Concerta and Death - from FDA reports
Death is found among people who take Concerta, especially for people who are male, 10-19 old , have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Risperdal, and have Agitation. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 13,994 people who have side effects when taking Concerta from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
13,994 people reported to have side effects when taking Concerta.
Among them, 82 people (0.59%) have Death
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Concerta when people have Death *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 16.67 %
- 6 - 12 months: 16.67 %
- 1 - 2 years: 16.67 %
- 2 - 5 years: 16.67 %
- 5 - 10 years: 33.33 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Death when taking Concerta *:
- female: 29.41 %
- male: 70.59 %
Age of people who have Death when taking Concerta *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 10.2 %
- 10-19: 53.06 %
- 20-29: 8.16 %
- 30-39: 14.29 %
- 40-49: 10.2 %
- 50-59: 4.08 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 6 people, 7.32%
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder (a childhood disorder described by the diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders): 4 people, 4.88%
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 4 people, 4.88%
- Tachyphrenia (abnormally rapid mental activity): 3 people, 3.66%
- Acne (skin problems that cause pimples): 3 people, 3.66%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Risperdal: 7 people, 8.54%
- Seroquel: 6 people, 7.32%
- Allegra: 5 people, 6.10%
- Clonidine: 4 people, 4.88%
- Adderall 10: 4 people, 4.88%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body): 6 people, 7.32%
- Diabetes: 5 people, 6.10%
- Stress And Anxiety: 5 people, 6.10%
- Pain: 4 people, 4.88%
- Diarrhea: 4 people, 4.88%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Death while taking Concerta?
You are not alone:
Concerta has active ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from Concerta 16,991 users)
Death has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, primary pulmonary hypertension, pain, chronic myeloid leukaemia, diabetes (latest reports from 472,046 Death patients).
Drugs that are associated with DeathDeath (3,525 drugs)
Could your condition cause DeathDeath (3,515 conditions)
Concerta side effects
- Concerta side effects (13,999 reports)
Browse all side effects of Concertaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Yalcin O, Aslan AA, Sari BA, Turkbay T, "Possible methylphenidate related hoarseness and disturbances of voice quality: two pediatric cases", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2012 Sep .
- Yektas Ç, Samurcu ND, Tufan AE, "Loss of Eyebrows (Madarosis) After Use of Long-Acting Methylphenidate: Case Report", Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2017 Aug .
- Coskun M, Adak I, "Excessive and frequent menstrual bleeding with methylphenidate in an adolescent girl with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2017 Oct .
- Coskun M, Adak I, Akaltun I, "Bilateral gynecomastia in a preadolescent boy while under treatment with methylphenidate and paroxetine", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2014 Aug .
- Lufi D, Bucherman M, Akita M, Cohen R, Sibani C, "The effect of methylphenidate on speech patterns of children with attention deficit disorder", Journal of Behavioral Health, 2015 Jan .
- Ersoy MA, Ersoy HT, "Manic symptoms associated with isotretinoin and methylphenidate combination: a case report", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2014 Sep .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Gambling with Zopiclone? - now
- Will you have Joint Pain with Arnuity Ellipta? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Stiffness In A Joint with Arnuity Ellipta? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Pain - Joints with Arnuity Ellipta? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Unipolar Depression with Imitrex? - 4 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 22 year old woman who takes Concerta - 16 minutes ago
- A study for a 74 year old woman who takes Trazodone Hydrochloride, Oxybutynin, Singulair, Lipitor, Amlodipine, Hctz, Pantoprazole - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 64 year old woman who takes Keflex - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 65 year old woman who takes Omeprazole - 4 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Xeljanz Xr, Coumadin, Methylprednisolone for a 52 year old woman - 4 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.