Copaxone and Proteinuria - from FDA reports
Proteinuria is found among people who take Copaxone, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Clexane, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Proteinuria with Copaxone. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 32,646 people who have side effects when taking Copaxone from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 20, 2017
32,646 people reported to have side effects when taking Copaxone.
Among them, 9 people (0.03%) have Proteinuria
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Copaxone when people have Proteinuria *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Proteinuria when taking Copaxone *:
- female: 66.67 %
- male: 33.33 %
Age of people who have Proteinuria when taking Copaxone *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 33.33 %
- 20-29: 11.11 %
- 30-39: 11.11 %
- 40-49: 33.33 %
- 50-59: 11.11 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (3 people, 33.33%)
- Diabetes (1 person, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Clexane (3 people, 33.33%)
- Ramipril (2 people, 22.22%)
- Trusopt (1 person, 11.11%)
- Synthroid (1 person, 11.11%)
- Lisinopril (1 person, 11.11%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nephrotic Syndrome (4 people, 44.44%)
- Lymph Follicular Hypertrophy (4 people, 44.44%)
- Headache (4 people, 44.44%)
- Oedema Peripheral (2 people, 22.22%)
- High Blood Pressure (2 people, 22.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Proteinuria when taking Copaxone?
- Check symptoms - is proteinuria caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsProteinuria and drugs with ingredients of glatiramer acetate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeProteinuria and Copaxone from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Copaxone has active ingredients of glatiramer acetate. It is often used in multiple sclerosis. (latest outcomes from Copaxone 33,173 users)
Proteinuria (presence of protein in the urine) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, kidney transplant, hiv infection, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple myeloma (latest reports from 10,833 Proteinuria patients).
Browse all side effects of Copaxonea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with ProteinuriaProteinuria
Could your condition cause ProteinuriaProteinuria
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Michaud CJ, Bockheim HM, Nabeel M, Daum TE, "Diagnosis of Exclusion: A Case Report of Probable Glatiramer Acetate-Induced Eosinophilic Myocarditis", Case reports in neurological medicine, 2014 Jul .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User posts to the study
I have proteinuria my blood sugar drops without any rhyme or reason. Pure protein can make it drop one day and sugar not affect it at all then I eat pure sugar the next day and my blood sugar drops to 22. Makes no sense. Never runs high at all. Waiting to get in with both nephrologist and ...