Concerta and Dupuytren's contracture - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Dupuytren's contracture is reported only by a few people who take Concerta.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Concerta and have Dupuytren's contracture. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 18,289 people who have side effects while taking Concerta from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
18,289 people reported to have side effects when taking Concerta.
Among them, 2 people (0.01%) have Dupuytren's contracture.
What is Concerta?
Concerta has active ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. eHealthMe is studying from 20,906 Concerta users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Dupuytren's contracture?
Dupuytren's contracture (thickening of the fibrous tissue layer underneath the skin of the palm and fingers) is found to be associated with 445 drugs and 208 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Concerta and Dupuytren's contracture reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Concerta *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Concerta *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 50 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 50 %
Common drugs people take besides Concerta *:
- Seroquel: 1 person, 50.00%
- Myrbetriq: 1 person, 50.00%
- Lysine: 1 person, 50.00%
- Lactase: 1 person, 50.00%
- Fish Oil: 1 person, 50.00%
Common side effects people have besides Dupuytren's contracture *:
- Libido Decreased (loss of interest in sex): 1 person, 50.00%
- Curvature Of The Penis: 1 person, 50.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pollakiuria (abnormally frequent passage of relatively small quantities or urine): 1 person, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Concerta and have Dupuytren's contracture?Check whether Dupuytren's contracture is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Coskun M, Adak I, "Excessive and frequent menstrual bleeding with methylphenidate in an adolescent girl with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2017 Oct .
- Yektas ?, Samurcu ND, Tufan AE, "Loss of Eyebrows (Madarosis) After Use of Long-Acting Methylphenidate: Case Report", Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2017 Aug .
- Ersoy MA, Ersoy HT, "Manic symptoms associated with isotretinoin and methylphenidate combination: a case report", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2014 Sep .
- Coskun M, Adak I, Akaltun I, "Bilateral gynecomastia in a preadolescent boy while under treatment with methylphenidate and paroxetine", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2014 Aug .
- Adak, I., & Coskun, M. , "Symptomatic cholelithiasis associated with combined use of methylphenidate and fluoxetine in an otherwise healthy adolescent girl", Psychiatry and Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2014 Jan .
- Coskun, M., & Adak, I. , "Excessive and frequent menstrual bleeding with methylphenidate in an adolescent girl with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2014 Jan .
- Yalcin O, Aslan AA, Sari BA, Turkbay T, "Possible methylphenidate related hoarseness and disturbances of voice quality: two pediatric cases", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2012 Sep .
- Lufi D, Bucherman M, Akita M, Cohen R, Sibani C, "The effect of methylphenidate on speech patterns of children with attention deficit disorder", Journal of Behavioral Health, 2012 Jan .
How severe was Dupuytren's contracture and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Concerta:
- Concerta (20,906 reports)
Common Concerta side effects:
Browse all side effects of Concerta:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Dupuytren's contracture treatments and more:
- Dupuytren's contracture (2,031 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Xiaflex: 137 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (445 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Ra: 104 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (208 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on methylphenidate hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Concerta) and Concerta (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Migraine Aggravated and Stress And Anxiety - 2 seconds ago
- Fibrosis and Diabetic Ketoacidosis - 4 seconds ago
- Reglan and Kidney Malrotation - 5 seconds ago
- Abdominal Pain and Weight Decreased - 6 seconds ago
- Diazepam and Pericardial Effusion - 22 seconds ago
- Duragesic and Metastases To Small Intestine - 23 seconds ago
- Beyaz and Tagamet drug interaction - 25 seconds ago
- High Blood Pressure and Laboratory Test Abnormal - 43 seconds ago
- Casodex and Genital Herpes - 44 seconds ago
- Ulcerative Colitis and drugs of ingredients of theanine - 47 seconds ago