Contrave and Presyncope - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 4,899 people who have side effects when taking Contrave. Presyncope is found, especially among people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Ozempic and have High blood pressure.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Contrave and have Presyncope. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
4,899 people reported to have side effects when taking Contrave.
Among them, 26 people (0.53%) have Presyncope.
What is Contrave?
Contrave has active ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride; naltrexone hydrochloride. It is used in weight loss. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 5,139 Contrave users.
What is Presyncope?
Presyncope is found to be associated with 1,985 drugs and 1,254 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 24,716 people who have Presyncope.
Number of Contrave and Presyncope reports submitted per year:
Time on Contrave when people have Presyncope *:
- < 1 month: 94.44 %
- 1 - 6 months: 5.56 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Presyncope when taking Contrave *:
- female: 78.95 %
- male: 21.05 %
Age of people who have Presyncope when taking Contrave *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 21.43 %
- 40-49: 21.43 %
- 50-59: 35.71 %
- 60+: 21.43 %
Common drugs people take besides Contrave *:
- Amlodipine: 5 people, 19.23%
- Ozempic: 5 people, 19.23%
- Trintellix: 4 people, 15.38%
- Pantoprazole: 4 people, 15.38%
- Gabapentin: 3 people, 11.54%
- Clonazepam: 3 people, 11.54%
- Modafinil: 3 people, 11.54%
- Quinapril: 3 people, 11.54%
- Zantac: 1 person, 3.85%
- Flonase: 1 person, 3.85%
Common side effects people have besides Presyncope *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 18 people, 69.23%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 8 people, 30.77%
- High Blood Pressure: 8 people, 30.77%
- Dizziness: 7 people, 26.92%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 7 people, 26.92%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 6 people, 23.08%
- Constipation: 5 people, 19.23%
- Feeling Abnormal: 5 people, 19.23%
- Heart Rate Increased: 5 people, 19.23%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 4 people, 15.38%
Common conditions people have *:
- High Blood Pressure: 11 people, 42.31%
- Weight Decreased: 6 people, 23.08%
- Stress And Anxiety: 5 people, 19.23%
- Sleep Disorder: 4 people, 15.38%
- Restless Leg Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs): 4 people, 15.38%
- Parkinson's Disease: 4 people, 15.38%
- Apathy: 4 people, 15.38%
- Gastrointestinal Disorder (functional problems of gastrointestinal tract): 3 people, 11.54%
- Pain: 1 person, 3.85%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 1 person, 3.85%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Contrave and have Presyncope?Check whether Presyncope is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Contrave side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Contrave side effects (5,139 reports)
Presyncope treatments and more:
- Presyncope (24,716 reports)
Common drugs associated with Presyncope:
- Aspirin: 1,670 reports
- Prednisone: 1,116 reports
- Furosemide: 1,078 reports
- Omeprazole: 923 reports
- Ramipril: 907 reports
- Lasix: 901 reports
- Lisinopril: 899 reports
- Metformin: 894 reports
- Pantoprazole: 850 reports
- Coumadin: 748 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Presyncope:
- Presyncope (1,985 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Presyncope:
- High blood pressure: 2,052 reports
- Primary pulmonary hypertension: 1,289 reports
- Pain: 788 reports
- Birth control: 738 reports
- Depression: 655 reports
- Osteoporosis: 605 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 600 reports
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter: 590 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 549 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Presyncope:
- Presyncope (1,254 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on bupropion hydrochloride; naltrexone hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Contrave) and Contrave (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Nizoral and Night Sweats - 6 seconds ago
- Orphenadrine Citrate and Novalgin drug interaction - 27 seconds ago
- Enbrel and Belching - 39 seconds ago
- Dulcolax and Seasonique drug interaction - 48 seconds ago
- Ceftriaxone and Loxapine drug interaction - 51 seconds ago
- Hydroxyzine and Breo Ellipta drug interaction - a minute ago
- Zithromax and Flomax drug interaction - a minute ago
- Flexeril and Spinal Fusion Surgery - a minute ago
- Venlafaxine Hydrochloride and Cannabis Sativa drug interaction - a minute ago
- Orapred and Aspirin drug interaction - a minute ago