Concerta and Narcotic abuse - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Narcotic abuse is found among people who take Concerta, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Concerta and have Narcotic abuse. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 18,289 people who have side effects when taking Concerta from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
18,289 people reported to have side effects when taking Concerta.
Among them, 164 people (0.9%) have Narcotic abuse.
What is Concerta?
Concerta has active ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. eHealthMe is studying from 20,906 Concerta users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Narcotic abuse?
Narcotic abuse (addiction of narcotic (pain killer )) is found to be associated with 2,097 drugs and 1,617 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Concerta and Narcotic abuse reports submitted per year:
Time on Concerta when people have Narcotic abuse *:
Gender of people who have Narcotic abuse when taking Concerta*:
Age of people who have Narcotic abuse when taking Concerta *:
Common drugs people take besides Concerta *:
Common side effects people have besides Narcotic abuse *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Concerta and have Narcotic abuse?Check whether Narcotic abuse is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Coskun M, Adak I, "Excessive and frequent menstrual bleeding with methylphenidate in an adolescent girl with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2017 Oct .
- Yektas ?, Samurcu ND, Tufan AE, "Loss of Eyebrows (Madarosis) After Use of Long-Acting Methylphenidate: Case Report", Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2017 Aug .
- Ersoy MA, Ersoy HT, "Manic symptoms associated with isotretinoin and methylphenidate combination: a case report", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2014 Sep .
- Coskun M, Adak I, Akaltun I, "Bilateral gynecomastia in a preadolescent boy while under treatment with methylphenidate and paroxetine", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2014 Aug .
- Adak, I., & Coskun, M. , "Symptomatic cholelithiasis associated with combined use of methylphenidate and fluoxetine in an otherwise healthy adolescent girl", Psychiatry and Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2014 Jan .
- Coskun, M., & Adak, I. , "Excessive and frequent menstrual bleeding with methylphenidate in an adolescent girl with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2014 Jan .
- Yalcin O, Aslan AA, Sari BA, Turkbay T, "Possible methylphenidate related hoarseness and disturbances of voice quality: two pediatric cases", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2012 Sep .
- Lufi D, Bucherman M, Akita M, Cohen R, Sibani C, "The effect of methylphenidate on speech patterns of children with attention deficit disorder", Journal of Behavioral Health, 2012 Jan .
How severe was Narcotic abuse and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of methylphenidate hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Concerta:
- Concerta (20,906 reports)
Common Concerta side effects:
Browse all side effects of Concerta:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Narcotic abuse treatments and more:
- Narcotic abuse (72,172 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Narcotic abuse:
- Narcotic abuse in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Narcotic abuse in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Narcotic abuse in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Narcotic abuse:
All the drugs that are associated with Narcotic abuse:
- Narcotic abuse (2,097 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Narcotic abuse:
All the conditions that are associated with Narcotic abuse:
- Narcotic abuse (1,617 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on methylphenidate hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Concerta) and Concerta (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Candesartan Cilexetil and Omacor drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Diovan and Bacterial Test Positive - 3 seconds ago
- Amisulpride and Vesicare drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Diltiazem Hydrochloride and Diabetic Gastroparesis - 12 seconds ago
- Astagraf Xl and Cough Aggravated - 26 seconds ago
- Loraz and Fatty Liver - 30 seconds ago
- Lovastatin and Xadago drug interaction - 31 seconds ago
- Norflex and Nifedipine drug interaction - 31 seconds ago
- Vyepti and Diabetes - 33 seconds ago
- Tacrolimus and Atelectasis - 36 seconds ago