dyspepsia with Epinephrine?
- Will you have Breathing - Slowed Or Stopped with Sulfasalazine?
- Will you have Fibromyoma with Advil?
- Will you have Hbp with Acetasol Hc?
- Will you have Dysphemia with Miralax?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Epinephrine and have Dyspepsia?
- Support group for people who take Sulfasalazine and have Breathing - Slowed Or Stopped?
- Support group for people who take Advil and have Fibromyoma?
- Support group for people who take Acetasol Hc and have Hbp?
- Support group for people who take Miralax and have Dysphemia?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.